beginner outdoor strains

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Third Eye, Mar 31, 2011.

1. hi guys! i'm going to be starting my first outdoor grow with a buddy of mine here pretty shortly and we've been looking around at different strains and were wondering what the best beginner strains are? we are looking to grow about two different strains. any and all help is appreciated!:)
    here are some of the ones we've been considering so far:
    Hindu kush
    durban poison
    tangerine dream
    white widow
    super silver haze
    g-13

2. I highly recommend Papaya.
    Excellent outdoor strain. Very resistance to weather, produces high yeilds, and is respectably high in tch.;)

3. sounds like a good one to consider. does anyone else have any recommendations?

4. I just ordered Kaya Gold from Nirvana for my first outdoor grow. Here is the description of it:

100% feminised Nirvana marijuana seeds!Kaya Gold is a hardy marijuana strain bred for rougher climates, making it suitable for novice indoor growers as well. Tending towards the cannabis sativa side, its plants grow big and tall yet finish flowering early. Kaya has a spicy flavour refreshingly different from Skunk and contains a moderate amount of THC. She is pest-resistant and can take the heat. Perfect for leaving some seeds somewhere with a GPS and finding great marijuana plants in autumn. Kaya Gold thrives in greenhouses as well.

5. I wouldnt recommend doing that. Its best if you keep an eye or your plant.
    Check on it every week or so. Bugs, animals, and other variables can attack your plant fast and you'll want to be there to try and prevent it.

6. Yea, you dont have to do it like that. But that just shows how strong of an outdoor strain it is.

7. Well, here's a little more info about our grow area if it makes a difference. Me and my buddy went out scouting today and found a spot about a hundred yards into some pretty thick forrest (thick enough to turn away most not determined to go in) and found a nice open spot in the canopy with a pretty large area with pretty thick foliage about 3-5 feet tall. We figured if we take out one of the large trees that's blocking a large portion of the sky we would have plenty of light. Will growing in a forrest seriously hinder the growth? We plan on bringing 10 gallon tubs out there and filling them with store bought soil.

8. #8 Pumbasa Mufasa, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2011
    Depends. You say that you will be using your own soil, which is a very good idea.
    But there are other factors as well.
    You said theres enough light, so that shouldnt be a problem. However, you should do some estimating on how your light source (sun) will change positions. Be sure there is nothing that will get in the way of your light for an extended amount of time.
    Also, you have to be careful about water. I am currently growing in the forest myself. However, my grow partner lives close by and is able to water/tend to the plants on a regular basis.
    If you cannot regularly water your plant then I suggest some sort of water supply; such as a drip foundation. What would be even better is having a river close by.

Here's some more info I posted not too long ago.

Link To Thread