Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

beginner outdoor strains

• Please log in to reply

The Third Eye

The Third Eye

Look into my eyes...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,855 posts
hi guys! i'm going to be starting my first outdoor grow with a buddy of mine here pretty shortly and we've been looking around at different strains and were wondering what the best beginner strains are? we are looking to grow about two different strains. any and all help is appreciated!:)
here are some of the ones we've been considering so far:
Hindu kush
durban poison
tangerine dream
white widow
super silver haze
g-13

Pumbasa Mufasa

Pumbasa Mufasa

Ladst3r

• Registered Upgraded
  • 423 posts
I highly recommend Papaya.
Excellent outdoor strain. Very resistance to weather, produces high yeilds, and is respectably high in tch.;)

The Third Eye

The Third Eye

Look into my eyes...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,855 posts
sounds like a good one to consider. does anyone else have any recommendations?

Bullistic

Bullistic

• Registered Upgraded
  • 861 posts
I just ordered Kaya Gold from Nirvana for my first outdoor grow. Here is the description of it:

100% feminised Nirvana marijuana seeds!Kaya Gold is a hardy marijuana strain bred for rougher climates, making it suitable for novice indoor growers as well. Tending towards the cannabis sativa side, its plants grow big and tall yet finish flowering early. Kaya has a spicy flavour refreshingly different from Skunk and contains a moderate amount of THC. She is pest-resistant and can take the heat. Perfect for leaving some seeds somewhere with a GPS and finding great marijuana plants in autumn. Kaya Gold thrives in greenhouses as well.

Pumbasa Mufasa

Pumbasa Mufasa

Ladst3r

• Registered Upgraded
  • 423 posts

Perfect for leaving some seeds somewhere with a GPS and finding great marijuana plants in autumn. Kaya Gold thrives in greenhouses as well.

I wouldnt recommend doing that. Its best if you keep an eye or your plant.
Check on it every week or so. Bugs, animals, and other variables can attack your plant fast and you'll want to be there to try and prevent it.

Bullistic

Bullistic

• Registered Upgraded
  • 861 posts

I wouldnt recommend doing that. Its best if you keep an eye or your plant.
Check on it every week or so. Bugs, animals, and other variables can attack your plant fast and you'll want to be there to try and prevent it.

Yea, you dont have to do it like that. But that just shows how strong of an outdoor strain it is.

The Third Eye

The Third Eye

Look into my eyes...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,855 posts
Well, here's a little more info about our grow area if it makes a difference. Me and my buddy went out scouting today and found a spot about a hundred yards into some pretty thick forrest (thick enough to turn away most not determined to go in) and found a nice open spot in the canopy with a pretty large area with pretty thick foliage about 3-5 feet tall. We figured if we take out one of the large trees that's blocking a large portion of the sky we would have plenty of light. Will growing in a forrest seriously hinder the growth? We plan on bringing 10 gallon tubs out there and filling them with store bought soil.

Pumbasa Mufasa

Pumbasa Mufasa

Ladst3r

• Registered Upgraded
  • 423 posts

Will growing in a forrest seriously hinder the growth? We plan on bringing 10 gallon tubs out there and filling them with store bought soil.

Depends. You say that you will be using your own soil, which is a very good idea.
But there are other factors as well.
You said theres enough light, so that shouldnt be a problem. However, you should do some estimating on how your light source (sun) will change positions. Be sure there is nothing that will get in the way of your light for an extended amount of time.
Also, you have to be careful about water. I am currently growing in the forest myself. However, my grow partner lives close by and is able to water/tend to the plants on a regular basis.
If you cannot regularly water your plant then I suggest some sort of water supply; such as a drip foundation. What would be even better is having a river close by.

Here's some more info I posted not too long ago.

Im actually doing a guerrilla grow in the woods right now myself.

You should always prepare your grow site before you start to grow.
This means, churn and loosen the earth. I like use potting soil as well as other components and mix them into the ground. It helps to give your garden a good watering as well prior to planting.

You will definitely want a fence surrounding your garden. I recommend chicken wire. Set up posts around the perimeter of the garden and wrap the wire around, acting as a barrier to animals. Making an entrance that can be opened and closed is very convenient. You dont want to lock yourself out.

Also, I highly recommend investing in insecticide. This will deter any bugs and insects that might attack your crop. BE SURE TO ONLY USE FRUIT AND VEGETABLE SEGMENT.
This means that the insecticides are not harmful to your body. I imagine you wanna be able to smoke and not die from harmful sprays.

Another helpful tip is to leave a water source at the grow site. If you plant near a natural source such as a river, then this is not an issue. However, it is smart to have a large water supply already there so you dont have to carry it up every time.

Be sure not to leave any trash or items that may easily be seen from the sky. If you plan on leaving tools or a water supply at the grow for an extended amount of time, be sure to hide them. Giving them a paint job of black or a dark green helps tremendously.
One last important factor is the plants themselves. Cops are trained to recognize marijuana plants from the sky. Be sure to plant around shelter that is or is close to the same color of you weed. When planting multiple plants, plant them in a scattered order rather than having them in lines or in a circle.
In nature, plants do not usually grow in patterns. Therefore, try to make your grow appear as natural as possible.

Link To Thread

Edited by Pumbasa Mufasa, 01 April 2011 - 12:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users