Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Growing in the Maine woods

• Please log in to reply

DzdNcnfsD

DzdNcnfsD

Chronic user

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been growing outdoors for 11 years and indoor for 7, so I'm definately not a noob. My question is, are there any exceptional strains for Maine's short and rainy grow season. I've grown afghani and Durban poison for years with some luck and recently have been experementing with other strains/hybrids. Pure equatorial sativas don't finish and most hybrids with alot of sativa cut it too close to the heavy frosts that start mid-October. I would like a indica/sativa hybrid that has a sativa high,that is mold resistant, potent, and early enough to beat the frost. Thanks for your suggestion on strains and where to buy the seeds.

spinks

spinks

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
Have a look at mandala seeds :-)

Farm Dawg

Farm Dawg

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,871 posts
I would try the auto flowering strains>

ProvidencePlant

ProvidencePlant

In crypto we trust

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,188 posts
There are some "Super-Auto's" that have sativa highs and finish in about 10 weeks. Lemme know if you are interested and I'll throw you the link.

cosmo51

cosmo51

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I grew in maine last year I had church seeds feminized from greenhouse seed co I got them from seedmadness I pulled about 6 ozs a plant ended before it got to cold cut after the first heavy frost

Farm Dawg

Farm Dawg

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,871 posts
6 oz's a plant is pretty good for an area that has a short growing season.

cosmo51

cosmo51

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Depends on what strain you grow I started mine indoors for two weeks

Farm Dawg

Farm Dawg

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,871 posts
I started mine indoor the beginning of December.

cosmo51

cosmo51

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
You start them.in december where do you live

Farm Dawg

Farm Dawg

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,871 posts
I said I started them INDOOR in December. I'll be moving them outdoor. When the time is right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users