Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much higher do edibles get you?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by 911x1000, Mar 25, 2011.

1. So my usual 1 bowl isn't really giving me much of a buzz these days. I heard edibles give you a kickass body buzz.. is this true? how much do i have to use?

2. Half a gram will destroy u for hours

3. I smoke reggie though.

4. i find that edibles will get you about 30% higher. This is because if the THC is extracted correctly 90-95% of the THC will be extracted into the oil. But, when you smoke a bong you are only taking in 40-65% of the THC max. When i bake edibles i usually use .3-.4 grams max and i get higher than i ever do smoking.

5. Use a gram then.

6. use about .5 make the firecrackers i did that it was my first time with edibles i got high as hell no you dont understand me i got high as hell do it

7. really, thats all? I don't have a scale and i'm not sure if i have a full gram.. I'm thinking about trying to make firecrackers but damn i don't want to waste the last of my weed. Like i said i've got a pretty decent tolerance 3-4 bowls a day usually.

8. Trust me. Make some firecraxker or paleos oil.

High for 8hrs+

9. #9 911x1000, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
    well i just broke it down and it looks like at the very least a gram, prolly closer to 1.5.

I've done edibles multiple times but never really had them work. Wish me luck guys. Oh and any tips to make sure things go smoothly would be great. Planning on making firecrackers.

Also if anyone of yall have made firecrackers with schwag, hollar at me with how much you used. I really dont want to waste this and if i need to i can get more.

10. the finer you grind it the better.....
    i usually eat about what i would smoke at once ...or a bit more ...
    read a few of the edible threads.....there is much good info around....

11. make sure you follow the guides man and youll be set and high as fuck

12. damn. and you still get high for 6+ hours?

13. #13 kojopolis, Mar 25, 2011
    edibles fuck you up, do not underestimate them they are seriously underrated, and yeah you start to come down after about 6 hours, i say the peak high you can get off edibles goes beyond what smoke can do, plus it lasts longer, way longer
    potency doesn't really matter for edibles, here is what you should do

cook on 350 for 25 minutes, with organic peanut butter, crackers wrapped in tin foil, make sure the ground weed is mixed with the peanutbutter
    and yeah 350, the weed won't vaporize away don't worry i've done it tonnes of times, use a real oven not one of those shitty ovens too or else you'll be fucked, i've tried 320 and i got nothing but a mild buzz
    i hope i'm not too late
    make sure it's organic PB

and it's goes beyond a body buzz, whenever i take edibles my thoughts are similar to that of mildy tripping

14. read all the tutorials here on how to make edibles...

if you smoke 1 bowl of regs, you should be fine with using all of these recipes.

15. I've heard that it doesn't have to be organic, and JIF works fine. Correct?

Ehh not too sure on the accuracy of these stickys.. i'd rather get information from real people right now :)

What do you guys know about Decarboxylation? Worth it? Will it work good in a 1100 watt microwave oven?

16. :hippie: oh yes.....

you may have to play with the ratio a bit to get it just right.....
    too much peanutbutter and it will come on slow and not so strong......
    not enough and you dont get the absorption you want
    i usually smoke a blunt to myself....so i cook about that much bud ...or alittle more when i want .....and just enough peanutbutter so it is completely covered!
    but some people like to use more oil/fat

once you find a ratio of bud to oil/peanutbutter/fat
    you will be glad you took the time to make it work for you!

17. those threads are stickied for a reason..

dunno about microwaving things..edibles aren't rocket science.

read the threads about canna-oil and cannabutter and firecrackers. you're bound to find something that will work for you and your circumstances.

18. i use petterpan and have no problems at all.....

i do the Decarboxylation-deal with the microwave...it seems to be worth it to me....

i do this often.....at least twice a week ...sometimes everyday......:smoke:

i use this basic recipe ...but less peanutbutter(again-here you may have to make it a few different ways to find what you really like...more or less peanutbutter)........

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...canna-peanut-butter-simplest-edible-ever.html

19. #19 911x1000, Mar 25, 2011
    i've read way, way too many threads on the subject. a lot of misinformation. in the stickys too. Seems everyone has a different temp and time they recommend.

Decarbing lets you eat the weed raw and still get high right? So theoretically if i put the bud in a microwave for 2 2 minutes intervals and just ingest it straight i should get a buzz?

20. nope-
    decarb changes the chemicals....making them more psychoactive
    you still have to cook the bud in some kind of fat/oil....as the shit you want is not bio available otherwise.....its not water soluble.....so you have to put it into something you body can then get it from....fat/oil;):smoke:

i had i bit of a time getting it figured out myself...but now i have no problems at all....

i personally add a teaspoon of sugar per dose.......
    (to help get passed the liver.....)