Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

who dry hits their bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by aidenmurrey, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Eww I Feel like that would be really gross and harsh

2. Once my friend broke his downstem. So we hit his bong with water only in the perc. Tasted awesome.

3. How is using a small dry piece harsher than dry-hitting a bong? ...

Seriously, someone explain this logic to me.

4. There is more room for the smoke to swirl around and cool down,
    but still,
    way harsher than a spoon.

5. But you are intaking at least 10-20x as much smoke at once, regardless of how much room it has to cool or whatever.

I know you're explaining since I asked but damn...seems so...dumb.

6. ???

Does using a bong increase your lung capacity by 10-20x? Crazy!

7. Not to be a know-it-all, but when smoke cools, as with anything, it contracts, therefore meaning when using cold water a higher volume of smoke can get into the lungs at once. This is why warm water in bongs isn't actually a great idea. The reason it feels smooth is because you can't fill the bong with as much smoke.
    So no, it doesn't increase lung capacity, but it increases smoke capacity. If it were a dry-bong it'd still have a bigger area to cool in so in theory it should be a bit better than a spoon (by how much I have no idea, probably not a lot). The spoon I've had longest is a big one for that reason, more to travel means more cooling. However, I didn't take into account at the time that a bigger pipe also means more cannabinoids will stick to it in the form of resin.
    Dunno where the 10-20x came from though.:smoke:

In response to the actual question at hand, I haven't smoked a dry bong since I used to make bottle bongs many moons ago.

8. Never smoked reggies out of my piece, but even with good weed you're only given a few inches for the smoke to travel so while you're only starting your hit smoke already starts making its way down to your lungs, hence the harshness. The reason i said it makes the high less satisfactory is simply because you have to go through that burning feeling before you even begin to draw a good amount of smoke in, so might as well keep going if the feeling is gonna be just as bad. Maybe i should've also said that im not using a spoon with a carb but rather those interchangeable metal pipes. Probably makes enough of a difference imo.

9. shenanigans....i dont understand how you would not notice if there was no water in it....you can hear it and if there is no water then there is no resistance so i would be pretty noticeable