What size pot - 15 gallon or 25 gallon

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by HerbIsGood, Mar 23, 2011.

1. I am looking to grow this year in full direct sun (10+ hours a day) and mostly if not all in containers buried in the earth to stay cooler and retain a bit more moisture.

Right now I'm looking at blow-molded containers and I can get 30 15 gallon containers for about 100 bucks or 24 25 gallon for 170 bucks.

I'm looking to yield maybe 6-8 ounces per plant (hoping) if not more and I am wondering which size pot would be sufficient? Would 15 gallons be effecient or do you think plants of that size would like a bigger pot? I also plan on LST'ing the plants and topping.

any advice appreciated:smoke:

2. ive used 5 gallon buckets and theyve worked fine. id also try just planting seeds/sprouts in ground....im looking for flood tables but dont wanna fork out 60 bucks for a piece of plastic, was thinking about lowes cement mixing tubs? any ideas?

3. ^^this is true, but I want to be able to move at least a few of the plants.

I guess I could plant in the ground, but the surrounding area where I'm gonna be at is going to be full of clay and shit soil and the rest is full of old tree roots (pine, which are shallow and wide growing) which I don't really want to deal with amending. But at the same time, spending 100 bucks on pots is pretty damn pricey too.

what to do, what to do.

4. get 5 gallon buckets spray paint them in camo and move them around.

5. I would buy 10 of 25-40 gallons smart pots for $100 to $150.

6. I'm planting 50 sproutlings though, so I'll have most likely at least 20 females, I need to get up to 30 pots..

I already have about 10 that are nice size for big plants, but I need about 20 more if not a few more.

7. Wouldn't grow bags be an alternative to the pots from a cost standpoint? You can get all different sizes, paint the outsides camo and then you can still move them around.

8. If that's the case, just buy chicken wires/fence and burlaps. Wrap the burlaps around the chicken wire.

Like in this picture

Attached Files:

9. trash bags?