Grommet Bongs vs. GonG bongs

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by bamf64, Mar 21, 2011.

1. #1 bamf64, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
    Now, obviously there are differences between glass on glass(GonG) and Grommet style bongs. What do you think are the pros and cons of each of these types of bongs? Feel free to post pictures of your bongs along with your opinions!

Grommet style:
    [​IMG]

Glass on glass:
    [​IMG]

2. gongs are the way to go they allow for better diffusion once you pull the bowl

3. GonG=air tight. Grommet isn't air tight so therefore more drag

4. Why is this even a poll? Haha of course GonG is the way to go.

5. ^^^ seriously haha

6. I say grommet... imagine your joint breaks? Then what? loads to get it fixed or just buy a new one....

Grommet stem breaks... just grab a new one for like 2 bucks.

7. these arent even comparable :p

8. I don't think that roor is fake lol

9. this is like comparing mids to dank...its pretty simple, you get what you pay for

10. :laughing:

11. Now guys, sometimes the fit on GonG is so tight that when you pull the slider, the downstem comes with it, resulting in a shattered downstem. I know, it has happened to me multiple times.

But it's nothing a keck clip or a little bit of tape can't solve.

GonG all the way.

12. i can def appreciate a solid grommet bong but gong is the obvious choice i guess :)

13. the roor is not fake. that picture came straight from edit.

14. I prefer gong. My brother, who believes he can drill a hole in any piece of glass, put a grommet inside and call it a bong would seriously disagree. In his opinion, anything not made by hand is vastly inferior to hand made, even machine made bongs. Each to their own said the ol lady as she kissed the cow....

15. id rip the shit out of a grommet showerhead downstem

16. #17 chronickatcher, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That shouldn't happen if u keep your joints dry, don't have resin gooping all over, and dont slam the bowl piece in when u put it back.

Or if u can't do that,,,,, get a k clip? Those things are dope and only a couple bucks

Gong is unmeasurably better then grommet

17. i hate any rubber on a bong....Glass On Glass on Glass is the shit!

18. yeah what he said...get neck clips ...i got clips just because my friends are idiots.

puffer

19. Just get a keck clip or be more careful haha but that does occasionally happen you just gotta watch and not pull the slide out too fast.