Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Strains for migraines?

• Please log in to reply

MilkyTheBong

MilkyTheBong

The Stoner Mascot

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I suffer from chronic migraines, and I was wondering if anybody else who suffers from them have any specific strains that help. Do indicas or sativas help more? Just trying to figure out an idea of what I can do to make mary jane most effective for me.

Similar Topics: Strains for migraines?     x

ShimmyDylan23

ShimmyDylan23

• Registered Upgraded
  • 378 posts

I suffer from chronic migraines, and I was wondering if anybody else who suffers from them have any specific strains that help. Do indicas or sativas help more? Just trying to figure out an idea of what I can do to make mary jane most effective for me.

I know how you feel. I grew up with them, having about 3-5 a week. I unfortunately don't have the answer though so any answers could help me out as well.

nick7362

nick7362

money

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,071 posts
heavy indicas heal me.

MilkyTheBong

MilkyTheBong

The Stoner Mascot

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

I know how you feel. I grew up with them, having about 3-5 a week. I unfortunately don't have the answer though so any answers could help me out as well.

That's exactly what I'm dealing with myself, 3 to 5 weekly. Trying all experimental treatments, but really weed is all that helps.

heavy indicas heal me.

That helps a lot man, im never sure whether to purchase sativas or indicas, so this gives me a starting point at the least. +rep

PrincessTHC

PrincessTHC

• Registered Upgraded
  • 812 posts
I get Occipital neuralgia headaches, and I've been going through Medical strains for the last couple of months. I'm still experimenting but I find that the heavier indicas are very helpful.

I haven't really found a Sativa that helps my headaches, the closest I get are hybrids like Mr. Nice Guy.

I know that in my experience, Grand Daddy Purple is really helpful for stretching with a headache.

Also, look into other types of MMJ like edibles and topical creams. My dispensary offers an amazing muscle cream with indica that is extremely helpful. Edibles also seem to be the way to go for staying asleep with headaches.

Anyways, good luck and feel free to PM me about it. It's probably helpful having other headache MMJ patients to find stuff out with.

nick7362

nick7362

money

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,071 posts
any purp with that thick purple taste helps headaches too

piepgras

piepgras

Ildebrand

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,670 posts
My mate has some serious migraines, sometimes for many continuous days. I will herb him out with a bit of my indica heavy grow. Indica in general is a great pain reliever.

MilkyTheBong

MilkyTheBong

The Stoner Mascot

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Really appreciate the help. The only strain I've ever had work extremely well was Trainwreck. But I can't get my hands on it anymore. So now I'll be looking for some purple indicas. Thank you all for the help, it's very greatly appreciated.

Khalib

Khalib

Oaksterdam USA

• Registered Upgraded
  • 226 posts
I sometimes find sativas help if you can catch the migraine during the onset. and It only works for certain headaches too. Usually when I'm feeling one of them coming either behind my eyes or the top of my head, I can keep it at onset level with a sativa. Any other time indica or indica mixes can be somewhat helpful.

Migraines blow.

nick7362

nick7362

money

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,071 posts
if i smoke sativa during headache or any kind of acute pain it increases but i broke hand once n rolled indica blunts no problem but id never try that with sativa

~Blu

~Blu

100% Skateboarder

• Registered Upgraded
  • 751 posts
Marijuana Strain Effects - Leafly

LaCurandera

LaCurandera

The Doctor

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,069 posts
I get headaches from smoking weed sometimes, is that because of smoking instead of vaporizing/eating/etc.?

XIII

XIII

One Love

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
If you're getting headaches from smoking its probably caused by your herb not being properly flushed or cured of whatever chemical nutes were used in growing it.

To the OP - I'm a MMJ patient in WA for migraines, in my experience Shishkaberry has helped me more than anything else. GDP works, Maui Waui, Blue Dream....

What will end up mattering more than the strain is quality bud, try to find organic whenever possible, or, at the very least make sure it's been dried/cured properly.

LaCurandera

LaCurandera

The Doctor

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,069 posts

If you're getting headaches from smoking its probably caused by your herb not being properly flushed or cured of whatever chemical nutes were used in growing it.

Yeah so I've heard. Can't say I'm surprised, most local growers are probably itchin' to harvest asap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users