Any outdoor growers from IL?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by randommick, Mar 20, 2011.

1. I don't think you need to mix those two soils. Just go with one of them.

2. just go with the fox farm.

3. Would it be wise to mix in some native soil since I am transplanting? I've heard that the transition from your potting soil into native soil can do some harm.

I plan on mixing whatever Fox Farms I have left into the native soil before I plant. However, I'm not sure how much i will have left/

4. from what I hear that would be wise to do, to prevent transplant shock. however, you have to keep in mind that using native outdoor soil will massively increase the chance of pests.

5. This is true. It will also increase the size of your yield though.

So if you're gonna plant into the native soil/fox farm mix you should make some plan how to keep pests away.

6. Did you order the seeds to your house? I am about to order some also from attitude but I am skeptical about ordering them to my home

7. ditto. and i'm not gonna sign a 6 moth/1 year contract for a PO box that i'd have to give all my information to get anyways.

8. What type of pests should I plan to fight? I'm going to have my site fenced off so deer/coyotes can't get to it. But, I'm not sure what types of insect pests I need to be worried about or how to stop them.

Also, my seeds were sent directly to my house. The DEA hasn't come to get me yet.

9. Yeah i got my seeds shipped right to my apartment. no problems.

10. for pests just go buy a container of ladybugs and keep it in the freezer until u see any bugs thos little fuckers will eat everything in site and start mating like crazy i go to a store called brewngrow just call them and make sure its in stock

11. Any of you IL growers know where to get light warrior? I live like 20 minutes from Chicago.

12. call brewngrow if they dont have it have them order it its the only grow store i have found in il they have 2 or 3 locations check them out u can also go online its wer i get all my dirt n such i use biobizz soil

13. Ok thanks rustyavatar. I will probably call sometime next week. I need to start getting all my supplies together so I am not scrambling come early may.

14. dont you guys find it hard to find safe places to grow every year i make a plot and every year i get screwed im actually debating putting my clones in trees this year but it seems like a lot more work then normal and do u guys like doing one plot with all ur plants or spreading plants out far away from each other i normaly grow in woods but was wondering if train tracks are a better spot probly less likely someone would find it im just tryin to get some help and opinions im tierd of working all spring n summer to find my plants stolen come fall worst was wen they left a note with a smiley face saying thnx it fuc*in broke my heart.

15. If you're planting outdoors, you have to scout the area hard. That doesn't mean just a few quick trips. You really have to study surroundings and know when something has changed or if it is a high-traffic area. Stay away from trails and don't allow yourself to make any. Leave everything the way it was before you got there.

The land I'm on is private and I know who and who does not have access to it. I'm luckier than most when it comes to having a place to grow. However, I can't say why (I'm still paranoid).

Although I haven't grown yet, I have become good at identifying things that stand out or have been changed in some way. The key is to really know your land. Know where trails are if they exist. Identify thickets and potential entry points. Once you've done that, you can start to see a pattern of where outsiders will travel if in the area.

Follow a game trail and get into some really thick shit, that no one would want to walk in, even if they were looking for something. Once you're there, use your eyes. Ask yourself what can and cannot be seen. You have to think like someone who is an outsider. Plant in a secluded area, but not so secluded that others would be attracted to it too. It sounds like a paradox, but it is a feasible plan of action.

16. what strains is everyone growing?

17. Long time smoker first time grower. I work at a small golf course and have plenty of access to private space and wonderful chemicals. Just ordered my seeds yesterday and prepped a spot for my grow. Im gonna only try a small grow and plant 2 white widow, 1 cheisel (cheese x NYC diesel) and 1 dutch passion. I'm planning on germinating the seeds right wen they arrive and keep them in pots for a few weeks first. If ne one has ne miracle fertilizers or deer repellants that would b huge. Glad to see there are a good number of IL growers btw.

18. Kaya Gold.

Gonna grow some TREES.

19. I'm going to put 2 bag seeds out tonight that have sprouted. the lowest temp it is supposed to get is 42*, which is still probably much too cold, but I have to get them out of my apartment. Maintenance has been here the past couple days and they still have a lot of work to do here and it is just too sketchy. I'm going to modify a mini fridge and just grow my auto big bang in that. I know that the other plants will most likely die, but its worth a shot.

20. The forecast is looking better for our area, but I'm still going to wait quite a while before I transplant. If I were you, I'd hold off as long as I could. However, it sounds like you're kind of backed into a corner. Maybe spring will finally take hold and the freezing nights will subside after this week. I hope they do turn out though. It would suck to loose plants this early.