Any outdoor growers from IL?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by randommick, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Looking for other growers in the southern portion of the state, I'm just looking to network a bit as I know very few growers around here and even fewer that are willing to trade knowledge with each other.

Private messages are prefered, I'm not wanting to meet or anything, just use GC as a buddy system of sorts for info, comparing strains, etc.

Thankies.

2. central illinois right here. doing my first grow this summer. i know there has to be some more people from illinois on here too. good luck man.

3. Cool man. Lots of farmland and wooded areas down a bit south, I don't really know about up there. Should be perfect for some guerilla grows, and a lot of the places around here are sparsley populated, so there's not much law enforcement looking for grows. Should be a good year.

4. yeah i live in a small town....pretty much corn and beans haha. im actually doing an indoor grow and outdoor grow. hopefully its a great year.

5. Yeah i'm in central Il to... this will be my first grow. Cant wait for May!

6. a little bit of friendly competition? :D....just messing. ill be watching your grows hopefully we can all have some real good harvests. keep in touch ya'll.

7. Yep same here, smaller town, not far of a drive to nothing but farms.

This is kind of an odd year for me, I usually prefer to grow inside, but because I relocated outdoors is all that I have. I'll be sure to check up on everyone's when we start posting pics and whatnot.

8. yeah this is my first indoor and outdoor so we will see how it goes. what do you usually use for lighting? im only doing like 3-4 plants indoors.

9. The past 2 years I did CFL grows, with seperate sets for veg/flower. I picked up everything I needed to grow 6 plants (2 male both times) for under $100, mostly at walmart.

Got some very nice plants the second grow once I learned from my mistakes. One of my friends gets only slightly better results using a very advanced lighting system, however he grows more at once.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm in central Illinois and this will be my first grow this spring/summer as well.

Plan on growing 4-5 Kaya Gold Plants outdoors.

11. awesome man. i ordered tangerine dream, moby dick, violator kush, kandy kush, and jack herer. all feminized..plus two free seeds:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have 20 fem K2 seeds and 8 fem "anthrax" left, I'm not certain it's actually the anthrax strain as they were given to me by a friend, but iv'e grown with them before and it's superdank. I also have around 150 seeds that i've picked out of random dank pickups. I want to get some headband, but I'm kinda iffy on spending more money on seeds, kind of on a budget this year.

13. i was getting headband for a solid two months. its a great smoke. one of the best.

14. Western suburbs of Chicago here. I'm gonna do a few auto-flowering plants this summer as my first grow ever. I'm goin with autoflower because i need stealth and the less time they take means less time for something to happen to them.
    I just can't decide where to order seeds from.

15. i ordered mine from the single seed centre...still waiting for them...ordered them last week....should be here next week sometime hopefully.

16. Let me know if you get them man. :smoke:

17. #17 CarloMarx, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011
    Just ordered my seeds from Nirvana a few days ago. Hopefully I'll get them soon.

I started my veggie garden inside this year and the plants are thriving. I'm using a fish tank with two 15w fluorescent bulbs and an electric blanket under it. My sweet corn is growing around an inch a day. If I'm lucky, I'll achieve those same results for the first couple weeks of my Kaya Gold's life.

Attached Files:

18. Im in the northwest suburbs, hopefully i can get an indoor and outdoor grow going

19. hey u said u had 150 seeds. i have around tat number and i was wonderin how many u were goin to put in one spot

20. i'd like to hear from the people who ordered seeds. I don't have to do it, cause I know i can get some good seeds, but it would be awesome to be able to grow a name brand strain. I'm kinda sketched about ordering online, and I'm pretty positive none of my friends want that shit shipped to their place