Little white bugs in my soil. Are these soil mites? Harmful? [HD video]

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bi0x, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Excellent video, biOx - I've exactly the same kind of bugs, and Smoochin's reply was very helpful. As a matter of fact, I was able to find the culprit for the infestation: I had placed a small container to collect water under the urn where my indoor lemon tree is planted. I had forgotten about it, fungus developed in the water (got that terrible rotten egg smell) and sure enough the springtails followed. I've noticed a clear reduction in the number of bugs since I removed the water container.

2. i have just come across these and was shitting my pantiess wondering if they are some harmfull root eating motherfuckerss :( this post cleared that straight up,thanks bro..stickky this so more see it in ther time of need!!

3. Referencing the entire post, I am glad I am not the only one that questioned these little white bugs in the soil I just recently bought.

R1ggs: Exactly the same thing I ran into!!! I bought a bag of the Moisture Control Miracle Grow Potting Soil for household plants, and it has these in all of it. I noticed the soil was VERY moist but not too much so when I opened the bag, so that must have been it that they are coming with the bag.... you don't just buy the soil but it comes with free insects! HOORAH!