Nature of Consciousness

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 1Trismegistus1, Mar 20, 2011.

1. I couldn't really think of an exact descriptive title, but this is a good movie, a little over an hour long. It's about quantum mechanics and the nature of consciousness and being. Definitely a good watch. It also mentions PROVEN/DOCUMENTED cases of "telepathy" since a lot of you are so sure that these things don't exist or else they'd be all the rave of science/media.

The Quantum Activist (2009) - Full Movie video - Watch Videos Online Free

If that link doesn't work, heres a link with a whole bunch of links to different sites to watch the movie. The first one was loading slow for me so I went to this one, it might be different for you.

The Quantum Activist (2009) | Watch Movies Online Free, Full Downloads Free

2. Thanks..I'd be interested to see it...I definitely believe telepathy can be used. It is definitely intrusive though, and not to be used in just any situation.

3. It would be interesting if telepathy was like being two persons at once, like getting feedback from two body/minds at once, i'd imagine it would be confusing interpreting all the emotions and sensation simultaneously

but that just my idea of how telepathy would work, it would be like becoming two people

although i've thought of ways were it would be like 3 people, where you would not exist in neither your mind or anothers mind but simply be the silent observer that watches the sensations but is not "affected"

I think the whole "i can hear your thoughts" telepathy to pretty lame unless applied to talking dogs

The "i can search your mind" for telepathy seems just as lame, if its gonna be something cool like telepathy why reduce our minds to just another computer

I don't know anything about "real" telepathy

4. Ill never forget when I was tryin to get a black n mild but I needed my friend to buy it for me at the time. Our conversation (about the school system being bad for education) was completely unrelated to the subject I was thinking about, but in the middle of his sentence I cut him off and said "yo I got a question for you."

and he responded with "tryina go get a black?"

my head was thoroughly fucked for the rest of my life. Im still a little shook about how perfect the situation was with no external stimulus to trigger his thoughts to be on par with mine like that.

im sure telepathy is real at this point, most just aren't aware enough to realize how much we all communicate on a sublingual level.

5. Awesome awesome video, I watched about half, going to bed and will return to the 2nd half..

Speaking of telepathy. My same friend and I have done shrooms/LSD together 6-7 times. and EVERY time, I honestly just FEEL his mind, his emotions. And I know he feels me too. And even told me so. Some times we see the same exact things, we are always thinking the same things. And just feel the same feelings. and have caught each other so many times saying "DUDE I was just about to say that", or "DUDE, I swear I just saw the same thing you were describing" It's so bizarre and blows my mind. And is only with this one friend. This was something I always wanted to look into further more.........:smoke:

6. Monsieur Floyd I may that that quite possibly that might sometimes regulary happen to my friends and I!
    And ima wat this carzy ass video, I love it when quantum mechanic shit mixes into spiritual stoof it makes me feel like more people are further than the bog standard life.

7. I plan on watching this tonight. It looks really interesting.

8. #8 DZL, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
    i saw this at a friends house on netflix. no one seemed to pay attention but me. the guy pretty much clarifies a theory of reality i came up with on my own during a year long adderall binge back in highschool. its not something i could ever fully explain, its just a big picture in my head that is way too complicated to describe.

9. I know what you mean. He does a fantastic job of wording the complexities of the situation though.

Ive been flowing with the idea that consciousness is essentially what everyones definition of God was. all the arguments about which god is right or wrong are simply arguments over stupid definitions of God.

The idea that what we are, is the all permeating substance of everything that is , will never cease to get inside my head and skullfuck me into oblivion.

10. CO---rrect! ;)

11. just watched it... kinda fell asleep for half of it but his words were drilling into my head.
    Most of it was what I thought anyway but nice to see someone phase what we think in good words..
    It made me think of this question again when he had the ice cream: why do we like things, I mean i like vanilla more than chocolate but why? Once I destroyed all my feeling of polarity, took away all my likes/dislikes, couldn't tell hot from cold.. It was really wierd I felt like a baby but I could still remember what I did like from memory so I could only keep it up for a few hours... I remember eating some food and I dunno it just tasted like what it tasted and I had zero idea if I liked it or not.

12. Amit Goswami and quantum mysticism is a joke. It has no basis in reality, no experimentation to back up any of it's claims. Don't pretend to be interested in science when you're really just interested in God.

See this article for an adequate explanation, aptly titled 'Quantum Quackery'

13. lol ....why would quantum be contradictory......life is not always black and white.....from the scientists' point of view to various religions...Christian and Islam to be specific

14. ^I have no idea what you're talking about.

15. lol.......

16. So, explain?

17. Its not for me to explain, but for you to figure out.

18. How is what you said not for you to explain?

19. #19 Kardredor, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
    So you're stuck in matter-over-mind, rather than the opposite.

How do you perceive matter? How do you know it's there? All senses are are ways for us to perceive matter, in whatever way we choose. So, is matter really there if we have to have a bodily function in order to understand it's "existence?" How could you prove matter exists without any of your senses? You can't. What you can always know, blind or deaf or all-your-nerves-are-damaged-and-you-have-no-sense-of-touch, is the conscious awareness of thought.

Edit: Consciousness is all, and all is consciousness. Consciousness is indeed the prior function, but it's a harmonious existence.

20. Me and my best pal tripped on some off topic hallucinagens(Sally d) and had the exact same trip involving falling unto a robotic Velcro belt. Telepathy is a possibility.