Collab SNOB Glass/Grasscity.com Collab - Double Chamber ten arm perc + showerhead perc

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Superjoint, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Just above the tree...
    The a/c supposed to stay dry.

2. i like it
    you ever think about making little concentrate rigs as well Hans?

3. Hi Hans!
    I Like the new design.
    For the joint I have to say that I own a Retarded bubbler that also uses this kind of male joint, and it works well. I can use the elbow in 90º or turn it to 45º. I have to say that I don't use keckclips normally. When I conect the downstems, or the elbow in this bubbler I press a little bit while I turn it to the desired position. I never had problems with it.
    Love the tree design, and the circ dome. Nice work Hans.

Here you can see the retarded bubbler in action.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4173XycyPKs]YouTube - Retarded glass bubbler at BCN[/ame]

4. Fucking awesome Hans.

I have to say that this kind of joints work very well. I have a retarded bubbler (from Karl Termini) that uses the same joint. I can use it as a 90º joint, or 45º joint or whatever I need. I just have to turn the joint to the point I need. Also have to say that I rarely use a keck clip on my pipes. I prefer to apply a little bit of press to the joint while I turn it to the desired position. I never have problems with this technique ;).

Love the treee with this inner tube, looks smooth. And nothing to say about the circ dome.

Here you can see the retarded bubbler in action.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4173XycyPKs]YouTube - Retarded glass bubbler at BCN[/ame]

5. Thanx man. Great video. Retarded....Love Karls work.Have u seen Karls latest work here on GC.
    I the years we worked together we learnt a lot from eachother. U can see that in both of our work..
    Thanx again for the appreciation.
    Peace...

6. This is just the beginning...

7. the design seems pointless and obsolete. if the joint faced vertical instead of horizontal it would make more sense because you cant use a regular slide on it without that mini a/c looking thing. also it seems very prone to breaking there because it sticks off the side so much

8. I think this is a vary interesting design. I don't have the same complaint about it as others.

1. i wish it was 499. not because its not worth the price tag but because I could afford it if it was =P

2. I think the perk in the bottom should be reinforced to the side wall. seems like if it hit the table to hard when you put down or it tipped over those trees would shatter. or the main stem would snap from the weight.

well thats my opinion anyways. I will say this though out of all the grass city colabs going on right now I think this is the best design as well as the best priced even though I cant afford it =P

9. I like this. It isn't the most versatile piece because of the way the joint works, but sometimes a piece doesn't need to be versatile. I've got a one piece bubbler, it can never be anything but a bubbler, doesn't mean I still don't love it. But if another joint a/c or whatever came out from SNOB, or a competitor for that matter, you have that "bubbler" but now because of it's design it can be "something else".

I hope that made sense, heh. :)

Anyway as I was going to say originally, when you said 45 degree I was like :confused_2: for a minute, but then I thought of it's design, then thought about it laying sideways, then realizing the bowl would still be up. Great idea for a couch, desk, or general sitting bong. Without water this could be the most intricate steamroller you have ever hit while holding it above your head.

The other thing that caught my eye was the slits on the a/c, I like it. Maybe to some people it isn't a big deal that the slits are pointing away from the bong, but that can easily save your bong from weekly cleaning, to maybe monthly cleanings. That just really strikes me as awesome, so thumbs up.

To finish this little diary entry up, I like it. Almost enough to put in a reservation now, but 600 is a lot for me, especially considering I am planning on moving to an apartment in the next month, that 600 may need to go to rent.

So that leaves me with a quick question, if we put in a reservation now, I'm going to imagine there is no down payment, you just get put on a list for the name, or that you are interested in general. If that's the case, if I put in a reservation now, when could we expect to be paying for them?

Looking forward to either partaking, or seeing some milk shots in the future.

10. Looks really cool, but 600 dollars?! That would buy a lot of weed. I would love to have one but I couldnt see spending 250 at the most on something like that, any bong for that matter. Maybe if it was made of pyrex glass. Is it? I can see myself spending that kind of money and then dropping it high. Eeek.

11. Pryex= china glass
    Borosilicate= high end glass

12. #33 DeathHund, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
    Interesting

The European manufacturer of Pyrex, Arc International, uses borosilicate glass in its Pyrex glass kitchen products;[2] however, the U.S. manufacturer of Pyrex kitchenware uses tempered soda-lime glass.[3] Thus Pyrex can refer to either soda-lime glass or borosilicate glass when discussing kitchen glassware, while Pyrex, Bomex, Duran and Kimax all refer to borosilicate glass when discussing laboratory glassware. -Wikipedia

Same thing. Perhaps you should research glass a little more. Pyrex is a brand name, and it's not made in China.

13. it's schott duran

14. I wish I could afford one of them. Bet it's a smooth smoke.

15. So your saying this piece isn't unique then and agreeing with him, but saying he can't do better so he should shut up? I cant make a lot of food, doesn't mean im not sending it back if its shitty.

16. Not into the design at all, the joint needs to be facing upwards. You don't even give people the option to use any other A/C than the one you provided, because the joint is Horizontal.

The tree perc also needs the inner slits gone.. not sure why they are there at all when the water sits less than half an inch high. I like where you were headed with the idea's but I think you have to change it up so it can be functional.

17. I understand how making the joint come out at 0 degrees lets you tilt the bong back at a angle and still hit it with the bowl straight up. That is a good idea, but this bong has a tree perc so you CANT hit it at a angle or the perc wont diffuse the smoke properly (all the smoke will jsut go through the highest arm) so on this bong that joint doesn't really make any sense to me. I might just be confused but who knows

18. Surprisingly, a friend told me that they were the same thing even before I read this! He said he used to blow glass, now I can safely assume he did! Sweet! Thank you for the answer and for spreading such useful knowledge!

19. i have a glass piece I bought a few weeks ago and I was wondering how to make bowls last longer? I seem to only every get 2 milky hits