• 10 Replies
  • Please log in to reply
  • Banned

• weedzilla420
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 10:55 PM

hey gc,
i was wandering how much trouble a person would get in if they were found to have been growing like 3 plants or less.

according to norml.org for my state:
the penalty for cultivating b/w 1/2 ounce and 10 lbs is a felony, 1-6 year imprisonment, and a fine of $5000 or less. are they really going to do all that shit to someone who is growing for personal use less than 3 plants?
if so, america fucking sux ass. a country where it's legal to own an assault rifle, but a joint will get you thrown in the slammer quicker than you can say "fuck the police". how many people have ever died from someone who had a joint compared to people who have been killed by firearms.
Replies (10)

Similar Topics: growing penalties     x

• My Nissan > Your Car

• WL-Jeff
  • Old School
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 10:59 PM

all depends on your state.. you answered your own thread

• Banned

• weedzilla420
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:44 PM

does anyone know what the most leniant state for growing would be? (continental US)

ps:
after more careful reading i discovered that my state (nc) has a stamp tax law as well.

"Marijuana tax stamps: This state has a marijuana tax stamp law enacted. This law mandates that those who possess marijuana are legally required to purchase and affix state-issued stamps onto his or her contraband. Failure to do so may result in a fine and/or criminal sanction. For more information, see NORML's report Marijuana Tax Stamp Laws And Penalties ."

i found that very amusing. you are legally required to put a stamp on something illegal. where do you get these stamps from, the post office?

i can just see some red eyed stoner (like the crazy white guy from "halfbaked") going into the post office and going up to an employee and ask, "hey man, do you know where i can get some weed stamps?"

• Cook it!

• nosemonster
  • Old School
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:58 PM

does anyone know what the most leniant state for growing would be? (continental US)

ps:
after more careful reading i discovered that my state (nc) has a stamp tax law as well.

"Marijuana tax stamps: This state has a marijuana tax stamp law enacted. This law mandates that those who possess marijuana are legally required to purchase and affix state-issued stamps onto his or her contraband. Failure to do so may result in a fine and/or criminal sanction. For more information, see NORML's report Marijuana Tax Stamp Laws And Penalties ."

i found that very amusing. you are legally required to put a stamp on something illegal. where do you get these stamps from, the post office?

i can just see some red eyed stoner (like the crazy white guy from "halfbaked") going into the post office and going up to an employee and ask, "hey man, do you know where i can get some weed stamps?"

alaska is the only state that you can posses it. You can have less than 4 oz.
edit: i forgot colorado changed thiers recently

• Gmasta_Goose
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:02 AM

In the state of Colorado in the city of Denver one can have an ounce or less. However state law doesnt, so its not much good. But according to polls in the 2006 colorado election, there is a pretty high chance it will be legalized in the state. Bitchen.

• udyrfrykte
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:25 AM

the stamp idea makes it so the state can have HUGE penalties for any ammount, because obviously noone pays tax on anything illegal, so the state can hit them with tax evasion(sp?).

• Smatty Focker

• sysdownfall
  • Old School
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:53 AM

Yea, move to alaska dude. I think you can have up to 23 plants.

• PipPipPip
  • joes
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:35 AM

Marijuana posession/cultivation/trafficking is illegal under federal laws though, so state/local laws are irrelevant. The difference is, is that you'd be getting a felony instead. :\

• it's Mr. T in a sombrero

• NewCarSmell
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:08 AM

There relly aren't enough people in Alaska for anyone to actually give a shit. Rhode Island contains more people than Alaska. So I say fucking do it if you live there Most of it is hard to access anyways so you would hear them coming a long time before they got there. I personally would choose the Kodiak islands so when they do catch on to me all I would have to do is drive a boat a little ways and I would be in Russian waters out of the US's jurisdiction.

• At least i'm housebroken

• Lebowski
  • Gold Member
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:39 AM

Lol man, tax stamps are different from postal stamps, the little sticker on the bottom of a Cig box are the same type, they're just proof of having payed federal taxes on your merchandise. In the 1930's that Marijuana Tax law was passed making it illegal to posess grow or sell without a signed stamp from the treasury, but the treasury doesnt give out stamps. They only rarely give stamps to researchers and stuff.

• yo lets burn

• Shamrock0820
  • Old School
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 04:43 AM

If your smart about growing you have nothing to

worry about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved