Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

growing penalties

• Please log in to reply

weedzilla420

weedzilla420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,163 posts
hey gc,
i was wandering how much trouble a person would get in if they were found to have been growing like 3 plants or less.

according to norml.org for my state:
the penalty for cultivating b/w 1/2 ounce and 10 lbs is a felony, 1-6 year imprisonment, and a fine of $5000 or less. are they really going to do all that shit to someone who is growing for personal use less than 3 plants?
if so, america fucking sux ass. a country where it's legal to own an assault rifle, but a joint will get you thrown in the slammer quicker than you can say "fuck the police". how many people have ever died from someone who had a joint compared to people who have been killed by firearms.

Similar Topics: growing penalties     x

WL-Jeff

WL-Jeff

My Nissan > Your Car

• Old School
  • 1,171 posts
all depends on your state.. you answered your own thread

weedzilla420

weedzilla420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,163 posts
does anyone know what the most leniant state for growing would be? (continental US)

ps:
after more careful reading i discovered that my state (nc) has a stamp tax law as well.

"Marijuana tax stamps: This state has a marijuana tax stamp law enacted. This law mandates that those who possess marijuana are legally required to purchase and affix state-issued stamps onto his or her contraband. Failure to do so may result in a fine and/or criminal sanction. For more information, see NORML's report Marijuana Tax Stamp Laws And Penalties ."

i found that very amusing. you are legally required to put a stamp on something illegal. where do you get these stamps from, the post office?

i can just see some red eyed stoner (like the crazy white guy from "halfbaked") going into the post office and going up to an employee and ask, "hey man, do you know where i can get some weed stamps?"

nosemonster

nosemonster

Cook it!

• Old School
  • 2,280 posts

does anyone know what the most leniant state for growing would be? (continental US)

ps:
after more careful reading i discovered that my state (nc) has a stamp tax law as well.

"Marijuana tax stamps: This state has a marijuana tax stamp law enacted. This law mandates that those who possess marijuana are legally required to purchase and affix state-issued stamps onto his or her contraband. Failure to do so may result in a fine and/or criminal sanction. For more information, see NORML's report Marijuana Tax Stamp Laws And Penalties ."

i found that very amusing. you are legally required to put a stamp on something illegal. where do you get these stamps from, the post office?

i can just see some red eyed stoner (like the crazy white guy from "halfbaked") going into the post office and going up to an employee and ask, "hey man, do you know where i can get some weed stamps?"

alaska is the only state that you can posses it. You can have less than 4 oz.
edit: i forgot colorado changed thiers recently

Gmasta_Goose

Gmasta_Goose

• Registered Upgraded
  • 153 posts
In the state of Colorado in the city of Denver one can have an ounce or less. However state law doesnt, so its not much good. But according to polls in the 2006 colorado election, there is a pretty high chance it will be legalized in the state. Bitchen.

udyrfrykte

udyrfrykte

• Registered Upgraded
  • 441 posts
the stamp idea makes it so the state can have HUGE penalties for any ammount, because obviously noone pays tax on anything illegal, so the state can hit them with tax evasion(sp?).

sysdownfall

sysdownfall

Smatty Focker

• Old School
  • 1,304 posts
Yea, move to alaska dude. I think you can have up to 23 plants.

joes

joes

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Marijuana posession/cultivation/trafficking is illegal under federal laws though, so state/local laws are irrelevant. The difference is, is that you'd be getting a felony instead. :\

NewCarSmell

NewCarSmell

it's Mr. T in a sombrero

• Registered Upgraded
  • 328 posts
There relly aren't enough people in Alaska for anyone to actually give a shit. Rhode Island contains more people than Alaska. So I say fucking do it if you live there Most of it is hard to access anyways so you would hear them coming a long time before they got there. I personally would choose the Kodiak islands so when they do catch on to me all I would have to do is drive a boat a little ways and I would be in Russian waters out of the US's jurisdiction.

Lebowski

Lebowski

At least i'm housebroken

• Gold Member
  • 6,221 posts

Shamrock0820

Shamrock0820

yo lets burn

• Old School
  • 2,747 posts
If your smart about growing you have nothing to

worry about.