?'s

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Jackass13, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Ok I've been reading alot about growing and im planning to start about next month there are some things/words i dont get.... 1. what does veg mean? 2. are the male and female plant determined from the seed or how you treat and grow it? 3. for a watering thing i was thinking of something like this.... get a 5 gallon bottle of water and put little i mean litte holes in it so the water would pour out over time... i will do a experiment and see how long it will last.... will this work? Also whats the best kind of fertilizer? Should i buy some seeds online for 20 bucks or just start with bagseeds? ( i know this one guy that will sell me weed with seeds in it but i dont know if they are good) Well ill post more when i have another question thx guys.

2. To answer some of your questions:
    1. Veg is to Vegatate your plant, its the time period where u let it get like real tall/bushy and this is before flowering.
    2. the male and female, u cant tell from the beginging, unless u buy feminized seeds ( which i wouldnt for your first grow) and the males form seed sacks and the femalels eventaully start to grow pistils and start to flower and then the BUDS will come.
    3. What you should do is buy some of the reef with seeds in it for a little while, as long as its not total crap, (little personal ancedote for getting seedy weed, i had pretty dank seedy weed, when its seedy it doesnt nescsessary mean its BAD bud its jsut picked late and partially fertlized by the male. So just collect seeds if i were u i would try to get like 30. Germinate them in two diffrent sessions like a week or mebbe two apart and plant in diffrent locations. You wont have 30 little plants most likely so plan having mebbe 15-18 sprout and start to grow and then actually become sucessful plants then it drops down to like 7-10. ( this is general assumption all depends about climate, predation, seed quality etc..etc..)
    4. With ferts be CAREFUL!!! dont over fert your plants it will kill them quick if i were u dont use any for the sprouts wiat til it starts growin in some height and thne alternate with Ferts and a little water and then just all water.
    5. Here is an extra tip for pesticides, this sounds crazy and stupid, but i swear it works and made my plants bug free. Get these items and mix them together nad spread in like a foot radius AROUND the plant NOT, I repeat NOT ON IT. Rubbing alcohol, Red pepper, soap, if u have any extra cigarette buts layin around throw them in it, ( and then just throw them out just sora let the soak) , a little bit of bleach, and a house hold clean i.e. windex/all purpose cleaner. Now dont spray alot becuase these arent the best ingredients for the enviorment. NOw remeber if ur plants are in the ground dont spray to cloes so it seeps down into the root system so do like a 7 foot radius ( Like i said before) around your plants and if u want put little quarted fill cups around the plants but dont let them knock over.

And Remeber this is youir first grow, dont get to complicated dont worry that watering system just water it like once every three days (depending on climate, again). Once they start postin leave some pics.
    Well if u have any other questions look around the site its great.

3. Ok i got some seeds from my sis's bf and this is what i did i got a big tupperware and i put a single sheet of paper towel on the bottem and 2 on the top and because its cold in my brothers apartment and i wet the paper towels and its sunday so what im planing to do is get everything ready for tommorow where this what im going to do get just some plain soild and just fill a bottle 2/3 filled and then put some fertilized seeds if there are any.