Don't ever go to Chester, Pa

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dutchmaster87, Mar 17, 2011.

1. So I realized that I've never shared this chilling story about a pick-up gone bad..

Two years ago I had a dealer that used to get some of the nicest buds around the Philadelphia metropolitan area (at least to my knowledge). After countless perfect pick ups, one day he decided to burn me of $120 for a quarter. I gave him the money before he got the bud. He said he was picking it up somewhere and would be right back. I, of course trusted him enough to give him my hard earned cash (retarded).

Anyways a couple months later he called sounding all sincere and what not and said he has a good deal lined up to by about a pound of mids, but he needed a ride to get to the place. He said he felt bad about burning me before, so he said in return for driving him I would get a couple ounces free of charge. So I thought to myself for a second, told him I would call him right back.

I knew he didn't feel bad about taking my money but I figured he really did need my help and knew I had a car to get him there. Since he wasn't expecting me to bring money I was thinking, "what could go wrong, righttt?"

So I called my ex-dealer back and told him I was down to do so. I was living in the suburbs of Philly at the time and he said that it was in Media, a town about 20 minutes away. Not bad.

Were driving towards the place in my car and we get to the main town of Media and he tells me to keep driving south. I knew the further south you go in Delaware County, the worse the areas got, but those free ounces of bud made it too hard for me or anyone to back down.

Later on in the ride we start ripping bowl, he smoked me up I'm feeling all good, but he tells me we need to be careful with the kids were getting from "They are kinda shady, so I have this switchblade in the pocket my money is in, just in case" I believe this was the exact quote. So I'm still driving like who cares these are probably some Wiggers who think their all tough, and all these positive vibes are going through my head, like everything is gonna be ok. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that something would go wrong.

We end up on the outskirts of Chester, PA. Basically Chester is a post-industrial city that was once prosperous, but since the industry and workers have moved out, the city has plummeted down the drain.

We get to the gas station where I'm surrounded by people who clearly aren't the type I'm used to seeing. Poverty is what came to my head, and it made me feel somewhat uncomfortable. The two men were picking up approach my car. One is a fat white dude with more tattoos than Lil Wayne walking next to him is a skinny "thugged-out" black dude wearing baggy jeans below his crotch, and a nice wife beater. (not trying to be racist with either person)

Anyway I got a little anxious as they got in my car but I still didn't care, these ounces were controlling my mind I was only thinking good thoughts. My mind, "Man I'm gonna make so much money off these, and I can even make brownies when I get home, yipeee."

So were driving directly into the city of Chester and I don't really know where I'm going, the black guy was being all nice giving me directions. I get really confused going underneath this overpass and blew the red light.

I believe this is what he said after I went through, "MAN, WATCHU DOIN? I can't be getting pulled over with this!" **Proceeds to pull out a silver handgun

So I'm just like, "shit, sorry man." and proceeded to drive nonchalantly. For whatever reason I'm still not that worried, I must've been high.. oh yea I was.

So finally we pull up to this house, which looked like a legit crack house, I kid you not. A lot of ghetto people around (I must've looked like the whitest of whites in my Honda Accord). I'm like happy as shit, My mind "yesss were here finally, now I can get my weed *** INTERUPTION

"GIVE ME EVERYTHING YOU GOT OR ILL PUT BULLETS IN YOUR SKULL PUSSY"

I believe these are the words that came out of the black guys mouth, and I get the worst gut feeling ever.

I turn around and see that fat white guys arm around my ex-dealers neck and the black guy is pointing a gun at his face, He then points it at me and says "YOU TOO BITCH GIVE ME EVERYTHING YOU GOT" I gave him my wallet which had $60 in it.. oh well, he threw it at my face and says "THERES MORE, DONT MAKE ME TAKE YOUR WIP OR YOUR GIRL." yea forgot to mention my girlfriend was riding shotgun, thats why my dealer was in the back seat.

At this point I feel pisses dribble down my leg, involuntarily. I look at my girlfriend, she looks scared as shit about to cry. I'm worried for my life, for her, my dealer.. jk my dealer is the biggest dumb ass.

Anyway the hero with the switchblade in his pocket forgot to pull it out and gave the guy over $1000.

He gave me directions on how to get out of the place and I remember he said word for word, "If you come here again, Ill murder you."

Yea so basically that was the last time I ever went to Chester. For those of you that don't know Chester is so dangerous that the mayor declared a state of emergency after a week of 8 or so murders..

..As for my dealer, never heard from him again I think he moved to New York.

I know half of you won't believe this story, but I swear it is %100 real. Nothing wasn't being over dramatic.. just telling you everything I remember.

Plus I wouldn't waste my time writing a story that wasn't real, or didn't happen.

:smoke:

2. ^you didn't even have to mention the name of the city and I could have guessed it lol

I used to pick up on occasion in Chester during the time when the mayor started the emergency lockdown. Place is nothing to fuck with if you don't know people there, and even if you do you better role with at least 10 people if your walking and some protection. I go to school there and there have been a few armed robberies where students have houses off campus, which is considered the nicest part of the city.
    But yea Chester used to be the hub of delaware county but that all changed years subsequent to WWII

3. I agree man, I was a little melodramatic at the end saying I haven't been there since.. Honestly I was on my way to the airport and I drove through again to see its deal. Totally agree it's no place to fuck with, I got some harsh stares driving through.

It's nice seeing other people on the city that know about it. Crazy as hell college houses getting armed robberies. A few of my buddies go there too.. I gotta say south of 95 i believe is a different world, scary as fuck.

4. lol thanks for reading brother

5. Thats rediculous but literally just got back from a basketball game in chester haha

6. #7 Outis, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2011
    Reminds me of where I live. Most of Atlanta's "Suburbs" (inside the perimeter highway) are post-industrial shit holes. Decatur, East Point, Doraville, Chamblee, West End, Oakland City (THE WORST), Bankhead, Hapeville (most well-off of them all)...

Gentrification has been hitting Decatur, West End, and Chamblee in that order hard. Much less crime, but it's getting expensive to live in those 3 places. Hapeville is the only decent working-class area to live in...

7. Interesting to hear man.. I've definitely heard of Oakland City being bad. With North Philly as a possible exception, Chester is the worst area around philly, it's located about 20 minutes from center city, right on the delaware river waterfront. I think it's actually the oldest city in PA as well..

8. Haha damn dude, where in chester?

I know, crazy. Thanks for reading brother.

9. Do you live in PA!?!?!

I may or may not have missed this. lol.

10. I've never been up to Philly but I'll be sure to avoid Chester if I end up there, haha. It's crazy you guys have heard of Oakland City. I'd expect most people to have heard of East Point (Outkast), Decatur (Outkast), College Park (Ludacris), and Bankhead (T.I.).

11. I think it was referenced in a drug documentary I watched awhile ago. But yeah, unless you wanna go to a racino, or see a Philadelphia Union game, I wouldn't go there haha.

12. Haha, I used to. This was back in high school a couple years ago. I go to college in New York now. Do you live in PA?

13. Lettuce: that shit was pretty damn funny

OP, I know you didn't know where you were going but next time leave the girl at home. I don't know why you think it's hard to believe, shit like this happens all the time. It's just a by-product of the war on drugs. When weed is legal we won't have to deal with this kind of shit.

14. Sounds like you kept calm and alive. Good story.

15. Brother I hear you on this shit happening all the time.. I was just another victim of a bad society. First thing I regretted before anything was bringing my girl. I thought she was going to dump me as soon as I dropped the dealer off at his house. Turns out it was an "adventure" and "better than staying at her dad's house all night." Go figure. Won't repeat my mistakes though.

When weed is legal my lungs are gonna have an erection.

16. As long as she was cool with it...

Just glad you got out ok. I have been to sketchiest parts of the D to make pick ups but I never got stuck up but several of my friends have been. You handled it the right way, just be cool and give them what they want.

17. Absolutely, you know where they have the Little League World Series every year?

I live like 5 minutes from it.

Where were you at?

18. Exactly man, thanks.

I'm glad you actually have a logical input on it, because I've heard some people say like "Oh the gun probably wasn't loaded." or "You should've just driven off as fast as you could"

I don't fuck with guns.. especially in sketchy areas, period.