Has anybody ever used Rabbit Manure in their grows.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Farm Dawg, Mar 17, 2011.

1. I have some rabbit turds. I am trying to eventually go all organic in my grows. I've read that rabbit manure is the best manure feertilizer but i've never used it. I want to make a tea. I use 5 gallon buckets to mix my fertilizer solution. How much rabbit manure do I use in relation to brewing it in a 5 gallon bucket. Or if I was to use a 32 gallon trash barrel to mix it.

2. a man that I work for as a gardener recently lost his wife to breast cancer - thats beside the point, but the reason I bring it up is because his wife was an excellent gardener.

She turned his entire property into a flower oasis and another neighbor of mine who I garden for was really good friends with her. The soil at the man's house who lost his wife to breast cancer is some of the finest I have seen in any garden I've ever been in - its rich, black, nice and fluffy and if you step on it (not that youd want to step on such fine soil) your feet just sinks into it like a pillow, and it grows all kinds of plants that are very healthy (from veggies to flowers to fruit trees and herbs and asparagus).

She used rabbit shit as her fertilizer and soil amendment, and from what I heard (from a 25 yr gardener) - rabbit shit is the best you can use and if not, definitely one of the best, I can testify to this. The lady who's been gardening 25 years who isn't dead, doesnt have a garden half as nice as the lady who is now gone (and they both have mighty fine gardens - estate quality), and she adds all kinds of stuff to her garden.

hope this gives you some perspective

3. #3 TexRx, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
    I would add about 1 cup of rabbit manure along with 2 cups compost or earthworm castings to make tea in a 5 gal bucket

And just multiply by 6.5 to make it in a 32 gal trash can
    That would be 6.5 cups rabbit manure and 13 cups compost or wormcastings

:)

4. Thanks TexRx that is helpful,

5. That sounds like a great recipe. Thanks for the feedback.

6. I used rabbit manure in every stage of growth. I used it; fresh, dried, composted, I used cups of it when transplanting, with seedlings. Using with worms helps that's what I do. I found it in an article called, Rocket Fuel for Roses. Use it bubbled with your water and you'll notice it the next day. I did.. The tallest of these was 17 inches. The middle plant was Chocolate Chunk that I transplanted at 11 inches.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd444/homegrowin/SU1BRzAwNDMuanBn-10.jpg

7. i have seen 4-5 week old plants transplanted into 5 gal buckets of nothing but rabbit manure...and they loved it.

8. I've also kept even the smallest of seedlings in pure rabbit poop with no problem.

9. Of all the animal manures rabbit manure is the best on the planet. Especially true if the rabbits are kept in cages and fed pure alfalfa pellets.

Nothing else on terra firma can compete with rabbit manure. If all the urea were removed from other animal manures before they were composted or otherwise packaged and sold, these manures would not contain much, if any, plant nutrient value. And if the rabbit scat is light on urea then I agree that one can't use too much of it whether steeped as a tea/slurry or mixed straight into the soil mix.

Good compost and rabbit scat. It's the bees knees!