Any vegetarian blades?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Twee, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Hell yeah, vegetarian for the past 6 years, wouldn't have it any other way. I'm perfectly happy eating and smoking the plants mama nature gives to me without eating her creatures too.

2. Vegetarian for 13 years now, quasi-vegan for six months. Cheese is sooooooo goddamn hard to give up. I've been replacing it with almond cheese which is surprisingly tasty. Red meat was ridiculously hard for me to give up at first, so I assume the same will be with cheese. I couldn't imagine going back to eating meat though, even the smell of cooking red meat makes me nauseous now.

3. vegan mostly, but if the meats lying around i aint gonna waste it

4. I went vegetarian for a whole month one time. Wasn't bad and I did in part to help lose weight and just see what it was like but I just love meat.

Have been eating a whole lot less meat of late just because it's cheaper not to but when I go out and eat, I always get something with beef or seafood.

5. sorry for telling you .. but this products, most of it, OREOS for sure, has beef fat in it :s

i've been vegetarian for almost 3 years now :) luckily my gf is veggetarian also so i find it easy to be. and i became veg after sawing Earthling documental

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce4DJh-L7Ys]Earthlings - Full length documentary (multi-subtitles) - YouTube[/ame]

6. yep right here:smoke:
    antibiotics in meat/gmo corn fed/15 % digestible protein

7. Actually (not the original poster of the picture) all those items are vegan. Oreos used to have things like beef fat, but they haven't used it in a while. I still check my Oreos every time I buy a pack because I don't want to accidentally eat something that is no longer vegan.

Golden Oreo ingredients list

The only problem I could see with these is that they have sugar in them. Some sugar is processed with bone char. Some vegans accept it, others don't. Mainly because cutting out sugar is tough and knowing what companies use what kind of processing is difficult. Many of them don't know or won't say.

8. yes for most of my life

9. Any vegetarian blades using protein (or any other) supplements? If so I wouldn't mind hearing some details.

10. I am vegetarian but I eat local ethically raised meat when its available. (rarely):hello:

11. Nah, between breakfast (which usually consists of 3 eggs in different ways), lunch (probably something with peanut butter), and dinner (usually a form of pasta with veg. meat) I eat all the protein I need. I can't really work out because of leg injuries, so I only need around 70 grams of protein and my three meals, plus random snacks put me right around that number everyday.

I'd first calculate how much protein you need and spend a week or so seeing if your daily routine provides it for you. If you don't need the extra, don't bother. A good vegetarian multivitamin everyday should do you just fine.

DEVA makes a cheap multivitamin that is vegan/vegetarian so it helps with the areas you might lack in:
    VEGAN-VEGETARIAN MULTIVITAMIN & MINERAL, ONE DAILY

12. ^Great post chocobo, thanks for sharing the useful info. It's good that you've taken to the time to gauge whether a typical day is providing adequate amounts of protein. You've also provided a sensible structured approach to take with the calculations and trial period. One thing I am wary of is that some vegetarians/vegans, whilst having a 'healthy' (not to mention ethical) diet, might not be getting sufficient protein for peak performance and health.

I'm not positing that one needs to go to the extreme of getting 3+g of protein per kg of weight or anything, even if it can yield great gains in sports/training. However for me, mixing the following into the mix over the course of the day is a great way of saving on grocery expenses and helps to support my training/lifestyle as a vegetarian:

• 3/4 serving of hemp protein each day (basically a byproduct of cold pressing hemp seeds whilst manufacturing hemp seed oil and provides 12g of protein)

• 1/2 - 1 serving of garden of life's 'raw protein' (17g of protein sourced from vegetables, legumes etc)

I guess I would see better performance on full doses but I'm trying to live on minimal expenses at the moment so the protein supplementation is used to cut back and save money otherwise spent on luxury protein sources like yoghurt, milk, tofu etc.

Also, good call on the vitamin tablet. Fruits and veg go so far to keep one going, however I find that taking 1/4 daily dose of a vegetarian, plant/fruit based multi helps to fill in any micro nutrient (right term?) gaps in my nutritional intake.

13. BUMP..

8 days into officially being vegetarian. I haven't missed the meat at all. I really don't feel any different, but I had cut down for the last month to only eating meat a couple times a week. I picked up a multivitamin today just to make sure I am not missing anything.

14. Been vegetarian for 3 years now it started with my ex gf was vegetarian i got use to the way she ate and bam next thing i know im meat free haha i kinda wanna try to be vegan haha vital is ital :bongin:

15. I've almost cut out fish, I'm trying. It's been a year and a half since I stopped eating meat. Everytime I feel like having more fish than I should, or a bite of meat for that matter, I remind myself of why I stopped and the craving is over with just like that.

16. i've been vegetarian for two years, and i was vegan for three months of those two years. i do not eat fish or gelatin. and i love being vegetarian, the lowered fat, cholesterol and sodium intake is pretty cool. i started it to lose weight and because animal cruelty doesn't sit well with me. :)

17. been vegetarian since new years. ill eat fish every once in a while and i love my eggs i dont touch the dairy at all though. hopefully i can gain enough knowledge to go vegan but ill need a teacher first

18. Going vegetarian simply to protest the way animals are treated in fast food industries or the whatnot is absurd. Meat has been a part of the human diet ever since, well, ever.

Just buy your meat from a local butcher and don't starve your body of one of the most prominent food types we were evolved to eat.

Both not supporting the fast food industry and not missing out on the many delicious flavors of steak, chicken, turkey, bacon, etc.

19. [quote name='"DankKitty"']i've been vegetarian for two years, and i was vegan for three months of those two years. i do not eat fish or gelatin. and i love being vegetarian, the lowered fat, cholesterol and sodium intake is pretty cool. i started it to lose weight and because animal cruelty doesn't sit well with me. :)[/quote]

Were your three months of veganism hard? :wave:

20. not really, the hardest part was trying to find substitutes for foods I love that were vegan, and that a lot of substitutes taste weird. overall though I liked it, but I had to stop because I'm anemic and simply could not get enough iron. :)