Any vegetarian blades?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Twee, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Animal rights and welfare. :)
    But I'd like to make it clear that I do not support PETA.

2. I've been a vegetarian for about a year and smokes weed

3. Animal Rights, Health, World Hunger, the list goes on. I'm not saying you can't be healthy and a omnivore, but it'd be expensive and I still have problem with Animal Rights. I used to get sick all the time in the colder months, but now I'm way less sick, my skin is healthier and I feel better overall. I also was disgusted by some meat products when I was an omnivore.

People always hate on Vegs because they say we try to convert anyone, but I don't try at all (or even mention I am, it's usually only by necessity or someone else pointing it out). I find it's omnivores that try to convert Vegs the most :confused:

4. I became one because of animal rights almost solely. Over time I've learned how it benefits environmental factors, hunger problems, and how it can be very healthy if you do it right. I also didn't really like meat when I did eat it.

I also agree with whoever said they don't support PETA. I really don't like the way they go about "educating" people about being vegan or vegetarian. It's more like shock, guilt tripping, and really just nagging until people do it.

5. I haven't ate meat in 9 years. I went vegan 5 years ago. Basically i just look at it as personal evolution. If i don't have to kill an animal or do anything that puts it in a situation it wouldn't naturally have to deal with, why do it? Even since i've been vegan there has been huge steps in fake meats and cheeses i don't feel like i'm missing much. My girlfriend is a wonderful cook and we eat well everyday. One suggestion is a good vegan multivitamin. I've recently started taking a vitamin daily and it's really made a profound difference. It's full of B vitamins which is what you can end up lacking from not eating meat or dairy. 60 pills for 14 bucks isn't bad at all. Either way, stay healthy and keep thinking.

6. ^^^Nice first post!

7. im vagatarian

8. I enjoy being an omnivore, but I notice the great benefits of vegan and vegetarian diets. If i were to try them what recipe/dish would you all recommend to get hooked on eating green?

9. I would never be able to be a vegetarian, there's nothing like a nice juicy medium rare steak. Props for you guys being able to do it thought, i bet you are all way healthier than me :p

10. ^ just because I'm a vegetarian does not mean I'm healthy ahaha

I just eat quorn (meat substitutes), fries, toast and cereal. I live off junk :D
    I'm not the best of vegetarians.. at all.

11. When I first started, I was exactly the same way. I just ate cheese pizza, french fries, and boca/morningstar/quorn products. Now I've broaden out quite a bit. I'm finally getting into some more vegetable heavy dishes and realizing I really do enjoy them if they're prepared a certain way.

Also, isn't Quorn neat? I'm sure a lot of people will find it disgusting, but the mycoprotein that they use in their products is fungus. I think it's astounding how they mix it with eggs and some other assorted things and make it taste so damn good. Unfortunately, I live in a small town where they've jacked up the price considerably for their products. So I don't get to eat it as often. :(

12. hemp seeds provide 20g of protein per 100g serving aswell as every amino acid known to man

13. I'm sorta quasi-vegan, meaning I try to avoid all these products, but I'm not always perfect. Vegan food is mostly what I prepare for myself and what I prefer. I do sometimes eat fish though. I'm also gluten-intolerant, can't have sugar and refuse to eat all these toxic additives too many foods have so it's not always easy finding food I can actually eat when I'm out lol.

I don't have a craving meat anymore, I find that after living on a diet consisting of mostly veggies, fruit, nuts and legumes my body has detoxed itself and I no longer crave foods that are bad for me. Instead I crave food my body actually need. I feel healthy and full of energy and would never go back :)

14. I've been a vegetarian for 4 years & 3 months today. :wave:

After reading Fast Food Nation, I couldn't eat meat anymore.

I do crave meat sometimes but most of the time it disgusts me. I don't know if I'll always be a vegetarian but for the time being I am.

15. I could never be one meat is to damn good but have alot of respect for those who are

16. I haven't eaten meat in six years. I never liked the taste of it, anyway. And those videos of how livestock is treated make me ill. I have a lot of compassion for animals.

17. Is it just me or do a lot of bladies seem to be vegetarians? (at least proportional to the number male veggies on here)

Anyway, I've been vegetarian since birth. Had option to eat whatever I want in highschool, college/uni etc however it didn't feel right. Nowadays I am more informed about organic farming, how livestock is treated etc which only reinforces wanting to stay vegetarian. That an my spiritual model for reality wouldn't really allow it. I killed my first fly in years (consciously anyway) the other day and felt fkd up over it immediately after so I doubt I'll be eating meat anytime soon. I don't mind being around it and don't really have a problem with other's eating it aside from how inefficient it is as a means of providing sustenance in today's overpopulated (yet knowledgeable) society.

When I eat dairy, it's only organically sourced so I know the livestock hasn't been pumped with artificial hormones to the point it really hurts the cows to be producing upto 5 times the amount of milk they naturally would. Also, rather than indiscriminately using antibiotics, farmers use more natural remedies for ailments and utilize preventative medicine. Plus the feed used for the cows is all grown without pesticides, herbicides, GM etc.

Lastly, I think the small organic co-ops/foundations which I get my dairy from are less likely to make their livestock into 'cannibals' or meat eaters when they are naturally herbivores. Unfortunately I think some non-organic farms do the cannabalizing/carnivorizing feeding program for some livestock so they can maximise the amount of money they can make out of stripping parts of their bodies for sale as food.

18. I love my meat and fish. Theres nothing like geting stuck in with your fingers and tear flesh from bone

19. I can think of more worthwhile pleasures in life, but to each his own. I think you posted in the wrong thread, you want the "any meat eater blades?" thread. Unless you're trolling...

20. Vegetarian for about five years, vegan for the last year and a half. I think my main reason is environmental, but it's also for political, health, and ethical reasons. Going veggie was easy -- I never really liked meat, and it often made me sick. Going vegan is much harder, but since I like to cook, it's not bad. I make the most bomb-ass vegan cupcakes ever.

[​IMG]
    vegan munchiessss