Any vegetarian blades?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Twee, Mar 11, 2011.

1. I don't know if there's any veggies here.. but its worth a shot.

I've been a vegetarian for 5 years. I started off being a vegetarian for ethical reasons but now, I have become a bit more apathetic. The idea of meat kind of feels wrong now coz I haven't done it for so long.

Being a stoner and vegetarian is only tricky when the munchies come about haha. I'll find myself craving a big greasy bucket of chicken from KFC when I have the munchies. There have been a few close calls, but I haven't caved yet..

So yeah.. any veggie blades out there? How do you lot survive haha?

One love x

:smoke:

2. Right here :)

been one for 2 years i think... I went veggie because Davey Havok (lead singer for AFI) posted a video of how the animals are treated and killed... i just couldnt. ew. yep :)

3. I think I saw that video? It wasn't bad :)

Well.. compared to PETA and their banned ads

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siWWlgDbAgs[/ame]

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3xKQe9sATk]YouTube - AFI - Miss Murder (Davey Havok says Meat = Murder)[/ame]

not bad my ass. watch the whole thing

5. No, no like its a good video that conveys true animal suffering. I was saying it was good. Especially compared to that sexist crap PETA puts out..

6. Been a vegetarian for about a year now. I dont miss eating meat and dont ever plan on going back. never had a single craving so far :smoke:

7. I'm a veggie and i couldn't live any other way. Been one for about 12 years and I never crave meat. I cook it every night for my other half though, he loves to eat stuff's flesh.

The only thing that ever pisses me off about it is having to justify myself to meat eaters who seem really offended by my choice. :confused: More meat for them, surely?! :confused_2:

8. Naw.

chicken tastes way too good. :smoke:

9. I miss chicken :(

At least I have quorn (meat substitute) that tastes somewhat like chicken

10. I've been a vegetarian for.. about four years. It's not hard being a stoner and a vegetarian, you can still have some good munchie food. Being vegetarian is just second nature now. I have to say, a big pet peeve is people trying to convert me or that are constantly "how do you do it? I couldn't do it, I loooove meat" every time the topic comes up. I respect omnivores and don't try to convert anyone, I just ask they do the same :smoke:

11. Been a vegetarian for seven years and love it. I never liked meat when I wasn't a vegetarian and would get sick fairly regularly. Once I made the switch I started feeling much better. I became one because I genuinely care for animals and I thought it would be healthier. Since then, I've grown even more passionate about animal activism. I don't really care that people eat meat, and I for sure won't preach at anyone, but if someone is interested, I wouldn't mind trying to change their mind.

I also agree with the people who said it's not hard being a vegetarian and a toker. I keep tons of vegetarian friendly snacks and foods around.

12. I am most def not a vegetarian. I do feel sympathetic towards the assembly line farm animals. I haven't eaten beef in over 4 years. I occaisionally buy chicken and pork from the store. All my red meat is either moose or deer, that either I or an other family member harvested. The animals at least got a chance to be free before becoming food (Just the natural circle of life). I also know that the animals were killed ethically and treated with respect. Plus for the eco-warrior, natural venison has a zero carbon footprint.

13. I've been a vegetarian for over 11 years, and vegan for about 8 months of my senior year in highschool.

I think I'm going to eat some meat whenever we manage to get to the co-op. I read up about the primal diet and it says that grains/carbohydrates are what is causing so much heart disease and obesity. I have eaten a lot of carbs my whole life and my heart is far from normal (at least so it seems), I'm going to give meat a try. It says that 3/4 of your plate should be veggies, fruits and nuts and the other 1/4th should be lean meat. I intend to know the source and as much info as I can about the meat I buy, I know sooooooo much about the meat industry that I'm appalled I'm going to eat it.
    But we'll see how it goes.
    I would like some of my strength back.

14. Why would you lose strength? Eat more protein man!!

Also luckily you live in Minnesota. Lots of farms means you'll be able to find free range product (definitely the best meat you can get while maintaining a stance against the factory farm/meat industry). If you live in Minneapolis (right around) you can always hit up the Wedge. I know they have some free range meat. Just talk to some of the employees there. I'm sure they'll help you out.

15. I am unfortunately not a veg right now, but I am planning on making the change soon. I recently found out about the raw food diet and was fascinated by it. It sounds like it's the healthiest way to go. I have always preferred healthy food, and think meat is overrated. I just want to be fully prepared so I am not protein or calorie deficient.

16. Good way to go. Many people jump in half assed and end up lacking in nutrients. I had a friend who became nearly anemic because he lacked iron and other essential nutrients. He didn't correct his habits though, he just went back to meat claiming it would be the only thing to fix it.

17. I've been a vegetarian for 5 or 6 years.
    edit: Actually, it's been 8 or 9 years. Holy crap, didn't even realize! Guess I got to used to saying '5 or 6 years.' :p Became one when I was 12 or 13.

18. My sig isn't just a funny way to say I love marijuana. I really am a vegetarian too. Ovo-lacto for about 6 years. As far as how to survive, well its hard to say because there's no cravings here. If you come close to caving just try to think of the fleshy-texture in a negative light.

19. what made all of you become vegetarians? (of those who are)