150w HPS light??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CSWaterfield, Mar 10, 2011.

1. i have a 2x2x5 grow tent. i was just wandering if my 150w hps light would be enough to grow my plants in the space givin?

2. The more light the better but you can definitely grow plants in there with 150watt hps. I'd stick with fewer plants, maybe just one..a couple might be perfect. Get the light as close to the canopy as temperatures/air circulation will allow. :smoke::smoke:

3. I use a 150 w along with over 140 w of cfl's for lower lighting for all the lower bud sites, and it works great! I would only do like 2 though, well 2 full sized plants. If you want more then I would move up to like a 250 or 400. But mine is in a 2x3x5' tent and I couldn't be happier.

4. 150 would do ok. Just depends on what you expect to yield. A 150 would likely yield you 2-3 zips. If you are happy with that. Stick with it. If not move up to a 250. 400 would be awesome but it would need to be air cooled and it would be hard to do that with such limited space for a reflector + ducting to fit into.

5. Thanks. also the tent came with 4 differnt exaust ports for ventalation. but i was told by the store i bought it from that that 150 wont put enough heat out for a need to spend money on all that good stuff but i dont want my crop to die. yall are the experts. true or false?

6. You need to ventilate regardless of heat. You need fresh air entering the tent so that the plants have access to fresh CO2.

As far as heat. Measure the heat in the tent with a thermometer. You should be doing that regardless. Then you will know for sure what you need to do.

7. It depends on the temps where you live. It runs about 10 deg. hotter on mine, and that's with a 131 cfm exhaust.

But like the guy above me you need good ventilation for fresh air.