No more glass being sold on etsy?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by smilyagent, Mar 9, 2011.

1. I hope so, I don't know what I'd do if they didn't :(

What da fuck ETSY...god damn assholes.

2. I just found out about this site because of this post....and now they aren't going to be selling glass anymore ?!?!?!

3. All that this really shows is that Etsy is ran by conservative interests who aren't friendly to the 420 community. I absolutely assent to a boycott.

4. yea this is a bummer checked out alot of the descriptions of sellers to see there course of action after the 15 some are closeing for good i think. But ssfg says to look for there new web site on the 15 which makes me really happy cause ray does pretty good work in my book

5. artfire.com will be the new etsy for glass blowers.

6. nope. it says you cant sell anything with carbs or sliders, that rules out water pipes.

7. #107 sinsemillaplease, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
    Boromarket. Ioffer too... but Ioffer is a great place to get scammed and the site setup sucks.

This whole thing is really funny. They must not have numbers on how much of their business is in paraphernalia sales or they probably wouldn't have made this decision. Whatever... it's their loss and someone else's gain.

8. Ioffer is filled will great sellers you just have to have common sence, dont buy a 120$ toro from someone who made the account yesterday lol.

9. I dunno why the mods aren't letting me post this but here I am trying again. I say boycott until Etsy realizes that they USED these artists to gain popularity. and are now turning on their community. and EVERYONE should be pissed. I'M AS MAD AS HELL =]

Petition: Bring Glass Back To Etsy! | Change.org

share / sign if you like (plz) =]

10. Def is a restriction against artistic license. I got a letter today from etsy after signing that basically said they aren't gonna change their stance.

I don't get how it doesn't meet their standards? :confused: Is glass work not a trade that is a form of art?

I don't get it... last I checked owning glass is not illegal. Using it for illegal things however is differant, but who are they to police what we are or aren't using it for?

It'd be like putting a restrictions on lighters because somebody *might* use it to smoke weed. It just doesn't make sense to me.

11. Wow... I will be ordering a bubbler today. Unbelievable, etsy was a nice place to browse and shop. On the cheap I might add.

12. I just really like the wick, purple dank. its a good product and I'm trying to share it. I dont know what else to talk about! I'll start a provocative thread.
    :smoke:

13. Nah blud, it's blatant advertising with no real attempt at hiding it. Good luck though, if your product is good, I won't knock it, just you.

14. I personally prefer beeline, but there's nothing wrong with any beeswax dipped hemp wick.

The problem lies specifically with overzealous employees acting like shills. I understand wanting your business to succeed, but don't take us for fools, or mislead us, especially if you expect us to be your customers.

15. For those that aren't already "in the know", check it out:

The Glass Kiln