No more glass being sold on etsy?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by smilyagent, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Etsy is unnecessary. Personally, I always found it a little difficult to browse. All the blowers worth buying from are well known enough amongst glass enthusiasts so that they can continue their business ventures elsewhere on the web and continue to have enough of a following for their businesses to thrive. The only people that this will hurt are those who are just starting out, aspiring glass blowers who need a place to showcase their art, but get enough traffic so that their name gets out there. All etsy is hurting by doing this are these aspiring craftsmen, the very people that the site was originally designed to benefit. They're screwing their own target audience. In the long run, it will hurt them more than anyone else. A new, similar, but better website will open eventually, and glass blowers will once again be able to sell their work. Etsy just won't be getting a cut. And if they're going to act like this, its for the better that they won't be seeing any profits off it.

2. Noooooooo. I haven't gotten to buy anything off of there yet.

3. I asked several pipe sellers water and color changing and they all said they would have no problem shipping to PA

4. i am enforcing shenanigans

5. no bull bro ^^^^ my glass teacher got the email:(

6. Fuck. While Boromarket seems nice, I bet it is geared towards high end glass, whereas there was a lot of good, cheap glass on Etsy. Hopefully we'll see people getting creative and working around this.

7. look like everyone will have to sell somewhere thats not etsy!
    good luck with that guys

8. ^oh and they should all open up a facebook account like GMD and sell their shit off there and have everyone pay with paypal or google checkout! solves the site and server problem :hello:

9. #49 JuicyGoose, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011

I have had things shipped to me.

I really don't understand what you mean. We have headshops and if it's illegal to have it shipped then idk how i got it.

Let me clarify, also, i ordered from a company based in New York, not outside of the US.

10. ARE YOU JOKING!?

I was planning on buying a bubbler tomorrow...ugghhhh

11. Well, the email did say that it goes into effect on the 15th, and tomorrow is definitely not the 15th yet.

12. This is quite possibly the worst news regarding glass I've ever heard. My LHS sucks, and I've only ever got stuff off ALT or Etsy.

13. did no1 read this!?! all the etsy sellers need to make a facebook....DUH!!!!!

14. To some that could be a bad idea though.. Because lots of people only have personal accounts setup and have like family members and other people they dont want seeing anything involving glass smoking pipes lol.. Ioffer or making their own personal website is what they should do..

15. artfire.com

16. hell ya looks just like etsy..

17. #57 ty14, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
    Dude hell yea... Looks like a good alternative for the etsy sellers

18. This decision makes absolutely no sense at all.

19. When I saw this I couldn't handle myself. This is simply ridiculous.

Petition: Bring Glass Back To Etsy! | Change.org

Please sign. There is no reason to stomp on a legitimate, creative, prosperous trade. A very pushover move on Etsy's part.

Tell people.

Thanks for letting me know.

20. Really messed up. Illegitimate move.