New era hats, sticker on or off?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by TheoryisHIGH, Mar 7, 2011.

1. ALL hats should be broken in. You look like a jackass with a flat brim. Especially the people with a hat thats at least 2 sizes too big for their head and the brim flat out with stickers and sometimes even the actual cardboard tags still dangling off it. How can you look in the mirror and not realize you look like a tool walking around like that?

2. [​IMG]
    This is mine, except the DC logo is white.

Leaving the sticker on makes it look fresh, although I'm not into the whole 'fresh swag' shit scene, it does make it look cleaner, and more official.

Besides, I've had mine on for so long if I were to take it off there would be a an oval that's darker than the wrest of that hat, and that would look dumber than just keeping the sticker on.

3. More official?:confused:

Please take the sticker off your hat.

4. those hats were made with flat brims so people would wear them with flat brims. all the rest of the shit you mentioned are suppost to be taken off, but the brims are ment to stay that way, and have been ment to stay that way since the 50s.

when you buy pants, you take off the stickers, and the price tags, and what ever other extra garbage came dangling on them, but you dont cut them into shorts right away, because if you needed shorts you would have bought shorts. same goes for new eras they make hats with bent bent brims for a reason, you want a hat with a bent brim? buy one.

personally i think people look funny with the brims bent and outlineing there face. what you gunna do? to each his own.

5. I say take the damn stickers off.

6. I think the answer is simple, do what fits your style. I think anyone who is insulting people who have a style different than their own realize what a "tool" they look like in doing so. It is a sticker that came with the damn hat, the style has been around a long time and this is the only garment of clothing known to man that people leave the sticker on..

A

7. and ruin a $34 hat? no thanks. if you don't like flat bills then why buy 59/50s?

as for stickers, i always take them off as soon as i buy the hat. i personally think it looks dumb with the sticker left on besides the stickers usually end up losing their adheasive and falling off leaving a big ugly off-colored circle on the bill of the hat.

8. hell mang, maybe he likes buying the wrong thing, you should see his pick-up truck!
    [​IMG]

9. I think the tag is what kept Minnie looking so fresh all those years.

Attached Files:

10. Sticker = OFF on every hat I own. If you want to rock the sticker go ahead but it's not for me lol.

11. :hello: She can pull it off though minnie got that hee haw swag

12. Dunno why but it's a bit weird for me when someone takes an accessory and wears it everyday. (e.g. always with that fucking hat)

13. #34 OhMyKush, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
    Yeah, I never got why people leave the sticker on either.

This is how I am guessing it started:
    1. Some dude buys a hat and forgets to take off the sticker
    2. Someone asks him why he left the sticker on
    3. He says cause its "fresh", b/c saying he forgot would make him sound stupid.
    4. People overhear this conversation.
    5. Trend spreads.

14. thats what im sayin. J.E.T.S. Fool.

anyway, it depends on the color of the hat for me. if i think it looks good with the sticker on ill leave it on

15. minus sticker. I have a cleaning kit for my caps to keep them fresh.

16. i just remembered a story :p

i was with my friend when he bought his first new era. i bought one too, as soon as it was min, i took the stckers off and he said "i thought you were suppost to leave them on??" so i laughed and said "dude, it just looks like you forgot to take it off".

any way, that night his mom took the sticker off because she though he forgot to take them off ahahah

17. I took the sticker off last night (While high of course).

And now I feel naked when I wear my hat. I wadded the sticker up, out of retardness and flicked it and hit one of my friends in the forehead. (Making him drop his Cig in his newly bought drink). Those new era stickers are pretty heavy:) (P.S. I flicked that shit hard too..):D

18. Congratulations! You're on the road to recovery. Just take it one day at a time...