Smoke Buddy, is it Worth it?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by TrueNirvana, Mar 7, 2011.

1. you participated for a prize you didnt give a fuck for? that sucks for the ppl who really wanted and needed it! shame shame:mad:
    hehe

2. #42 TrueNirvana, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Like me.... I never guess right :(

3. I got a smoke buddy and I just had nose surgery so I can't smell haha but no smoke come out and I'd bet it's oderless. I blow out the window anyways haha :)

4. It works REALLY well if you're using it with the right shit. If you're passing around a blizzey it's still going to reek of bud. If you're taking snap hits out of a bong then it's almost completely odorless. Can still smell it a little bit in the room you smoked. This is with the windows shut though.

Smoke buddy + windows open + right equipment = win

5. My gf says she can still smell sometimes when I smoke. Anyone have any recommendations besides pretty much washing your face/brushing your teeth/washing your hands after you smoke?

6. Store your weed properly. Dont go touching things after handling your pipes and bongs because they could have residue even on the outside surface from contact.

Or if when you smoke there is smoke coming from the bowl, which doesnt get inhaled and exhaled through the Buddy, that smoke smells the most.

or stop smoking and get a vaporizer, see fuckcombustion.com for discussions, reviews, etc that you wont find anywhere else on the web

7. The first one I ordered lasted me maybe 2 months. One to two bowls a day. After I finished using it I took a hammer to it to see how it worked. I noticed the filter part of it was really really moist. I guess it soaks up the moisture in your breathe and i coughed into it a couple times while exhaling. So the next one I bought last 5 months. After every session I wouldnt put the mouth piece cap back on but leave it open so it dried out. It seemed to work and I got a lot more use out of it.

8. i always used to smoke in my dorm and i never got in trouble, i think it depends where you go to school, my freshmen year the RA would come in and turn off the smoke detector if i set it off........but either way sploofs are lame, weed was meant to be smelled for how is it

9. except in Denver, Colorado. I Got caught smoking a joint in my room. I was drunk, I couldn't help it. My buddy answered the door and uh oh, it's my RA looking into my room full of beer bottles everywhere. My RA said, "It smells like pot, so I'm just going to write you up for smoking like I do for everyone in the hallway everyday." Luckily he didn't realize I was under 21 because he didn't know how to read my fancy ID. :hello:

10. #50 Speedymotor, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah chubbs is a cool guy. Ive watche all his videos

11. Depending on how sensitive your fire alarms are, you may or may not need to be stealthy. Still, I would take precautions when smoking in the dorms. This includes stuffing the bottom crack of your door with a towel, covering the fire alarm in your room with a wet towel, covering the vents in the room with dryer sheets (the vents in my dorm lead to neighboring dorm rooms), or using a MFLB. In my experience, using the MFLB caused the room to reek of weed, but it didn't spread into the hall or other rooms, but if someone comes into your dorm while you're using the MFLB, they will be able to smell it. Using a one-hitter next to an open window was way more efficient in preventing reekage compared to using my MFLB.

Anyhow, using the Smoke Buddy seems to prevent weed reekage, so coupled with some of the tips above, I'm pretty sure you can prevent yourself from getting screwed over pretty easily.

12. So Bascially...

MFLB + SmokeBuddy = Stealthy College Stoner!

Only like $120 and I'll probably buy like 3 SmokeBuddys

13. Ha.. I remember doing this freshman year. Don't forget to cover the bong, and don't cherry... Two things that almost killed us when smoking. We would do it in a group of four at times since most of us were all close. Towell, febreeze, opened two windows (most in a room), and had fans. We kept two since each kid normally had one and 2 became easy, quick, and effective. Except we made our filters with toilet paper tubes/water bottles and dryer sheets. Smaller size for smaller session.
    Note: It's not as worth to smoke in the dorms and increase paranoia, then take some time and find a more safe area. Ultimately, another person's house.

14. Just saw this grabed an old gas mask with removable filter and it works just the same as this u can get a rplacment filter at the Army Surplus for like $5... How much is this thing???

15. If you have a small bong all you have to do is burn up all the weed so you inhale all the smoke and then blow through the smoke buddy. Should be your best bet but I would always cover the door cracks.

16. Hahahaha good idea, but be sure that you will use your investment in the long-run also. I bought a MFLB last year for stealthy smoking in my dorm, but now I don't even touch it because using a bong/pipe is way more efficient at getting me high (not weed conservation). Plus, now that I'm renting a house, I don't need to be stealthy anymore so I basically used $99 for only a years worth of stealthy smoking.

17. sorry to rebump this thread up but ive had a couple smoke buddies.. seems after they get clogged up and hard to breathe through.. you just let em air for a while and they work again for like 2 weeks then air out again and repeat.. havnt tried airing out longer but im gonna buy a new one and just keep this old one and see what happens.

this plus vape(I personally use a volcano) and no smell!

this plus bong and you only do snap hits so no smoke comes off the bowl after you hit it.. =pure stealth as long as noone fucks up

and just incase... ozium

but Ive been using these over over a year, daily/all day bong smoker, almost daily sessions with friends also using it and this is the end of my 3rd one and ive been pushing it a bit longer then it usually would last but still.. search around enough and find em for 17-20shipped.. if you need to be stealth, not smell up the house, and need to smoke.. these are for you!

18. i think it's a good product in general, the carbon filter is excellent and it's good for 200 hits. as for the dorms, i might not suggest it cause you still might get a bit of smoke leakage and the combustion with the lighter directly touching your stuff will make it smell anyways, if you're gonna be living in a dorm, i suggest you buy a vaporizer, maybe a mflb, portable and small with no smell or smoke

19. might grab one of these, fall is coming and i'm going to want to relax on my balcony at my apt soon..

20. Smoke buddy works great, but the only problem is letting the smoke escape the bowl after lighting. If you don't cover the bowl right away after lighting then it's always going to have a smoke leak and smell, even with the use of smokebuddy or whatever war gas mask you can find. And screw a sploof, that shit don't work. Sure, it was fun to do when your 16 and were new to it all, but all it does is temporarily masks the cannabis smell for a lil while, then minutes later when the fabric softener smell fades the smoke smell remains. Thumbs up for smokebuddy :) but thought the price was kinda high :( but i guess you do get a cool posable keychain that also has an led light happy face.