Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Easy, Quick, Effective weed tea

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by weednbeer, Mar 7, 2011.

1. I tried this tonight but multiplied the recipe 4x. I have leftovers for tomorrow and used ground up grandaddy purp.  I highly recommend this for accomplished and novice weed users, this particularly goes GREAT with a bowl. 

2. Butter in the tea is not nadry if you do it right. I add milk and some ginger syrup to mine - as long as the water is hot emough the butter will blend in- the tea bag will also absorb a lottle - but butter is needed for the fat to absorb the THC. Delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Pretty old thread, but I heard about weed tea and wanted to try it out. I collect stems already, because they don't smoke good doesn't mean they aren't useful.

I took 6g of stems.. crushed it up a bunch between my fingers.
    added the 6g crushed stem to coffee filter.
    topped stems with tbsp of butter.
    I boiled watered in a teapot, reduced to the lowest it could go (just steam coming out of the top), then added the coffee filter homemade tea bag. I let the stem tea bag steep in the steaming water for 10 min, stirring occassionally. After 10 min I added 2 tea bags of hibiscus and let steep another 5 minutes.
    Done.
    very good effect. More than just relaxation.

4. Can i use a tea bag emtpy it out and fill it with buds shake whatever and haethe same effect???

5. Yes ground bud/shake works even better. Be sure to add the butter.

6. UPDATE:

I guess I didn't do this right the first time because I've tried it 2 times this weekend & both times it was like I ate an edible. The only difference is instead of microwaving it I mixed the butter & weed in a bowl (coated it), put them both in a tea bag, put that in a tea ball & simmered it in 2 cups of water on the stove for 45 minutes.

*PERFECT*

7. zamnnnnn this post is from 2011 and in 2015 I find it ? anyhoeeeeee this tea recipe is bomb af ! IF u can follow directions and have common sense YOU WILL GET MEDICATED ! Mind you its only .5 of a gram and literally took me under 3 minutes to make ! I will add however my buds were decarbed prior to me making the tea, due to being previously vaped (hehe i get a thrill out of same bud 2x uses !) Im still having a hard time understanding how stoned I am lmaooooo defintely put this recipe in my collection !

8. #88 Dion.1k, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
    don't you have to decarb the weed to get All the full effect ?

9. check out my post on fire crackers

10. I did this exact thing tonight with some bubblicious i had curing except that i ran it through the coffee filter portion of my coffe maker with some decaf coffee in there and fixed it how i like my coffee after boiling the butter weed water on the stove.

My observations: first i also thought butter sounded nasty BUT im aware people do drink it that way. (My cousin does, he claims its good for you) and i realize the need for fat should outweigh any reservations i had. Secondly it tasted pretty good but keep in mind i also had coffee cream and sugar in there. It DID have an aftertaste but not too bad. Lastly, ok i dont remember what i was going to put here. I'm starting to feel it now.

11. This is going to be like any edible prep, the longer you can steep it for the more that will extract, to some point. So 30-60 seconds is likely to be less of a high than cooking it for 30-60minutes. Let that ganja steep with the water/butter (or milk) as long as you want. I'd go no less than 30 minutes.

If you didn't wait 2 hours and report it not working, you likely didn't wait long enough. Edibles (teas included) take longer to get into your system and this can vary by person and even with the same person can vary drastically depending on many factors.

you can drink it cold if you want, but you do need to heat it up to extract the stuff that can make you high. Once you've done that, you can drink it cold, freeze it adn use it as ice cube or whatever you dream up.

I've never tried it with stems, love that option and will start doing that on the reg!

I simmer my water/butter for 30 - 40 min, then add tea as the pot of water/butter/ganja cools. Strain and drink. Yum Yum Yum!
    For those who asked, yes it will stink (unless you have crap weed).

12. i will give this a go in the next couple days

I will mix the stems with coconut oil. Put it in a jar, mash them. then set it in my heat vent for a couple days to a week.

13. ya I tried it out. and I gotta say it works.
    -
    didn't invest a whole lot of time. just added coconut oil to the stems let sit on the heat register for a couple days. then put the stem/oil into cup with coco powder + hot water stir. gave me a nice feeling like a step or two below a buzz plus a good fit of laughter.
    -
    I will try it again that's for sure