Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Easy, Quick, Effective weed tea

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by weednbeer, Mar 7, 2011.

1. #41 fayfdawbz, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
    Regarding my last post, I'm not sure if this is much different than the original recipe...gah. I dunno.

2. Just made some hot chocolate using the same idea,

1.covered the bottom layer of cup with stems/
    2. add 1 spoon of margrine
    3put cup in plastic baggie
    4.microwave for 15 seconds
    5.boil water(on the side)
    6.add another spoon of margrine and microwave for 15 more seconds
    7 (take cup out of bag) and add water
    8 add coco power
    9 stir until disolved( use as need for taste)
    10. get blown

3. I could totally do this with Chai. Instead of butter i'd use heavy cream, though.

4. Dont waste your weed, this wont work

5. #45 Khalram, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
    I just did it with some chamomile and for my surprise it tasted really good! :)
    I'm really happy with this recipe.
    I shall now wait and see if it gets me high.
    Thanks, OP!

EDIT: Oh boy, I tought it was 5 grams instead of .5 so I used 3. Guess I won't be useful today...

6. NO matter how you make it.. if you get THC orally, you will need at best to take three times as much as used for smoking in order to achieve the very same high. You'll get high but if you can smoke it then just do that and make yourself some regular tasty tea. Or if you still want to try the tea then use your stems instead but do not waste your bud necessarily

7. This is entirely untrue. I smoke 2-3.5 grams every day. When I make my edibles I put 1-1.5g per 'serving' and i get higher than i ever would off 3.5g flowers. Edibles work great if done properly. And could actually SAVE you bud. Thats an entirely different discussion.

Will try this weed tea with 1g tonight and see what happens ;)

8. It doesnt work, make a legit recipe not using the microwave. Trust me dont waste a g.

9. I've had pretty great experiences making tea with weed, but all I do is use milk as the fat for the THC. I can't imagine drinking butter... that sounds pretty gnarly. When I make tea, all I do is boil the weed/stems/whatever and then add some sugar and milk (or condensed milk, which is pretty popular in Jamaica) and it always worked for me.

10. I don't see why you're insisting this doesn't work, when other people in the thread are saying they've tried it and it does work.

--

I intend to try this, will let you know how it goes guys :)

11. How would one go about chilling this to drink some hours later?

12. As someone who doesn't drink hot beverages - the way I've done chilled tea is essentially the same as drinking it hot, just that I wait 30 mins or so before drinking it.

My first time drinking tea was with a farmer who lives on my hill in Jamaica and he used to steep his weed in hot milk, strain it and then use the milk to make his tea. I either do it that way or boil the weed in water and leave it on the counter to cool for a while, add the milk I want and then toss in some ice cubes.

I have to say, ganja tea isn't my favourite way to eat (drink) bud cause I think it tastes a little vegetative in my opinion, but both methods have worked for me.

13. I've just made some budder using Hashmouf's method - and I plan on adding a spoonfull of this to tea in order to get the "weed tea" effect. Should be the same as this, but with less screwing around and more efficient use of the weed, I assume.

Will report back and let everyone know how it goes :)

14. I just can't imagine drinking butter =S

15. Hey everyone I just made an account here finally and ill start by addressing this and would like to just tell everyone I just made this tea exactly as mama said in the instructions and it worked pretty good. I don't know where people get off saying it doesn't. I used a little more then a Tbs of chopped stems, covered them in margarine and some coffee cream...put it into the microwave for 15 seconds. Added some boiling water and a Red Rose tea with some sugar and let it sit for a few then drained the stems and well, I can honestly say i'm high now. Its not the same but  Pretty cool when you run out and all you have is stems (You know you've been there, and if you haven't, you will) but its legit. I just wish i hadnt thrown out all those stems over the years, god that sucks lol good luck 

16. tried with stems, such a good buzz + after you melt the butter and the stems its smells amazing :yummy:

17. I want to try this >_< hot coco sounds so good this time of year.Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Trying this now with some fresh. May not work great with fresh wet bud but its all I got so why not try it. If this does work I am going to be very pleased and have a new stealth mode that will be used regularly. Will report back.

Made it very fast. Although I must admit that after the butter micro part, I use a a keurig. Just used a strainer from the baking drawer and drinking now.

Need to find something to do with this immature harvest that was forced with the last 20 days being cut do to a retarded roommate that now has a girlfriend that has her own patients and he needed another room so I got cut out and have to move it so......quests the tea is working a bit as I'm rambling.......lol

19. where do comments like this even come from. It's not like you have to drink a cup of melted butter.

It's like putting a little honey in your tea. Not big thing AT ALL. Try it.

Hmm. Honey infused with.....

20. This worked great I boiled water added weed tea bag and let it steep for 15 minutes.
    I didnt feel it until an hour and a half later but its pretty good. :)