Recommend Me Some Scrog LED's

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by O0B9E9E1T, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Wow that's some pretty expensive gear, for the size of my box I would say the UFO was designed for it, which is an extremely small space.

2. The UFOs scare me reliability wise, ive heard nothing but bad things about the ones on ebay. Good luck though!

3. Me too, that's why I stuck with an Amazon seller out of a place near by with good reviews. Promised a 1 year waranty, and I am leaving my normal bulb sockets in tact as a back up for my UFO's downtime during repairs.

4. ledwholesalers is an e-bay seller as well.

5. Doh'

I know they are located in CA and not China or Japan

6. Got the quad-band UFO hooked up, I must say it is extremely blindingly bright (makes all other light in the house look blue after you look at it) and the plants seem to love it, after over-watering problems it took 20 min under this thing for them to perk up compared to 120W of CFL lighting:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. These stupid LED UFOs suck! They run way too hot for the amount of space they efficiently cover, dehydrated the fuck out of my plants. Since they are in stress the redish color made one start to flower even under 18/6 which confirms my theory that it is compared to vegging under a 2700k bulb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I went back to my two 60w CFLs and I am running 8-10F cooler, took 6 hours under the CFLs to star perking back up after days in a stagnant curled state with the UFO. Since that one plant started to bud like that on all it's nodes, and isint too far into it's cycle I'm trying to bring it back into the veg cycle under the CFLs. I marked it female, maybe it's a super female "big budder" since it popped like this under the circumstances. The rest I may have made hermies...

8. How Scroggy are we talkin. I have 10 Assorted Led Lamps on 2 flowering Plants over 750 watts total.
    2 200 watt Illuminator Ufos
    2 30 watt side panels
    4 Glow Panel 45 s
    and 2 California Nursury 125 w 3 spectrum lights.

all on 2 Plants
    Its Blinding I have to use welders cutting glasses .

I'd say bang for your buck 2 of the glow panel 45s are affordable yet would probably be sufficient for a scrog . Their about $ 150 - $175 each.

9. That sucks, sorry to hear you are having issues UFOs are very hit and miss. Hopefully your babies will come round.

10. It's a really small box, I sent it back I am done with LEDs for a few years.