DIY: Feminized seeds

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by RO76, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Wow, I've apologized..I tried to leave your thread..what more do you want me to do??

I do not come to this site to spread bad vibes or cause problems..I come here to learn and occasionally helps others with my very small and limited amount of info on the subject (cannabis).

I do care about accurate information.

I'm truly sorry that I've caused this much conflict and negativity and will delete all my messages from this thread. I will also stay out of your threads and not contact you. Again I apologize, I am not a troll..I am a human just like you. :smoke::smoke:

2. Please....

3. Ok, someone needs to smoke a little more and stress a little less. I think you're lucky FlyMaster wasn't a real troll or you'd have had a stroke by now... Take it easy, buddy... It's all good.

Also, repeated name calling can get you banned. If you don't get a warning from this, you'll be lucky and it means FlyMaster didn't report you. I've gotten warnings for less... (I even tried a FOX style dig and instead of calling the name, ask if they were the name.. ie. "are you some kind of a retard?"... didn't fly)

-Loki

4. I have a question.

What happens to the female plants when male flowers grow on it?

5. Nothing,they should be no different than any other female plants...(with the exception of having male flowers)'. plants will look like any hermy plants...Till they get pollinated, then seeds will develop...

6. Depends on the strain... Most strains will produce male flowers that don't fully open on their own, which is nice because you can clips them off and use a razor blade to cut them open and extract the pollen far away from your female plants. And the male flowers you don't clip won't pollenate everything in your growroom.

-Loki

7. So basically its gets pollinated within its self?

8. If you do a whole plant, it will most likely pollenate itself to some degree, but if you only do a branch or end of a branch, you can keep it from pollenating itself.

-Loki

9. this will not produce all 100% females.... it varies depending on strain.
    some will be 70% fem 30%herm/male some 99% fem 1% etc etc

read the seed banks descriptions and warning on fem seeds they are not responsible for herms or males... and they even says 95% or 99% blah blah blah.

if you want 100% pure female seeds that are clones of the original plant you must pop tons and tons and tons of seeds and find the pure xxxx female that carries zero y(male) traits. then gibberilic acid that fucker and all the seeds will be perfect clones of the original plant.

unfortunately with genetics these days that will be very difficult, for most.

10. or if two xxxx fems are gibberllic'd the seeds will all be fem...

the problem is when you gibberllic plants that have y traits in the genes they pass them over... therefore you want have perfect 100% female seeds.
    [​IMG]
    replace humans for marijuana leaves and dont mind the spanish..you can thank google for its multi-lingualness

11. We are all hombre's here, hombre.

12. I know this is an old post, but I have read somewhere that you can also use aspirin to induce hermaphrodites. 

Has anyone tried this method?

I was thinking of trying this with an feminized autoflower, and self pollinate it. Do you think it will be stable?