Are we alone?

Discussion in 'General' started by HighlyHigh, Mar 7, 2011.

1. If they're out there. Not hatin', just sayin', lol. I like the idea to think there is a rich me out there, a black me, a me who was somehow born in an alleyway in Japan..

But it's like time travel, I'm gonna need more proof til I believe it. My idea of time travel is kind of crazy, lol.

2. interesting idea. that would mean that there are an infinite amount of universes, with an infinite amount of possibilities. some might not even comply with the laws of physics

3. yep exactly

4. whoops.. I voted yes instead of no :eek:

5. is it a theory? if so what it it called?

6. i did the same and i made the damn thing

7. ^^At least GC is more open-minded than it would seem then, eh? ;)

8. The universe is so big no one can even imagine how big it really is. Just one picture from the hubble has over 50,000 galaxies in it. I do believe there is other intelligent life out there, we just havent found it. Some older and way more advanced than us and some not so advanced.

9. hubble took a picture of an extremely tiny part of the visible universe. there is no telling how much of the universe exists outside of this visible bubble, and there is no way to find out. If the universe is infinite then there IS life out there besides us.

10. Multiverse theory.

11. thats not a theory

12. That means that there are infinite yous in an infinite amount of universes.

13. All i have to say is in some hieroglyphs they state there are over 400,000 different planets with other forms of life on them.
    It is a fact there are..there is just too much evidence to even begin telling you about..

14. I dont know how anyone can say we're alone. In my opinion, if they do it shows arrogance or their lack in education. I held the belife we are not alone for a long time, but then took an astronomy class in college. HOLY SHIT, thiers this thing called the drake equation where you enter in all these different factors (such as amount of stars with planets, planets in the 'live zone' i.e. not to far away from the sun and not to close, etc). Their are about 7 factors and even using THE MOST conservative numbers, according to the drake equation their are AT LEAST 1000 different forms of intelegent life that we can communicate with (if we had the proper equiptment). O yeah...and that 1000 just represents our Milkey way! Like.....Fuck....That was one hell of a mind blowing class.

15. #55 architoker, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

NASA scientist finds evidence of alien life

/thread ;)

16. AHH you fucker!!! i was gonna post that!!! but seriously. it was only a matter of time. now its only a matter of time until we find more evolved forms of life. im excited for the future ill never see :(

17. many evolved forms of life have already found us.

18. Your right they got proof I watch shit on this type of stuff all the time. Especially about the world ending in 2012.

19. that may be true. but will they show themselves or will our gov't show us within my lifetime. i believe its inevitable we'll find SOMETHING out there...but what and or who is the question.

20. god damn you, you changed the question in your post from the question in your poll.

i meant to vote "no"