Are we alone?

Discussion in 'General' started by HighlyHigh, Mar 7, 2011.

1. I think that at one point there has been other life out in the vast universe, but since the universe timeline is sooooooooo long. existence on earth is merely 1/100000th of a centimeter on a 20 million meter timeline. Scientists think that if there is/was life out there they doubt that there is life out there exactly when we are alive and exist. Think about that.

2. from what we have observed in outer space the conditions that need to be present in order for life to possible seem to be relatively common, and given the vastness of space itself ya it's almost a mathematical certainty there is life on other planets. However anything beyond life is speculation

3. There has to be other forms of intelligent life out there.

Aside from that here on this planet I am alone =(

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk]YouTube - Galaxy Song[/ame]

5. No we aren't

And if you think otherwise you're stupid

It's statistically impossible for there not to be other intelligent life

6. do you think there are dinosaurs out there?

7. Are we alone?

--

Yes, and no...

--

Yes, we are alone, because there is only one human specie.

--

No, we're not, because there are other planets in this vast universe, where humans live.

--

I think if there was another planet that could harbor life, humans can be found there.

8. Everything is out there.

9. the 8 other people besides me that picked yes did it because they didn't read the question and assumed it said "is there other life besides on earth"

I did a oopsie

10. There is another universe with humans, when given a choice there is a universe where you make one choice... and in the other universe you make the other choice...

11. Lol. let me see these statistics you're referring to...

Humans originated from Earth last time I checked....

12. I wanna be in the other universe NOT FAIR

13. I think that too, at least all over the Milky Way and other galaxies who happen to be composed of similar elements. I am sure there was/is/will be other "humans" who don't share our humane views. You want the eyes of an eagle? This pill here will add it to your DNA. Gills? Not a problem..

Maybe we'll drop those boundaries someday :devious:

14. No, I think its silly to think that life and evolution have occurred only in this one tiny little area of the universe

15. Short answer: No.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re66MWWl8q8&feature=related]YouTube - Does Neil Tyson think we are alone in the universe?[/ame]

16. What if we are that other universe...

where ourselves made a decision and in this one.. we make the other decision...

17. There is a world, where I say,

"A"

and then there is a world, where I say,

(blank)

--

But since we're in the world where I said "A", we will never know what I said in the other world.

18. We are not alone. But we are never gonna get to visit.

19. You are presented option A and option B

In this universe say you choose option A

and in the other universe you choose option B

which leads to different outcomes in each of the universes..