Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dumbass Doctor

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by m3t4lm4n222, Mar 5, 2011.

1. No practicing doctor with an Md. is in any way ignorant.

doctors are far from ignorant. They have devoted many years of their life to the study of human physiology. While I do not agree with the way he went about it, smoking ANYTHING is bad for you and it is his obligation as a doctor to tell you this. Heroin doesn't necessarily cause cancer either, but if you told your doctor you do heroin he would lecture you about the same shit,

If you don't like what he says, disregard it. From my perspective I feel like you went in there to get a script for some painkillers and instead you got a lecture from a doctor about forgoing an unhealthy activity. THC and other chemicals in marijuana do have medical properties, but smoking is not the best way to obtain them; rather the easiest.

2. #42 m3t4lm4n222, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2011
    I'm sorry, the title is misleading. I don't literally mean the doctor is dumb, its something I typed out of pure rage. A better name would of been "Doctor criticizes my lifestyle" or something along those lines. Doctors do study medicine and know it well, but again, for him to tell me "Don't drive for 6 months, driving is a privilege" and "Choose your friends wisely" simply because I smoke marijuana? Really? Over the top don't you think? And then to have him tell me things that simply aren't true (Such as losing your house in California if marijuana is found in your house, and stoner's being called stoner's because their life revolves around marijuana in the end?) is just icing on the ragecake..

I'm also not trying to call him dumb because he said I am overweight, i've known i'm overweight, but honestly, I don't care much because I haven't experienced any negative problems (Accept for back pain) but I don't believe its my weight causing the pain, i've had it since I was 175 pounds, which albeit is still pretty heavy. I will accept it once I have some sort of proof (Such as an x-ray) that its not arthritis or something. I don't mean to be negligent of my weight, but I have friends who weigh 50+ more pounds than me that don't complain about back pains at all. (One friend who weights at least 290) But I will say, I am willing to work out and see if it works since I already have a Gym membership. Either way, I do need to get into shape, but I hardly have time since i'm still a Senior in High School.

3. I would switch doctors, personally.

4. this,

5. Uhh, no one in the thread said they know more than a doctor.

I simply don't like the way people today use whatever a doctor's word is, as law. I've seen plenty of doctors talk in such a manner, that it was abundantly clear they were making shit up on the spot. Not lying per say, but it being obvious that they knew alot less than what they were trying to appear to know. That lack of humility is a bit disgraceful.

Fact is, many doctors talk with that matter-of-fact tone, and everyone listens religiously; I'm not a fan of it. Everyone is responsible for their own health and shouldn't simply take a doctor's word for it if their skeptical. Thats all I want to say.

If a doctor didn't reassure my sister that her breast lump was nothing to worry about, she could still be living today. Always reach for that second opinion guys.

6. #46 Storm Crow, Mar 5, 2011
    About cannabis causing lung cancer-

Delta(9)-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial growth factor-induced lung cancer cell migration in vitro as well as its growth and metastasis in vivo
    (abst - 2007)
    Unbound MEDLINE | Delta(9)-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial growth factor-induced lung cancer cell migration in vitro as well as its growth and metastasis in vivo. PubMed Journal article abstract

Or more simply-

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news - 2007)
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

There are PAGES of studies just on lung cancer in that first link in my sig! And there's a "few" other subjects that I'm sure you will find interesting. Why not educate yourselves with actual medical facts, rather than just "blowin' smoke"!

And doctors are not educated when it comes to cannabis. North American medical schools have only parroted government propaganda for decades. A survey of Canadian doctors found that most of what the doctors knew about cannabis as a medicine, came from their PATIENTS! :eek: Unlike the US, cannabis is a federally legal, prescribable medicine in Canada. Logically, their doctors should know far more about cannabis as a legal medicine than US doctors.

So just how much do you think your doctor REALLY knows about medical cannabis? And just who is going to give him the facts? :confused:

Some other facts- A single 44 cent stamp will send 5 pages. Most abstracts of medical studies are one page or less. The post office does not require return addresses on envelopes. ;)

So you get a choice, guys. You can either sit around playing with your Wii, or you can join me and thousands others in changing the world. :hello:

I've done the hard part, spending countless hours reading and sorting the studies and articles. All you have to do is pick the most mind-blowing ones and send them out! And don't stop with your doctors! Politicians, friends and relatives, all need to learn what an amazing healing herb cannabis is!

OK, click that first link in my sig and just start reading the titles to give yourself an idea of what's in there! (I bet you won't make it all the way through! :p )

We win the "War on the War on Drugs", one mind at a time.

EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Granny :wave:

7. this and btw storm crow you are awesome lol

8. Stop making excuses. You have all the time in the world now as a second semester senior to lose weight. And you say it doesn't cause any negative problems?
    How about lack-of-pussyitus?

9. It's because doctors don't make money if you self-medicate. They don't want you to use your drugs, they want you to use their drugs. They don't care if you snort coke or take speed. But they want you to use their adderall & Methylphenidate. Have back pains? They don't want you to use cannabis and acupuncture. They want you use their oxys and tramadol.

10. lololololol :laughing:
    careful, you might get your house taken away.. orrrr a fine around $100... same thing, right?

id change doctors to someone less ignorant if i were you. thats just me.

11. You'll come around
    Saying he was ignorant implies you know more.

People take a doctors word for fact because it probably is. People dont know medicine. They wouldnt know if he was lying or not, but they have to trust him, because if anyone knows, its a doctor. If he fucks up, there is a thing called malpractice.

12. My doctor whom has been my doctor for years, has to look everything up on a computer. She's looking up my symptoms more than having actual contact with me...

13. Agreed. He's not paying the doctor to criticize/ridicule him. I would have left just because of the fact that he's clearly uneducated. I can't believe doctor's are this stupid.

Edit: Uneducated about marijuana. I know that sounded contradictory. He's uneducated yet he's a doctor lol.

14. I didn't know so many people could be assholes on gc. You guys are bitching this poor guy out when he didn't even do anything wrong. It's a peaceful sight, not something to call some guy fat or lazy

15. #55 m3t4lm4n222, Mar 5, 2011

Lol, yes because I am overweight I haven't been laid. OK. How do you suppose overweight people have children? In case you don't know, i'm not horribly obese or anything like that. You don't have to be a dick about it bro, I don't understand why i'm getting so much hate because of my weight when thats not even the main point about this thread.

I have all the time in the world? Do you know me? Do you know what I have to do everyday? If you consider 3 hours (If I can manage to stay awake until midnight) "All the time in the world" then you must be crazy. Sure, 3 hours is enough time to work out, but considering I don't have my license (I have a thread about why, basically, I lacked any knowledge about driving until I was 16) and busses stop running at 6pm, how can I get to my gym when the closest one is 20 miles away? Sure, I could go for a run, but really? I'm already exhausted by that time.

16. NO, it can not. Show me one case where smoking weed has caused cancer.:devious:
    Educate yourself and research, it's a fact, it "CANNOT" cause cancer.
    Not cannabis, it cures cancer.:hello:
    You have no idea what you are talking about, wow. Resin clogging his lungs, that's some funny shit right there. MJ is a natural bronchodilator, look it up. It is also a natural expectorant which helps expel the dirty mucous from your lungs.:D

Please share where you got this information, no, really.:eek:
    Cannabis smoke contains THC, more than anything else on this planet, so yes, cannabis smoke is.:wave:
    Most doctors are ignorant about MJ and nutrition, and you know it.

Look what this doctor has to say...

"To be honest, I knew next to nothing about nutrition or nutritional supplementation... Because of the respect people have for doctors, they assume we are experts on all health-related issues, inluding nutrition and vitamins. Before my conversion experience with nutritional medicine, my patients frequently asked me if I believed their taking vitamins produced any health benefits...Handing the bottles back, I'd say th stuff was absolutely no use at all... What I did not share with my patients was that I had not spent a minute evaluating the hundreds of scientifically conducted studies that proved the value of supplementation to health."
    Dr. Ray Strand
    http://www.home-business-comparison.info/6extras/Why are doctors ignorant about nutrition V4.pdf

:smoke:

You act like western medicine is so great, BS I say, it's a big killer, check this out.:eek:

America was rudely awakened to a new kind of danger on September 11, 2001: Terrorism. The attacks that day left 2,996 people dead, including the passengers on the four commercial airliners that were used as weapons. Many feel it was the most tragic day in U.S. history.
    Four commercial jets crashed that day. But what if six jumbo jets crashed every day in the United States, claiming the lives of 783,936 people every year? That would certainly qualify as a massive tragedy, wouldn't it? Well, forget "what if." The tragedy is happening right now.

Over 750,000 people actually do die in the United States every year, although not from plane crashes.
    They die from something far more common and rarely perceived by the public as dangerous: modern medicine.

Most doctors know diddly squat about nutrition and are therefore ignorant regarding nutrition, sad really.:confused: Nutrition should be a priority.

"Only 6% or so study nutrition at medical school"
    http://www.home-business-comparison.info/6extras/Why are doctors ignorant about nutrition V4.pdf

Please, how old are you? Doctors are still human so in many ways they are still ignorant on a variety of levels, period. Check yourself, they don't know everything....:D

See my post above to you on "modern medicine", they don't know everything about medicine and almost nothing about nutrition.

Nutrition is where it's at, you are what you eat...;)
    Don't sweat the haters, bro.
    One of the biggest changes in my weight came from my change in eating habits. Stay away from all fake sugars including Aspartame, High Fructose Corn Syrup and Splenda. Those seem to be in everything.

I lost over 30lbs in one month from cutting out the High Fructose Corn Syrup, it's in just about everything, read all the labels.

foodmatters.tv
    go here for more info.

17. Well you have a shitty doctor

One subject that he will never have contact with makes this whole thing pretty stupid

I never said western medicine is so great:confused:

Where the fuck did you get that from? You high man?

I said just because a doctor hasnt looked into weed doesnt make him ignorant or incompetent. MArijuana is not the end all cure all drug that will save the human race as these kids raise it up to be. You want to know how ignorant these kids are? They probably spent a few minutes looking up studies that confirm their bias that cannabis is a harmless drug, and the only one people should ever use, whereas the doctor has spent countless hours to obtain his degree, and somehow, the kid knows more.

The amount of pharms on the market is insane. I personally dont take meds. As you said, nutrition is where its at. You take care of your body, and it will take care of you.

18. u have no idea wut ur talking about so dont talk, srsly, doctors dont make money of the drugs they give u and believe me doctors make enough money as it is with having patients emitted into the icu and they make alot of money of procedures. They dont make any money on the drugs they give u and thats fact.

19. well its frustrating when someone comes on and bitches and complains that he didnt get his pain killers or a slip for mmj. the doctor simply looked at him and saw that he was fat. He also knows that bud is good for creating an appetite so the doc knew that its not a good drug for him to take considering his weight. And inhaling any smoke is both bad for your lungs and your cardiovascular system.

20. well BOSS MAN allow me to retort

How do you suppose overweight people have children?
    they find other overweight people with as little self esteem and self worth as themselves

id say get off your fat ass and get a drivers license in addition to maybe working out at home if thats your only option. ooo but youre exhausted, well in that case, im sorry ya big o baby, heres a cookie...:cry:

by 16 most people are driving or atleast they have the desire to. if youre still jerkin it home go ahead and get your license. your parents dont like driving you places

and wowie, you smoked 2 more ounces since youre first post??!?!
    1. i dont believe that since you only started smoking in september
    2. if you did infact manage to smoke that much that quickly then yes this is a addiction that you have a problem with.