168+w CFL 10,000+lumen Organic Stealth Cab

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by StinkyBuds, Mar 3, 2011.

1. What's up GC? Started this grow in mid-January on the 'Indoor Journal' section and decided to switch it over to 'MicroGrows' considering I've only got about 7 cubic feet of space. I'm currently on my 11th day of flowering after 3 weeks of vegging and things are going great.

Here's a link to the first month and a half of growth but I'll be updating on this thread from now on --> http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...-25-000-lumen-organic-stealth-micro-grow.html

^ Don't mind the title, that's the total wattage/lumens I have available, but had heat issues almost immediately after starting and cut down to where I'm currently at. Temps at 79F(day) and 71F(night)with humidity ranging from 20%-40%. Plenty of circulation. 2 tablespoons of FF Big Bloom/half gallon once a week(every other watering). Anyways, here are some pics I took today - enjoy!

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      363.1 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      246.2 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      267.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Just picked up some molasses for mi lady! She'll be getting a teaspoon and a half/half gallon every watering and feeding and I'll probably bump it up to a full tablespoon when I'm a couple weeks out from harvest.

How are things looking GC?!?!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      140.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Looks amazing bro, we're around the same point with ours, we're also messing around a little bit with scrogging just sorta mimmicking what I've seen on GC and seeing how it goes

4. Watered today with just molasses. Crazy white hairs shooting out all over the place. I will introduce Tiger Bloom next watering in 3-4 days. Enjoy the pics!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
  5. #5 deltaNEIN, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
    hey SB,

everything looks good. can't wait 'til my lady shows some hairs and starts to fill out, i'll keep my fingers crossed that she'll look as good as yours. :smoke:

also, i'm pretty sure tiger bloom is only organic-based. if you're trying to stay au naturale, drop the bottle.

be sure to check out my lady, she should start taking off here soon.:wave:

6. whats up D9?

Thanks for droppin by and for the kinds words. I have not gotten the Tiger Bloom yet..I was going to wait till her next watering in a couple days. I knew it was only organic 'based' but I figured since I started with FFOF and Big Bloom, I might as well stay with the FoxFarm line. What could you recommend in place of the Tiger Bloom for flowering?

She'll be getting plain water and a flush during her last 10 days or so, so I'm really just concerned about packing on weight and trichomes until then as organically as possible ;)

Speaking of trichomes...they're everywhere! I'm gonna borrow a friends camera in a couple days so I'll get some higher definition pics up then! :D

7. nice i got 400+ watts of cfls. I need to build myself a cab.

8. ya man?! set it up!!

me too...but my space can only handle about 200 W max...however if I had a 4" inline exhaust fan, I could probably get it up to 300+ :confused: just guessing...Might have to make a few improvements to the cab...

9. ^SB, you can always cut out a hole in your box near your cfl's built in ballasts and hang a pc fan drawing air out. my temps dropped 6-8* once i got the exhaust hole in my box at the right spot.

i went with FFOF and AN iguana juice. i only have iguana bloom and not grow because OF is pretty rich in nutrients. check out AN iguana juice. i've only heard good things about AN, iguana juice specifically for organics, locally and on multiple forums.

how long have you been feeding with big bloom? let me know your opinion of it, i'm on the fence on whether or not to pick up a bottle.

yeah higher definition shots are always good, i'm using my phone's camera for my thread. :D

local blueberry and og kush in the jars tonight:smoke:

10. I've already got 2 computer fans extracting from the top, opposite corner of my intake! I created a little makeshift hood to light proof it and I'm sure that extra resistance won't help...a window open during the day has seemed to do the trick tho.

I found an excellent little grow shop on the other side of town that carries just about everything under the sun as far as a grower's paradise is concerned...the AN Iguana Juice was goin for $45 and I'm a broke college student so I decided to go with roots organics Buddha Bloom at just $22. The folks at the shop said its very popular amongst their regulars so I decide what the hell. She'll get a 1/2 dosage on Friday when I water again.

Does anyone know of any problems that could arise or have any experience combining FF Big Bloom with roots organic Buddha Bloom?

I've been using the Big Bloom for one month (introduced 3 days before I switched over to 12/12) and I've got craaaaazy pistils like nothing I've ever grown before (even though I've only grown a handful of plants). I would highly recommend it! :D...however, the Iguana Juice might be all you need since it's got higher P and K already...

11. Big Bloom is a bio catalyst type of product, not a base nutrient. So it's fine to use both Big Bloom and Buddha Bloom. Aurora makes a product that is similar to Big Bloom, it's called Trinity, and according to their feeding chart is supposed to be ran all the way through veg and flower, just like Big Bloom.

If you can spend a little more I'd get a PK booster. They are worth it. Aurora makes one of those also in their Roots Organics line called HPK. Actually the entire lineup looks pretty good to me.. :smoke:, but if adding anything I would start at a PK booster first, then add more later as funds permit.

12. :metal:SB, i'm a broke college student as well. when i went to the hydro shop up the road, i was planning to buy big bloom because of lack of funds, but got talked into iguana juice before i knew it.:rolleyes:

just be sure to mix one nutrient at a time into your water, and you should be all set. hopefully that buddha bloom is just what she needed! good luck brother.
    :smoke:

13. YAAAY! Woke up today feeling like a kid on Christmas morning..couldn't wait to get these pics up!

I watered with 1 tablespoon Unsulphered Blackstrap Molasses, roots organic Buddha Bloom, and Fox Farm Big Bloom, each/1 half gallon of Brita filtered tap - did some research and found out that we have some of the cleanest tap water in North America - WOOHOO! :hello: I backed off on the Big Bloom because according to Fox Farm's feeding schedule, you reduce to 50% when introducing Tiger Bloom...figured better safe than sorry :cool:

Enjoy the pics! First hairs have started to barely change colors..I'm thinking I'll definitely make my beginning of May deadline...any final harvest day/weight predictions?! I pruned out some of the undergrowth after I took the pics and couldn't resist giving them a lil squeeze - stickaaaayyy!!!!

Attached Files:

14. Oh ya, today makes flowering day 20...does this seem really fast to anyone? It could really be a couple extra days but that would mean I didn't spot the pistils till 3-4 days after they first popped! Hiighly unlikely considering I check them thoroughly for atleast 10 minutes a day...perhaps I was just lucky and got some fast flowering genetics...looks like a hybrid right?!?!

Oh ya! She's starting to get a really pungent citrus-y smell!! I LOVE IT!!!

15. hahaha, I know exactly what you mean...as soon as I decided to go with roots organic, the employees started pushing the whole line of their products on me...I'm glad I wasn't stoney otherwise I most likely would've succumbed to the pressure too! They're good at it, after all, it is their job ;)

16. They look waaaaay sick stinky!! Thanks for the help on the aerogarden experiment I going on in the other post.Whats your set up here bro ,I mean I see the lights your using at the title of your post says but what are the dimensions of your box,fans ect...ya gota just love this forum ......so much knowledge and some very cool peeps!!:gc_rocks:

17. Thanks for stoppin thru man! No problem w/ the ag...fun little way to grow if you ask me. I've seen people easily pull ounces outta that thing but I'm not sure if it could produce any more than that. I'd think with extra side lighting and a bigger reservoir it'd be no problem tho.

Sorry about the lack of info on this thread :eek: I started this grow in the Indoor Journals section and decided to move it into the Micro section once I started flowering. Check out the 'Veg' link in my signature for the first half but the current set up goes as follows:

3-Drawer Cabinet conversion-34" Wide, 24" High, 15" Deep

Fans: 2 80mm PC fans, on speed control, extracting side-by-side out the back, opposite corner of the intake. In the picture, there's only one but I added another a few weeks in right next to it. I've also got a Holmes (I think...) 2 speed, oscilating clamp fan inside the box which provides for even air displacement.

My lighting rig would allow for 2 more bulbs, which would give me a total 252w (15,600 lumens) which I'm sure my lady would greatly appreciate...just a matter of keeping temps down with these dinky fans. I got 4 of them from waaaaaaaalmart for like 8 bucks or something...fried one and damaged another one somehow so I'm stuck with just the two for now. Get paid in a week, might pick up something for better exhaust so that I can add the extra lumens...Starting to get warmer everyday :D so keeping the window open won't cut it for much longer.

Sorry for rambling...:smoke:

Anyways,

Bagseed - LSTed from 3rd week (I think...) of vegetative growth
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
    Fox Farm Big Bloom
    roots Organic Budhha Bloom
    Unsulphered Blackstrap Molasses
    Brita filtered water (set out for 48+ hours to let chlorine, if any, evaporate)

That's pretty much it...lemme know if you wanna know anything specific :wave:

GC is the shiiiiiiiiiit! And I mean that with the absolute best connotation possible!:metal:

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      3.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      3.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      4 KB
      Views:
  18. Had a 'DOH!' moment about an hour ago when I realized I should be using my Y splitters...check the pic...took the hood off the fans so they can run unrestricted and temps only jumped to around 85. gonna watch the temps for the rest of the day and see if it's do-able.

Attached Files:

19. hahahaha ramble away!!! im soaking it all in from everyone i can!Very cool idea wit the dresser !! Major props and some fine engineering might i add :D
    you cant get stealthier than that!! love the dummy face of draws in the front!
    my Aerogarden is more like a toy project ..my main crops come from the outdoors.The last 3 yrs i averaged 4-1/2 pounds outside with some big bud,Holland's hope and purple power all grown 500 yards from a mall lol! it's so in your face yet it gos unnoticed year after year lol.I have been getting a bit tired having to go tend to them so im starting small with the aero as i picked up the top of the line one for 70 bucks so i figured for that kinda cash...why not.This year im hoping will be my last growing outdoors as my barn will be finished by june and i plan on having a nice room for a bunch of ladys.This year im growing Holland's hope because it did so well..NL...skunk #1 and some Durban poison in the aero will be some red dwarf,ak-47,and diavolo II. Cant wait to get started on the areo, it will be a great learning experience

20. looking good ima have to grab some that malasis what is it about it that works at makid my buds bigger?