Ebb and flow vs recirculating dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by titan2011, Mar 1, 2011.

1. My first simple bubbler yielded over 100 grams.

2. Hello, I made a hybrid NFT to DWC bubbleponic system,i have 3x24 2inch pvc connected by 2x90degree in a s shape with 12 chambers I use the ebb and flow of the NFT to flow and drain to the 18 gl bubbleponic reservoir I have half the space you have lol so you can really get creative i've got this in a 37x37x60 lighthouse grow tent havent got my 400watt switchable HPS/MH light yet but I'n going with the advanced nutrients connosiuer line

3. I would have to go with dwc all the way. I feel that deep water is the not only the easy one to set up but also maintain and to avoid leeks. Ofcourse if you want a system that like a deep never under or over waters then go for 420 grow systems, those pots let you use the advantages of soil or coco with the res additiion to never over or under watering, also you never have to worry about anything breaking or a power out destroying everything and no flushes to worry about and ask long as you start with a big enough pot no transplanting from a small pot to a bigger one. something to contemplate. But never go with anything else, in my experience nothing easier.

4. #24 MrHvyduty, May 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
    DWC hands down wins! bigger healthier plants. root systems are amazing ! Go with the five gallon or bigger set ups if you have the space? I mean vertically!;) Oh I'm sorry the Question! DWC is easier to deal with and maintain.And if you don't wanna waste time and energy get on ebay find'em hella cheap !If you need pm me and I will help you in the right direction for beautiful bubbly bucket fun.

5. ebb and flow is easier to maintain. the rockwool cubes can be moved around sp plants can be trimed easier. easier to scrub down one tray then a bunch of buckets. water change on DWC is a pain.
    with that said, you can get fast growth with DWC wich can give you a larger yield.
    im using the under current system. amazing growth. i was given a 6" clone in soil, a week or two before i added new clones into the system. the clones in the system are now a month in. i have to top them every 2 days. to keep them under 36" tall. the one in soil is still under 24" has only been topped once

6. I do not have issues with roots in an Ebb&Gro system.....
    Seems from what I see, 99.9% of Ebb&Grow'ers get shitty roots, and blame the system for their mistakes  :rolleyes:

I have all three systems running (@ same time) and I get larger yields off the Ebb&Gro system over the DWC and rDWC systems...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess everyone is different.....

7. Huh?

Who blames EnG for shitty roots? On my 3rd year running a 24 site, never had root rot. keep a 6 inch air stone in the rezzy, problem solved.

Systems ive used: GH waterfarms, homemade EnF trays running pea gravel (back in the early 80s), 5-30 gallon DWCs, homemade SWC(anyone wants a challange try this shit..). And am in the process of building a 6 site Dutch pot, fogoponic.

As per which is better,regarding DWC vs. EnF......

Maybe you're asking the wrong question. Try "which system is better for my needs?" and you'll find your golden answer.