Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

expired eye drops

• Please log in to reply

popsson

popsson

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 2,875 posts
can i still use them? they've been expired 3 months.

Drago

Drago

Smokin' the Green

• Registered Upgraded
  • 250 posts
i wouldnt... you only got 1 set of eyes so dont fuck em up.. and drop are like 3 bucks anyway.

phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

Registered Pot Head

• Old School
  • 955 posts
what type of drops are you talking about because there are tons of different kinds?? there are anesthetics, dilation, iop lowering (glaucoma), anti-inflammatory, lubricants...the list goes on man.

im assuming you are talking about lubricant drops which you use for conditions that cause dry eyes. if lubricant drops are what you are asking about yes you can use those after the expiration date. you can use most drops after the expiration date, the main purpose for the expiration date is for clinical reasons along with some of the other kinds of drops that are not good to be used after the expiration date. if you were in an eye clinic they would never allow you to use them because of the expiration given by the manufacture, but if i believe you are talkin about lubricant drops (visine, clear eyes, or just plain lubricating drops to re-moisten the eye...) you will be fine.

popsson

popsson

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 2,875 posts
yea clear eyes. THANKS MAN!

phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

Registered Pot Head

• Old School
  • 955 posts

yea clear eyes. THANKS MAN!

no problem...im goin to med school for eyes so that was a very simple question for me to answer :D

popsson

popsson

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 2,875 posts
i could tell.

does marijuana slow down puberty?

leodicapario

leodicapario

• Old School
  • 1,297 posts

i could tell.

does marijuana slow down puberty?

who cares?:smoke:

phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

Registered Pot Head

• Old School
  • 955 posts
actually i believe smoking increases your hormones so you grow faster and look more mature for your age then what you really are. the down side is that smoking at such an early age really hurts your body in the long run, especially if you keep smoking for years. but im not totally sure on this info because im going to school for eyes specifically, even though i have taken tons of anatomy/physiology and science/health related courses. peace

Duhka

Duhka

Medicine Man

• Registered Upgraded
  • 652 posts

actually i believe smoking increases your hormones so you grow faster and look more mature for your age then what you really are. the down side is that smoking at such an early age really hurts your body in the long run, especially if you keep smoking for years. but im not totally sure on this info because im going to school for eyes specifically, even though i have taken tons of anatomy/physiology and science/health related courses. peace

Yeah now that i think about it i did a lot of maturing/growing/voice deepening while high... idk if its a coincidence or what but this didnt start till i started smoking a lot when i was like 17.

Fubar

Fubar

Stoned Wheat Thin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 129 posts
lmao just two days ok i found some eyedrops id been using and i noticed they expired a year ago. i was going to ask this question. its just normal visine eyedrops, "gets the red out" :smoking:

phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

Registered Pot Head

• Old School
  • 955 posts

lmao just two days ok i found some eyedrops id been using and i noticed they expired a year ago. i was going to ask this question. its just normal visine eyedrops, "gets the red out" :smoking:

yep those should still be ok to use still. drops like the anti-inflammatory drops and anesthetics are the ones to worry about. anti-inflammatory drops look milky and must be shaken up before using them. over time they will lose there effect and could potentially develop harmful bacteria that could get into your eyes and cause serious problems to your eyes and even becoming systemic which would effect other parts of your body.

also just to let most people know that when using drops its good to ONLY use 1 drop instead of a ton. the belief that putting more visine or clear eyes onto your eyes will make them look whiter is false. its actually somewhat harmful for eyes to put too many drops in because your eye can only hold about 30 uL (micro liters) of liquid and a normal drop is usually about 50 uL. the excess liquid drops are either teared out of your eye or become systemic and go into your body. sytemic adsorption is not the desired effect of topical medications.

popsson

popsson

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 2,875 posts
Ok. Mr Smarty Pants.

Thanks!

ziggyshugenadz

ziggyshugenadz

yes, i am awesome

• Old School
  • 1,823 posts
your eyes will fall out if you use them DONT!!!!!!!!

heh, jk i didnt even know that eyedrops could go bad.

br3ad_

br3ad_

• Old School
  • 5,342 posts
Phish, is eye surgery safe? haha

Drago

Drago

Smokin' the Green

• Registered Upgraded
  • 250 posts
lol you shouldnt have said you were in med school man. now all us potheads will be askin for info..

oh and btw... How hard is it on your eyes to use drops daily?

hehe :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users