white only scholarships

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Boobz, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Doesn't look like a government thing, so good for them. It ain't like there aren't white kids who are poor and otherwise wouldn't go to school.

2. So why do you support what you posted in the OP then?

3. I dont think we need to pick 1 or the other. I like having BOTH.

4. One based on race and one based on performance, and less for the people that actually need it?

5. lol?

1 based on income levels(for all races) and 1 based on merrit(for all races). Is it that hard to understand mr strawman?

6. Then calling it white only is a non sequitor, or your posts are.

7. But that would only be true if i agreed with your perspective on other races and scholarship possibilities. Which i dont......

8. my perspective that race shouldn't matter?
    Shocked.

9. Your right race shouldnt matter. Thats why its nice to equal the playing field and give whites the same scholarship opertunities as every other race.

10. How about getting rid of race specific aid then?
    I'm sure I suggested this and you disagreed...

11. No, you wanted to eliminate merrit based scholarships. KEEP track of your own shit man.

12. What is "merrit" and why should scholarships be based on it?

13. #35 garrison68, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
    Scholarships for the disadvantaged should be based on class, not race or sex - so it's appropriate that grants and funds for white males are given, until this is done.

Most white Americans, with family histories going back to colonial times, had indentured servants as ancestors - and these people were treated as bad as, and often worse than, slaves.

The causes of racial issues were created by the rich and powerful to keep the working and poor people ignorant of the true source of inequity.

14. I mean there are black only scholarships so I'd say it's fair game.

15. Actually, there are all kind of scholarships for various groups, inluding older women (Betty Crocker used to sponsor one), Italian Americans, Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, Pacific Islanders, etc.

16. C'mon Errybody

[​IMG]

17. most of you have no idea of what your talking about.. its kinda funny.

coming from a poor white family, I think this is kinda cool

18. lol @ being disadvantaged because of his race.

Whites have fucked over the blacks, hispanics, asians, etc.

Now I'd be just fine with stuff like Irish scholarships (assuming you can prove proper lineage) and other European groups such as the Poles but having a Whites only scholarship is ridiculous. The whole point of ethnic based scholarships is to try to help compensate for the years of mistreatment.