My Theory on Existence and Infinity

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by ArtOfTheCarbine, Feb 28, 2011.

1. #1 ArtOfTheCarbine, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
    This is a theory I developed on the concept of Existence and Infinity. I developed an equation as well. This is what results after hours and hours of reading through everything-Quantum-related. I am merely a human being with a few questions. Take the time to read it, it's EXTREMELY interesting. I am also continuing to add to this theory, as well. Expect to see more in the next few weeks. Enjoy!:D

Existence; what does it mean to “exist”? Before we get too in-depth in such a subject, let’s look at the exact definition of what it means to ‘exist’. The definition I came up with is this: “To have actual being.” There is another term relative to its preceding descriptor. Actuality; a logical state of being; reality; “Reality” is merely what we depict as being “there” whether it IS, WAS, or WILL BE physically “there.” By physically I mean this: there is an object, subject, event, or happening involved. Existence; actuality; reality; with this trifecta of “logic” you have a concept called “life”. The definition of “life” is “to be alive; living; organic”. How much more of a vague answer could I ask for? Here’s food for that hungry, ever evolving brain of yours: “What if…” the most common misconception of logic is this phrase-prefix. “You can what if all you want…” I’ve heard that more than I have wanted to hear it; I’ve said it a few times myself. The concept of “What if…” is this: you either wish, or desire, something in your favor to occur, or something not in your favor to not occur. Both extremes are conjured by every functioning mind in this world at every given second of the fourth dimension; time.

The way I see it, we are all figments of our imagination; or someone, or something, else’s imagination. We are all productions of our own mental structure; the mind. In a universe of infinite possibilities, and according to ten dimensional theory and string theory, there are an infinite number of infinities to the nth power. All of these infinite possibilities are deemed impossible by massive multiplicities of people. Our entire understanding of our environment is established by mathematics of all levels and areas of the knowledge spectrum.

Each and every equation, function, formula, etc, is interconnected and used in conjunction with each other; which brings me to my theory of Exponentiality in multiple aspects. The first aspect of Exponentiality is this: Exponential Materialistic Growth/Decay; which, in essence, is this: There are two extremes to specificity of the term “Materialistic”. The first extreme is positive in the sense of growth; objects (all forms of matter on all levels of matter, discovered and undiscovered) can be as large as they are logically designed to be.

The other extreme is that things don’t merely get so small that they suddenly don’t exist anymore, they, not simply, slip into another dimension, perhaps a negative dimension (Or parallel universe ((complete polar opposite in every aspect of what we know as logic))); or…Exponential Materialistic Decay. Another aspect of Exponentiality takes into account the theory of the ever-expanding universe. The universe, according to theory, expands in every possible direction at a constant rate of time that has no end.

As far as we have discovered, there are ten dimensions of which we exist; what about the dimensions in which we don’t exist? What about the dimensions in which the concept of nothingness and/or other unthinkable and incomprehensive ideas that haven’t even been imagined by the human mind, apply? These dimensions we have ‘discovered’ are all compound and co-respond with one another in a perfect, utopian manner of which seems impossible to human reasoning. In other words, these ten dimensions all work together with each other; the sum of the parts is equal to the whole, logically (Which defies the Gestalt Theory). They work together like a perfect systematic series of parts that fit together in utopian manner, in the truest sense of the word. This is the kind of ‘engineering’, if you will, that scientists of all ages have “What if…”-ed about for centuries.

I mentioned that in Exponential Materialistic Growth, an object can get as large as it is logically designed to become; then I explained that the universe is ever expanding. But wait! Put those two ideas together and you have a giant single, isolated object in which variables, constants, and controls all intertwine and work together in infinite combinations; OUR UNIVERSE!

If the theory of the ever expanding universe is true, then my theory of Exponentiality is true. This is where we enter a part of the universe where the laws of physics, as we know it, and perhaps human behavior, do not apply. But how is that possible? For instance: Dark Matter; it makes up a rather large majority of the universe and is merely empty space; nothingness; no matter; just nothing. What the heck is empty space? What is nothing? The answer is simple: nothing IS nothing. The actual process of trying to make sense out of it is beyond the human capability to think; Which leads me to another theory that involves Exponentiality; what if we are a universe within a universe to the nth power. A new universe, or another infinity, is in existence. But how is that possible? It is highly possible, or highly imaginative; or both!

Within our universe we have discovered ten dimensions of which involve alternate infinities; what if these alternate infinities were put into an equation like so: [alternate infinities(Our infinity)]^nth power = [Infinity^nth(Infinity^nth)]^nth. If this equation is logical, then the thought of nothingness and infinity coexisting makes absolutely no sense. What is before nothingness? What is after something-ness; More nothingness? There is a pattern, if you haven’t noticed. According to the Big Bang Theory, the universe was created spontaneously from complete and utter nothingness because of, literally, the most perfect conditions. Then if the Universe is ever expanding, nothingness is replaced with somethingness, at a constant rate of which we do not know. If this is true, then nothingness is a negative infinity. Not parallel; not alternate; negative. This idea of nothingness and infinity/negative infinity is completely beyond human comprehension. What if that is a direct side effect of nothingness existing; it affects us, and everything, else on such a level that it alters, or disables, certain aspects of how we think.

2. Ohhh dude. This looks like good shit, but the wall of text is intimidating. :)

Just fyi for next time, please break it down into sections or paragraphs and more people will read it - trust me.

But I will check it out right now.

3. Haha, okay, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip. ;)
    Thanks for taking the time to read it! I appreciate that.

4. #4 KoopaKing, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
    This made me think of nothing in a way I never thought possible.

Edit: After reading it a second time, my response can be misinterpreted in a negative light and want to make clear that nothing in his post makes sense. As in he described nothing in a sense I could understand.

5. Ok...

First of all, you need to go to a physics forum with that because that shit is SERIOUS.

Also, I INSIST that you (sorry) break that down into smaller bits because people need to read that.

Anyways.

Where do I start? :)

I've thought of a similar theory myself - the Universe is infinite, but infinite on both sides of polarity. As you said - Negative infinity would exist and perhaps would be a mirror of said dimension(s) but everything inverted.

I mean, you covered so much that I can even begin to scratch the surface, but man - for a second post you're really going to make a good impression.

Like I said, I think you should find a (quantum) physics forum and post your theory. I will read it over again a few times and will try to add something. But I'm baked - I smoked keif, so I'm toasted.

+rep

6. The concept of 'nothing' is easily THE most complex and intricate idea conceptualized by the human capability to process thoughts. It, utmost literally, accelerates the human capacity to think to near "frustrativeness", if you will. We only understand as much as our mind allows us to; we can only see as much as our eyes allow us to; we can only be as much as this "perceptual hallucination" (So to speak) allows us to be. We can only comprehend and understand so much information. The equation I stated can be simplified to this: Infinity = Infinity; and Infinity /=/ Infinity. It defies everything we know.

7. Perhaps we are infinite beings (soul) living in (apparently) finite/organic bodies.

But that opens up another can of worms...

8. Lmao, I know. I REALLY need to organize it into sections or chapters; Hahaha sorry, it just makes me laugh when I read it had to be in sections, because you are totally right.
    You're reply to my post has given me a massive amount of motivation and inspiration to follow through with sharing my theory with the world. As a secret I have not yet shared with this community, I am currently writing a book about everything-quantum, I have title in mind, too; something kind of satirical: "Quantum Hooplah, and all that Jazz". Lol I thought it was kinda of clever and sort of "hooking", so to speak. I thank you a bunch for your positive feedback!

And PLEASE anyone, add to this in every, and any, aspect. What I wanted to do was create a post that included my theory as a sort of "thrust" forward to create a giant collaborative theory of everyone on the forum. People can just add to it whenever they feel like it. Sort of like an interactive community notepad on quantum theory. How does that sound?

Oh and btw, I'm 18, and a senior in HS in Norcal. Don't underestimate the power of the human mind, regardless of the age of the individual. :rolleyes:

9. It's ok, bud. I take things as lightly as possible. I welcome constructive criticism as much as possible. I'm not one to get angry over teh interwebz and all that jazz. ;) Thanks for reading!

10. The thought of one leads to another one. Whether it be postive or negative, or perhaps both? Leading us in to both unending 'ends' of infinity?

Frustrating is definitely the right word I feel right now trying to comprehend nothing.

11. [​IMG]

WHAT?! You're 18? Shit.

That's incredible.

One word to you: Disseminate

Disseminate your shit. Get it heard - get it out there.

12. Touche, comrade in arms!

13. I definitely plan to, my baked, intellectual friend. One thing to note is I think like this on a daily basis; sober, straight, and clear as can be. I hope to be great one day.

14. It makes sense, man - check it:

There are 2 very distinct polarities that we are all very well aware of: POSITIVE and NEGATIVE. Many things, both tangible and not tangible are capable of existing in either, or perhaps maybe even both.

Since we can see and comprehend the positive polarity more easily, would it not be logical to assume that it is possible to put a gauge on the negative polarity and infer that it would go forever in that direction?

Lets say this line is going forever (infinity) into the positive direction:

------------------------------------------->
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 --- Infinity ------

Lets say this line is going forever (negative infinity) into the negative direction/polarity:

<---------------------------------------------------
    Negative Infinity --- -9 -8 -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0

So what would our 4-dimensional existence (Length, Width, Height, Time) look like inverted, or in the negative polarity?

Hmmm... One can only wonder what that universe or mode of universe would be like!

15. #15 ArtOfTheCarbine, Mar 1, 2011
    I was lying in bed last night at about midnight; I dosed off for about an hour or two, I don't recall how long exactly. Then I awoke to a rather large and complex cluster of ideas. These ideas are all over the place, I will explain them to the best of my ability. Enjoy!

1) If you have this fraction: 1/0 ; it is known and accepted that this is 'undefined'. Well, to share some background information zero is a concept represented by a numerical value: 0. This concept is a place holder in the number system; zero represents a completely NULL value. It is used to describe ‘nothing’ of ‘something’; or in other words: ‘I have zero of (unit of choice)’. I am reiterating this because this is difficult to comprehend. I have a hypothesis that says, logically, you can divide by zero.
    According to the Big Bang Theory, and Einstein, there was nothing but energy prior to the Big Bang. Of course, we think this: before there was matter, there was energy; it is only logical to think “What was there before energy?” Energy and matter do not fall under the same category, although they work together to create this equation: E=Mc²; or Energy = Mass x Speed of Light. WHAT IF: I were to put things in this perspective: 1/0 ; the number ‘1’ represents somethingness; or matter/energy/time, etc. and the ‘/’ represents the perfect conditions in which it took for the universe to expand and thus create itself. The ‘0’ represents nothingness; a null value; restated: NOTHING. See where I’m going with this? If you take somethingness ( 1 ) and divide it ( / ) by nothingness ( 0 ) it is supposedly undefined. WHAT IF: I was to say that the big bang was the result of division by zero, on a mathematical level. Think about it; you have nothingness, maybe even preceding dimension zero, and you have the perfect conditions occur, whatever they may be, then you have somethingness; thus it is possible to divide by zero. According to this hypothesis, we all exist because of the possibility to divide by zero.

I will be making a few more posts in the coming hours regarding other ideas and questions I have that will boggle your mind. This is a giant brainstorming activity I did early this morning; it was very healthy for me, I think.

16. I like where your going with this. It's a really a cool thought, and if it was true, it could explain so much about the beginning its not even funny.

If you can (or someone) figure out how you to divide by zero in these circumstances, you will have done something that no other human being has ever done.

You have divided by zero.

17. Yeah, seriously! It's really fun stuff! I just love to sit around outside and enjoy the beautiful weather and just contemplate EVERYTHING. It's 'mind bottling' (Lol @ Blades of Glory; don't judge me.) I have some more stuff on the way that you may enjoy.

18. #18 ArtOfTheCarbine, Mar 1, 2011
    I broke this up the best I could =P
    /=/ ---> means ‘is not equal to’
    Now that we have covered the concepts of zero and infinity, I think it is time to move on to a more complex concept. I am not trying to prove anything wrong or right with these conceptualizations, I am just speculating what we’ve learned and what we know/don’t know. I am setting up a giant contradictory brainstorming operation. As you may notice while reading this, these ideas contradict one another in many ways, but seem quite logical in both ways, as well. Enjoy!

Just a reiteration of previously stated information: ‘0’ represents nothing; null; zero is a concept. Nothing /=/ Infinity; they are completely opposite concepts. BUT: Infinity = Infinity; everything works perfectly; in harmony; in a utopian manner; chaos is the random series and occurrence of events, which is still present. BUT: Infinity /=/ -(Infinity).

This goes back to PREX’s example of the number line; which expands infinitely in both directions. WHAT IF: I were to apply this number line example to the fourth dimension; time. According to what has been stated, if you proceed forward in the direction of the ever expanding universe (Positive direction of the number line) that is the concept of Infinity. BUT: What about a Negative Infinity? If you go the negative direction, relating to time, you will eventually hit a roadblock; how can there be a Negative Infinity in relation to time if you travel the negative distance of time back to nothingness? Would that be another zero? Yes, it would be Absolute Zero.
    This brings me to another aspect of this speculation. Light has no mass, because it is energy; the fastest traveling substance there every will be. What about the rate at which energy is developed from nothingness? That seems like it would be exponentially faster than the speed of light. It is; try thinking of it like this: (E=Mc²)^nth. Distribute that nth power and you have this: (E)^nth = (M)^nth x (c²)^nth. This is what these terms represent according to my speculation: (E)^nth is ALL energy that reacts with the speed of light and matter at every given moment before and during time factors. (M)^nth is ALL matter that ever was, is, and ever will be. (c²)^nth is the speed (or distance; or even velocity; or all of these?) at which the universe expands in all directions at an unknown rate. This formula, (E=Mc²)^nth is the formula for the fourth dimension. This is where Infinity = Infinity in perfect harmony. If this is correct, time is a distance, not a measurement of its own unitary system; I mean this in dimensional terms.
    Let’s skip back a little bit; Light has no mass because it is energy; energy preceded matter; etc, etc.

How does something travel a distance if the ability to travel requires energy? Does time consist of energy? I think not. Time is a representative value that doesn’t physically exist; but wait! Wouldn’t that be the zero dimension? Isn’t that a single representative point with no physical makeup, just a value? It is a dimension; dimensions have no physical makeup, they just exist. BUT: They CONSIST of physical makeup, and energy.
    In order for something to travel a physical distance, the laws of the fourth dimension must apply. Physical distance and time are mutually correlated.

It makes sense that when look at E=Mc², things sound like they work correctly. Everything is explained. What this equation represents is a direct byproduct of Time. Absolute Zero is the cease of all molecular motion as we know it. Remember earlier when I said that Time has no physical make up? Remember earlier when I said that traveling the negative route in time to the point of initial nothingness would reach absolute zero? How does a concept that applies to molecular motion, apply to something that doesn’t have molecular structure? Dimensions merely exist. Completely vague and unsatisfying.

19. #19 ArtOfTheCarbine, Mar 1, 2011
    Here is the example stated earlier to help you understand things better: (E=Mc²)^-nth This is Time in Polarity, or distance in a negative direction.
    What if there was a dimension in which time moved in both directions, positive and negative, simultaneously at a constant and equal rate, a constant and equal value(s) where all aspects are the same, except the fact that they are moving in opposite directions. If this is true and this dimension were to exist, then Infinity = -(Infinity) BUT WTF?! At the beginning of this lecture, Infinity /=/ -(Infinity) And now it has turned out to be this: (E=Mc²)^nth = (E=Mc²)^-nth. It doesn’t make sense.
    WHAT IF: I did this: [(E=Mc²)^inth] x [(E=Mc²)^-nth = 0 I am multiplying Time in a positive direction by time in a negative direction and setting it equal to zero. But wait, zero? Zero is nothingness; my point exactly. You can subtract the Time in polarity to make it look like this: [(E=Mc²)^inth] = [(E=Mc²)^-nth Well, by laws of mathematics you can cancel out the two ‘E=Mc²’ equations and then you are left with this: 0^nth = 0^-nth WHAT THE F***? There it is again! Time in two completely opposite directions are coexistent! Could it be possible that time in all directions is existing RIGHT NOW?
    Here we go again, boys and girls. The speed (Or distance?) at which the universe expands is this: (C²)^nth. This is an unknown value. It contains infinity which is the concept of everything, but when used in con junction with the speed of light as an exponent, you have the speed (Or distance?) at which energy is created, and then the speed/distance at which matter is created in one seemingly simple concept. I am stumped at this point in my speculation.

Here is something I just came up with a few minutes ago while writing this article.
    WHAT IF: I were to do this with Zero: 1/(0)^nth. This is ONE divided by zero; zero being to the nth power (Not including one). What happens there?

WHAT IF: You do just the opposite of what was done previously: 1/(Infinity)^0. This is one divided by Infinity, where zero is to the infinite power. Remember when your Algebra teacher said everything to the zero power is one? Wrong. Everything with a set value to the power of zero is one. Infinity has no value, it is a concept. What would it be equal to? This is something I developed called exponential nothingness.

Infinitely intriguing! One giant cluster f*** of contradictions and patterns; I LOVE IT!

20. Amazing. Well said. I have some pondering to do when I smoke a blunt later :) Thank you.