• by N3Wstrain
  • Feb 28 2011 02:36 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• N3Wstrain
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:36 AM

I have roughly 3 grams of Violator Kush that I'd like to turn into my first batch of butane honey oil...

I'm just wondering that since I'm using full premium bud and not shake or low quality stuff will I get a decent yield out of just 3 grams of bud?
Replies (9)

• I Me WE

• tuchaka
  • Gold Member
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:03 AM

this thread might be of help for you

http://forum.grassci...-info-here.html

• N3Wstrain
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:04 AM

Thanks bro!

• I Me WE

• tuchaka
  • Gold Member
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:05 AM

sure np

• N3Wstrain
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

I would still like more information on yield. I only have 1 300ml can of Calibri Butane and about 3grams of Violator Kush. I want to get as much possible but do I have to do 2 washes?

• bam shabam

• waitwtf
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 782 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

If you ask in that thread, you should get an answer pretty soon. It's always active. Good luck, I plan on making some with my first harvest!

• Deerocks13
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

You can do two washes, the second one won't be as good though, and you'll only add like a .1 to the outcome though. What are you using as a blasting tube? 3 grams is awful small to be running through a normal tube since it should be packed evenly and tight.

• N3Wstrain
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

You can do two washes, the second one won't be as good though, and you'll only add like a .1 to the outcome though. What are you using as a blasting tube? 3 grams is awful small to be running through a normal tube since it should be packed evenly and tight.

Packed tightly eh? So it's not even worth making? I was going to use a plastic pepper shaker as a tube but ppl say to avoid plastic yet the head shop sells these spaced aged plastic tubes for making oil.:confused:

• burri121
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:58 PM

i thought u need like 2 oz of shake to make BHO???!!!

• Deerocks13
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

No, you can use any amount of bud to make bho. If you are doing small runs, a lot of people use downstems as tubes, since they're made out of glass and pretty small. I would avoid using plastic if possible. If you get some more bud, you can always use the tried and true stainless steel turkey baster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved