ReVolt digital ballasts

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by soxphan29, Feb 26, 2011.

1. :hello:

It arrived this morning!
    [​IMG]
    The new tools of the trade

[​IMG]
    Small, not too heavy-ish, and yes, it has a fan.​

I hope to have it up and running this weekend...

Thanks everyone for the input & suggestions!

2. ...And it died this morning. :(

Last week the 75% and 50% power settings failed. 100% (600w) seemed fine till this morning. I had to move the Pro-Grow 260 LED to replace the now defunct HPS.

At less than a year old, here's to hoping for a 'hassle free' warranty.

3. Damn that sucks, not even a full half year and the unit took a shit. I hope they dont give you a hard time about replacing it. :-/ Let us know what happens

4. Call me impressed. Though I have to add, that I've always had exceptional service from the Gotham staff in any dealings I've had with them.

I explained the issue and got an email back that they've heard of no other failures. That response made me a little nervous, but I continued on in a reply email and mentioned the trouble-shooting steps I took to eliminate any possibility of human error.

This morning I received note that they are sending out a replacement & a return tag.

An immense weight has been lifted.

5. Hells yeah, it is soooo nice when a company stand behind the products they sell. BTW my 1000w ReVolt have been working flawlessly so far into my 2nd grow.

6. I have a revolt only had it for a few days its a 400w but seems to work good so far. Guy at gotham said the fuses some times blow. but they do really good customer service so they will replace it for you. Im happy with mine so far

7. i just joined and im "downsizeing and i already paid for it be for reading the posts......
    but all seams good!!

8. im just getting into growing and we going to purchase the same kit everyone is talking about here because they are one of the few people that ship to Canada. I was just wondering if everyone is still pleased with what they are using or used or if they are still working seeing how some of these posts are 3 years old

9. I just bought a 600w kit from them without the hood (decided to go name brand locally on this since it was almost same price).

Ive had it running at full power 24/7 for about 3 weeks and everything is working great. The bulbs it came with seem a little cheap but shit for $15 each they will work for now and be back ups later.

10. Did the guys who got the ballast and said will get back to us possibly have their houses burn down?

11. Haha possibly or they are a government ballast and they all got raided

12. Mines still going about a month old (knock on wood), just put in a nice Ushio bulb for flowering and it definitely looks brighter than the one it came with. I would look on craigslist though too if your trying to save $$, ive seen some good deals. Even though they obviously won't come with a warranty. (partially why I bought the revolt).

13. I bought a 400w ReVolt ballast off ebay as part of a package with a cool tube, etc. Used it for one full grow so far and I can say I have nothing to complain about. The ballast itself is reasonably small, quiet and stays cool. Ignited and ran both MH and HPS without issue. Haven't tried the dimming feature though. Time will be the true test obviously, but thus far my experience has been positive.