Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

When doctors ask: "Do you smoke?"

• Please log in to reply

Pngwyn

Pngwyn

• Registered Upgraded
  • 573 posts
What do you say?

Typically I say: "No, I don't smoke cigarettes", but I'm just wondering if when they ask you they mean any type of smoke inhalation?

I'm recovering from foot surgery and my doctor asked to make sure I didn't smoke, but he didn't say if he meant only cigarettes or otherwise. I'm not really sure if there's anything about smoking weed that would hinder my recovery (bone fusion in my foot).. but I'm not the most knowledgeable on the subject so any input would be appreciated :smoke:

married2mj

married2mj

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 5,748 posts
il say yes. its a doctor not your mom. at worst theyll advise you not to smoke but nothing more than that.

Ska

Ska

askaskaskaskaskaskaskask

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,720 posts
I say yes to both, but looking back, I sorta regret doing it because I have a weird feeling this sorta info gets into health insurance companies hands...

Even more reason to worry with Obomacare and whatnot.

BlazingHaze

BlazingHaze

Shit Son

• Gold Member
  • 10,411 posts

Pngwyn

Pngwyn

• Registered Upgraded
  • 573 posts
I guess I should do the same because there's doctor-patient confidentiality. I don't know.. I just never thought it was worth mentioning because I've always thought weed was harmless.

And I just felt weird telling a foot doctor that I smoke weed... it seemed very irrelevant at the time, but I want to recover asap.

detailed one

detailed one

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 5,049 posts
Why not they don't care. Don't be a an idiot and be like "hey doc I smoke pot can you subscribe me"

mushroomsatsuji

mushroomsatsuji

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 28,032 posts
Don't jut say "yes" because they will assume cigs. Don't be afraid to tell him everything. Lying is literally a matter of life and death. You don't want bad reactions...

Olesmoky

Olesmoky

Just a little cancer

• Bronze Member
  • 31,862 posts

carvinxb75

carvinxb75

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
i got asked if i do alcohol/drugs and if i forget things when i do alcohol/drugs, on a sheet of paper. i circled yes. Then my indian doctor comes in the room, and asks what kind i do. i say cannabis, and he was cool, and just said don't drive on it. He asked nothing about frequency or anything... bet he puffs that hindu kush:smoke:
  • kudu22 likes this

BlazingHaze

BlazingHaze

Shit Son

• Gold Member
  • 10,411 posts

grimtoker

grimtoker

o_O

• Bronze Member
  • 3,098 posts

Cubs Guy17

Cubs Guy17

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,888 posts

Are you usually bent ova for that or do ya just like laying on your stomach? Cuz I like being on my stomach

Don't we all

Olesmoky

Olesmoky

Just a little cancer

• Bronze Member
  • 31,862 posts

NancyReagan

NancyReagan

Just Charlie Sheenin' it

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,161 posts

I prefer laying on my stomach too, it keeps me from getting hard with a finger up my ass. The last thing I need is some queer doctor trying to have sex with me.

You sure?? ;)
  • 4Sheezy likes this

Olesmoky

Olesmoky

Just a little cancer

• Bronze Member
  • 31,862 posts

• BlazingHaze likes this

Chewbracca

Chewbracca

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

I say yes to both, but looking back, I sorta regret doing it because I have a weird feeling this sorta info gets into health insurance companies hands...

Even more reason to worry with Obomacare and whatnot.

wait so you dont like health insurance companies or obamacare...
  • windowPanes likes this

BlazingHaze

BlazingHaze

Shit Son

• Gold Member
  • 10,411 posts

windowPanes

windowPanes

another nice Man, Gathering Dust.

• Bronze Member
  • 6,206 posts

Pngwyn

Pngwyn

• Registered Upgraded
  • 573 posts
Haha thanks for the tip. I'm not really worried about insurance.. more like my doctor is this woman that reminds me of my mom and it feels super weird telling her I smoke when I'd never tell my mom that I did haha.

thomasman

thomasman

bankai.

• Bronze Member
  • 4,561 posts

• BlazingHaze likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users