Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can smoking cause flu like symptoms?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Antipoetic, Feb 22, 2011.

1. So, I don't smoke that often so I don't have much of a tolerance. The main reason is that it makes me cough like crazy.

Well a friend brought over a vape and I vaped Way more than I should have (I underestimated the potency) and I woke up with flu symptoms that got progressively worse throughout the day.

I would normally think it was a coincidence, but it's happened to me before. Is there any reason for this?

2. Nah the flu is probably worse. You got too high for your tolerance. With a vape you need to take it verrryyy slow cuz ya get higher off lower amounts. Also try to eat like some hours before too cuz sometimes smokin on an empty stomach can ef you up. Keep a bottle of agua too. I hate getting too high and sick(i cant stress that enough)

3. Flu symptoms? Yes

-Extreme tiredness
    -Cough/sore throat
    -Runny nose

But it won't give you a flu if that's what you meant.

4. smoking can temporarily paralyze cilia which causes flu like symptoms, or sinus infections.

5. I get a stuffy and runny nose somtimes when i smoke. thats it

6. dude it's spring, called allergies man