Do cigarettes/toxins/flesh of an animal hinder spiritual enlightenment?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Word, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Burning plant matter of any nature produces tar and byproduct. Although I'm an admitted addict, I still recognize burning tobacco in any form can't be good for my physical or spiritual being if I'm that reliant on it, ya know?

2. Yeah I really wanna try an e-cig, I've heard a lot of good feedback from it. As far as growing goes, yeah, never tried it, shouldn't be that hard though. Might get some time getting use to smoking wise though.

3. A moment of clear thought maybe. The personal reality is needed to give the term meaning, something commonly recognizeable. A elegont state of your being doesnt, very grand idea though.

4. Enlightenment as a whole and whether or not it "exists" isn't the purpose of this thread. I appreciate your contribution, but it's more or less a skeptic trying to walk into a thread about seances and ghosts.

(PS I believe in corporeal manifestations of the dead in this realm AS WELL. :eek:)

5. The air you breathe is toxic. Your tap water is loaded w/ pharmaceuticals.

From the moment you are born life is just a slow walk to death.

What does "toxic" really mean?

6. Volatile substances that aid quickly in death or other debilitation more than that of what you're naturally exposed to? Substances that make your "slow walk to death" more hasty or less pleasurable/fulfilling?

7. And you think cigarettes and meat fall into that category?

8. Absolutely. :) And this coming from a chainsmoking carnivore!

9. I dont believe the meat falls into the 'toxic/bad for you' catagory, but its included since those who seek enlightenment do not believe in consuming other life.

10. I think it has it's physical tolls. Atleast for me, that is.
    I cycle on and off meat and usually when I stop I notice I feel a lot less sluggish and fatigued during the day, more energy, etc... Just my observation.

But yeah, as of now it's more of the fact that it comes out of the death of another lifeform that sort of has me pondering the whole thing.

11. lol I dont think I could stop long enough to see if thats true or not

12. No.

MelT

13. I'm not quoting this as fact, especially for the more skeptical people, but I atleast find what she's saying about animals, plants, etc.. interesting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-iYmd3D-Og]YouTube - Growing your Light Body[/ame]

"...we have spoken before many times about the importance of consuming like-vibratory foods. the natural food of the earth contain codes within them, within the DNA and throughout the animal or plant's own resonance field that creates activation within the human body.
    light creates light."

"one must consume the ascending foods.
    ---for there are plant materials and animal foods that are not ascending within the correct frequency as the planet. the animals that hold fear vibration will hold the opposite frequency within their dna and fields."

--the 'light body' does best on very small amounts of animal protein, if any at all, and it is the plant foods that are the most in alignment within the light body."

"plants are the foods that hold the highest 'light quotient."

oh and,

"water is the fluid of choice for ascending one."

Again, not saying this should be counted as scientific backing or whatever, but I find it sort of on par with what I'm saying on a spiritual level.

14. I think they do for spirtuality you should be fully conecius and should have silence around you as in meditation

15. So are you saying these things impede meditative focus for you?

16. #36 Echoes of Floyd, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
    hahaha jesus. I remember giving up cigarettes, fast food, fucking mountain dewww, and just everything disgusting for this new workout program called P90X. And I can definitelyyyy say theres a HUGE boost of motivation, energy, and overall you feel healthy. On a spiritualistic standpoint I can't say any personal experiences. You are more healthier and have more energy so I'm sureee theres some connection to them. As energy and spiritual enlightenment go hand in hand.

But have you tried deep meditation for enlightenment?

17. In my own "personal reality", everywhere there is life, Life consumes Life in order to survive and propagate. Whether it's plants, animals, microbes... all life is constantly in a state of consuming and being consumed while it is also busy making copies of itself. This is a pattern reflecting the greater workings of the universe as a whole. From a simple food chain, to Plate Tectonics, to the lives of the stars and galaxies, all is in a state of death and renewal, a vast recycling project. At some point we are all made from the same stuff, we are all one. So, is there really such a material thing that can hinder something that is not a material thing at all, but something of the spirit?

18. In my opinion, yes. Processed and manufactured substances, foods, etc.. are all "unnatural" (I use the term loosely) to what should ideally be entering our bodies and minds. I've eaten raw foods for a period of two months solely and from my experience when I returned to my "unnatural" food products it felt like a huge burden being placed on my body. So I guess if you believe there's a connection between spirit and physical being, while one prospers, the other does as well.

The video I posted above also touched on genetically altered foods saying that the geometric patterning of all food is distorted when it is genetically altered. How does everyone feel about that? I don't even eat seedless grapes so maybe I'm biased.

I have and try to regularly, but like I said, I think the way I treat my body... err... 'temple,' if you will, has sort of had me plateaued in exploring my mind. Almost like a barrier, if that makes sense. So I guess my thought might be if I removed all these external stimuli that I've deemed harmful (smoking, etc) I might push past that barrier.

19. "To have to fight the instincts - that is the definition of decadence: as long as life is ascending, happiness equals instinct."
    Nietzsche

20. Not sure I agree with ol' friedrich on that one.
    Opium/Heroin addicts live in decadence fueling their addictions, but it doesn't make it any less destructive for them in the long run.

Although I do like the quote. Reminds me of crowley's "the key to joy is disobedience!" :p