2011 Organic Outdoor Grow: Northern California

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by washedmothafuka, Feb 18, 2011.

1. its looking like a good start man

2. soo nice man im defff subbed :) looks like tis gonna be a nice season and i cant wait to see :)

3. Subbed for this one. I live in nor cal as well, but the weather is still shit. I'm not going into the ground, but I am doing an outdoor grow. Just on my deck. Just started my journal for that one. Stop by and take a look . I have another grow about 3 weeks into flower indoor under a 1000w HPS. Link is in my sig as well.

Keep it up looking good

4. Thanks, yup just a start. Bout to germ all my seeds :rolleyes:

Thank you brotha. More than a nice season, a spectacular one. I'll be following yours closely as well, that is quite the seed pick up you just got delivered :p

I shall stop by sometime. Can't go wrong with a good ol' porch grow.
    The weather is starting to get more mild around my area, like high 50's to mid 60's daytime and mid 40's to low 50's during night.

I gave my girl her first trimming. I have 3 visible nodes, with the fourth growing and the fifth like just barely starting to grow. So I cut the 5th node I believe and we will see what happens.

Day 16:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. cant wait to see the super soil in action...So G.C. has 2 super soil users cant wait guys.. if I see great results im going to try supersoil next year or even in a indoor setup...must be great just to use regular water

6. Train that little beauty!! Shes looking great by the way.

7. looking killer man :) she has grow sooo much in the last 4 days :) such a nice healthy green she must be LOVING the warm weather outside :p

8. hey ill take that plant off your hand haha jp nice man damn make us newbs jealous i see how it is haha super nice man

9. your from southern ontario arent you :p i see that 1519 that means london, or waterloo/kitchener :p

10. lol no im from North Carolina near appalachian mountains the 1519 is just a number i made up

11. Yessir, I went with chemicals my first grow and even though I flushed and the smoke was smooth it still had that chemical aroma to it, I am more into the flavor of the bud and like it when a strain actually taste like THE strain.

By train do you mean LST or FIM/Top? or both? I FIM'ed it yesterday on the 5th node, the growth has been somewhat slow now, just waiting to see if I created multiple new stems. As for LST, I was thinking about starting in the next week or so, what you think?

That she has, I actually left her outside too long because I was at work until 9pm, she was in the mid 40's for a few hours and began to developing a slight purplish hue on the new growth. Haven't even been able to put her outside as much as I wish.

You wish :p
    Believe it or not I still consider myself a newb with a slight green thumb. I have only grown one other time a few years back but I am so into Ecology and Botany that I am pretty much always looking up specifics on how to grow so I don't mess up. The key to success is lots of planning and a detailed background in the subject.

Anyways, here is the beginning of the start. I'll probably pop them in the soil within the next 24-36 hours, and then post updates once they begin to poke their heads out ~ 4-5 days depending on the seed.

[​IMG]

Peace,
    Washed

12. yeah thats what i want to do learn as much about it as i can i worked on my site 2 or 3 months ahead of time i decided to do this sometime around december and then i went out with a machette and dream haha

13. Yea sorry i meant lst she is just begging for it. Im all about lst though dont plan on growing a plant with out it. Obviously your call though haha.

14. I feel that buddy cant wait to see how it goes. is it more expensive fully organic like your doing? I know advance would be way more, we all know that...but im running the full foxfarm line would it been cheaper to go organic?

15. #55 washedmothafuka, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2011
    Well a lot of ingredients I bought I can use for many more grows, so it may be a bit more of an initial investment but in the long run you can keep reusing the soil, and it gets better with time.

At this point in time your probably best using the Fox Farms, to go all organic you would need to mix up a super soil and then let it sit for a good month or so before using.

So I have been LSTing the past day simply because I might as well make my mistakes on this bagseed. It seems to like it so far. However, I brought my plant in from outside and it had a tiny orange spider, not spider mite but something else. Anyways here is about two and a half weeks. After Fim and train, upward growth is close to nothing while it continues to bush.

I also filled the top inch of the pot with 50/50 Sunshine and worm castings, and some extra perlite.

Edit: I LST'ed her a bit more drastically just for you anonymous...let's hope it doesn't bite me in the butt :smoke: Here is the fixed LST, you can see the side growth starting, still no new growth from the fimmed location....not even a new set of leaves.

Day 18:
    [​IMG]

If you look REALLY closely in the second picture I think you can see where I fimmed just to the left of the copper wire where the stem kinda just stops.

[​IMG]

16. dang man what a healthy looking stem

17. Id say maybe bend her a little more and she might respond a little better ive seen pictures of people doing it much more drastically.

18. All of my seeds have cracked by this morning ~36 hours since I began. However, only two have their tap roots a good 1/4 inch out, those being Ice, and the PPP. Keeping them warm under a couple of CFL's while in a plastic baggy to keep the ever so important moisture in. It is most likely that I will come back from work tonight at midnight and the other four should be long enough to plant. Anyways, things are pretty slow going. Toke on.

19. yeah same here on the slow going but hey thats one life lesson it teaches you patience lol but im sure they will be dank none the less

20. Yea dude that looks good she should respond well to that those leaves should start standing up.