2011 Organic Outdoor Grow: Northern California

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by washedmothafuka, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Those are some pretty buds!

2. never checked out your grow before...good job man, enjoy...i literally just spent an hour going through 33 pages of forum lol....well done, and thanks for all the pics/vid

3. great grow WMF...kept me up until 4:45am...those babies just kept getting better and better, hey. I had to put the like button away!

and yeah - from a convo with you in another thread - going through someone else's journal is VERY helpful for newbies like me.....thanks for including the good, bad and the ugly...top job!

4. FYI, bat guano destroys ecosystems and is technically organic, but very destructive to the environment. Most bats in the nest die. Natural fish emulsions may be more expensive, but I use to work for an organic farm (the farmers market type) and they wouldn't use bar guano because of how bad it is.

5. Nope.

Fuck yeah!! Pulled like a pound and a half and lost about 1/2-3/4 of a pound to mold. The drying outdoors sucked a dick this year. I tried to do the same thing I did two years back by hanging them in a tent under a tree. But because the mold was already inside the stems it just spread and when i came back a week or two later, it had all completely molded.:( Live and learn.

Thanks Dawg! Looking back, I am pretty happy with some of the pictures I got, quite a beautiful plant in all stages of growth.

Yeah man no problem. Glad to see I could help. It's journals like these that got me to where I am now. Makes me feel good I can help people that I don't even know.

Woah!!! I remember when I would stay up until the early hours of the morning reading up on shit and trying to get all the information I could read. But 4:45! That's some commitment. Sounds like you'll be a great grower if your putting this much time into research and journals. Shoot me a PM if you ever get a grow started and do a journal. I'd like to watch.

Please, for the love of god post a link to your madness....here is mine.

"Bat Guano is high in nitrogen and trace nutrients, and is safe to use around children and pets. Among other uses, Bat Guano serves as an excellent supplemental fertilizer for flowers and potted plants and an effective compost activator. Bat Guano---One of Nature's most complete plant foods."

I even looked up "Farmers market and Bat guano" and apparently there are online farmers markets that sell bat guano. So I ask you again...HOW THE HELL is bat guano destructive to ecosystems. Especially when it has been composted...if anything it is HELPFUL.

6. Where is your link? That was just what someone said on yahoo answers. Yahoo isn't an authority on anything on anything dude, it's a little site where people answer random questions.

Here is what wikipedia says:

"Research in Jamaica has shown that mining for bat guano is directly related to the loss of bat species, associated invertebrates and fungi, and is the greatest threat to bat caves on the island."

Not only that, but it further links the use of bat guano to mercury and other hazardous minerals appearing in the water table.

Yes, it is a great fertilizer and is technically organic since it naturally appears in the earths environments. But all I'm saying is that there are some very bad sides to this product.

It's not a criticism of your grow.

7. I totally understand that. Yet they are cutting down thousands of trees daily and I continue to buy toilet paper, paper towel, and all other kinds of deforestation products. As I am sure you do as well. For everything good that is made, something else bad has to happen.

If I were to stop using bat guano. It would not do anything. People would continue to harvest it and sell it for agriculture. I see what you are saying, but one person isn't going to do anything. I'll look into alternate sources of nutrients, but I still have another half gallon of guano left that I aint going to throw away.

8. For sure. I probably should be listening more and not just say random stuff. Huge fields of orange trees etc are filled with bat guano. I bet it is a negligible amount you're using. I'd probably use it if it wasn't very much. I am new so I need to figure this out.

9. Hey man, I appreciate the information though. I had never heard of that and when you mentioned it I did some research and found a lot of interesting things. I will for sure be looking into some other sources of nutrients besides bat guano.

Even if it's just a minute amount I would be preventing...I'd still be doing something. My mom and dad recycle there used paper towels for christ sake. I ask them if they really think they are making a difference. And their thought is that...if everybody thinks that they aren't going to make a difference then nobody is going to do the right thing. But if people slowly start to do the right things then it actually makes a difference as a whole. Not sure if this makes sense lol.

10. Totally makes sense man, it's hive mentality and it works.

Looking forward to seeing how your girls turn out this year, I have big plans for mine.