North Carolina Potheads

Discussion in 'General' started by dysba, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Thanks for the reply. Being new to the area I have yet to experiance the most sought after bud that you speak of. I am familiar with the slow movement that has and is occurring but i am refering to a more diverse medical program that is years behind other states. More specifically being that my wife has many long term injuries ranging from brain, back, jaw, unbearable constant nerve pain ,and sleep issues from a bad car accident. Her being able to replace 10 different prescription medications with a must more effective, less side effect alternative is not legally an option in the southeast is very frustrating. So yes baby steps is movement, but other states are near completion of the marathon.

Looking around the map of bordering states, I see zero with the amount of progress and acceptance that's here in NC, especially the WNC area.

Don't stand on the sidelines and gripe about the turtle pace of progression compared to western states. Get involved. These things don't just 'work themselves out', there are a lot of people and industry behind the activism that helps push things along. I can empathize with your need for safe access here, which is exactly what NORML is about. There is a NORML chapter in Asheville.

3. I would like to be more involved, but ashville is two and a half hours from me so thats not really an option for me at this time while not working to ensure my wifes rehab progress. I will look into though it though, thanks for the info.

4. Hell yea man its awesome to see such a huge thread about NC ive lived in charlotte almost my hole life and i wouldent give it for anything. Queencity lovin!

5. Fuquay/Cary Stoner here.

6. #1206 Cupidswife, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Jacksonville stoner here. Moved here to live with my marine hubby. Dont get out often on account that we only have one vehicle. would absolutely love to find any other stoners in the area.

7. #1207 Largofool, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    Cary/morrisville checking in. Moved here in feb from pg county maryland( dc metro area) for a job and I've been traveling there about once a month to get situated due to me not knowing anyone but family down here. Only social life is colleagues forreal and since I work nights none of the other 7 I work with are lookers. Is the 3.5 hr trip to Asheville worth it for the quality and prices?

8. hit me up if you're in the raleigh/durham area! would love to meet some people with similar interests!

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407503557.319230.jpg

Blue dream

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Sour d . Love smoking this legend of a strain. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407763024.175806.jpg

11. Boone NC what's up :)

I just can't believe you can't find any up there. Jeez it's all over the ASU campus.

13. Well, I'm not here as a student so I'm not making quick connects through classmates- I think yesterday was actually move in day for students, so maybe soon I can hit up king street and find something.

Don't even need to wait that long. Go to any watering hole (I won't name specific businesses...) around the campus where college age/type are at, finding bud won't be hard, especially if you are female. I'd say the very same about Asheville, if you were looking here...go to some places downtown. Same deal for Boone.

15. I'll check it out :)
    To be honest, I was at a party last night where I could smell it in one of the rooms. Unfortunately I then found out (after arriving and having carpooled there) that most of the people there were underage. So I spent the evening sober knowing that if the fuzz showed up, I'd have to run or risk getting charged with providing shit to minors that I didn't even bring... Damn high school kids.

16. Ready for this? Every person I've talked to today told me they don't smoke. Including the four dudes I caught COMING OUT OF A SMOKE SHOP.
    Jesus fuck I know I'm a white girl but do I really look that much like a cop in my tie dye and sweats?

17. Moving out to the coast this weekend. Can't wait to see what bud it has to offer.

18. Football season almost here who's down for a meet and greet (and eat) at a bar Sunday afternoon/evenings in the raliegh durham area?

19. 910 girl here. Lived here most of my life, but lately I've been looking for new smoke buddies. Do you live on or off base?

20. Yo guy I'm from raleigh I'm actuAlly new to the area we should chill and smoke some time