Proof of Evolution: Humans are Evolving

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by ismokecannabis, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ^ I would disagree for this reason. The people of nepal/ high altitudes evolved in reaction to a drastic change in environment. Think of how much the entire world has changed in the past 100 years (as you just stated). I would argue it would be very unlikely that our brains won't compensate in some way for the ridiculous increase in information and substances we are consuming. Whether that change will be beneficial or not, is yet to be determined.

2. Well, I have to disagree with you about a few parts.

Namely, that liars and cheaters are trying to make the world a better place, not worse, as you seem to think, your consciousness it just being challenged by these people with a different set of morals, and look at the situation of the world, nobody shares, those people that you consider who are trying to make the world a better place, simply because it is awkward to ask and to do, so my point is that what a better way to break into the field of distrobution than stealing?

I mean, look at the situation, this greedy machine you are talking about, is producing products at a ridiculously fast rate, so fast, that we don't even have the time to learn how to use the things that we have, or revert back to simpler things to learn how to craft materials for ourselves.

In such a world, don't you think that all of these things should simply be given to people?

Can you actually imagine a world where new cars are being produced every year, and people still don't steal from eachother?

The point is, we should use the things we have.

3. I have to say I also agree with you though, I think that we are telepathic, I think it is obvious, it is as if using your senses. and that the whole world suffers from incredible disbelief.

I was watching the Shining, and it is talked about in there, remember the scene where that black guy says that buildings can shine too?

I think that was a hint that we can actually leave psychic residue.

4. It's not evolution it's adaption...

Evolution took place at much earlier times but to use the word in the common era isn't quite appropriate

5. @chronik5 - I said that we are evolving, not that we have evolved. Right now, true, it is adaption but adaption is part of evolution is it not?

@Creepy Stalker - I would completely disagree with your first post then agree with the second. I do not think lying and stealing is going to ever make a better world. Perhaps their intentions are good, I can definitely understand their reasoning, and maybe I don't know enough to really decide, but deception has always been the downfall of humanity. Even if that deception is originally used to bring a positive change it will continue and lead to the negative thing it nearly always is in human society. A white lie is usually called that by somebody trying to justify their actions, but is hardly ever actually a true 'white lie'.

I just think that, with the resources available today, we could at least make a positive world before people have to die, instead of a miserable one with painful deaths... the (for what I can figure) people who want to do this have really caused it so why do they deserve to live and do this to everyone else. It should be the other way around. Like you said, people really are telepathic, and they will not allow this. People might not know what is really going on but most of the time they will react as if they do, so I expect it won't be pleasent to try and do what I believe they will try to do.

Maybe we can figure out a better way but it seems the people making the decisions are too greedy and ignorant to admit where they've gone wrong..

(anyone reading this take it with a grain of salt.. you might not understand but you probably shouldn't or don't want to anyway)

6. What do you think the so called "missing link" is. There is none! That was us going into the second level. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xle4r3WpQaI]YouTube - ‪Spirit Science 11 - Evolution‬‏[/ame] This video (and all his lessons) will teach you a lot on these events and I HIGHLY suggest everyone watch it. The government knows about this and are trying to reverse it with fluoride in the water, the attempt of lithium, and barium in the sky from chemtrails. All these chemicals dumb down the brain but what they don't know is that this is irreversible and will happen no matter what. The next few years are going to be a lot more interesting then a nuclear war or meteorite or whatever crap they try to feed us.

7. all hail the great annunaki, slavery is good as long as the slaves are bad people.

8. Psstt...you don't need to create a new species for evolution to occur.

9. #49 chiefton8, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
    I stopped listening to that video once it proclaimed paranormal phenomena are proven to be real.

[imagine tin foil hat pictured here portraying how silly this claim is]

10. If I see one more fucking tin foil hat picture I swear to god... delete that please it's just unnecessary and extremely insulting.

and paranormal phenomenon is a very broad catagory, which I agree has not been proven, but based on how many people have witnessed something that would fit into that catagory (which I've listened to a bunch of first hand experiences that are pretty obviously not made up) I would say it would be foolish to dismiss it as craziness. Sure a lot of it is probably dilusional people who think they saw a ghost but I garentee not all of it is like that at all.

but most of all just get the disrespect out of my thread, it's not productive. Maybe you could provide evidence that he's full of shit? Or is that too difficult...

just sayin man. no hard feelings.

11. Terrence McKenna said,

"These corrupt people in power will fail. There will be no New World Order. You walk by these political buildings at nights and all the rooms are filled with light. They are furiously trying to hold onto this world as it slips from the fingers. They are simply reacting. Reacting to something governed and ruled by something greater [universe]."

People will wake up.
    Something will happen very soon that will be like a [nuclear blast] going off on all the television sets across the world.

The power of love will overcome the love of power.

12. #52 chiefton8, Jun 29, 2011
    My evidence is his absolute lack of evidence. You can't make something up, claim it truth, and then demand that anyone who disagrees with you must provide irrefutable evidence to the contrary in order for the original statement to be false. That's not how science works, and seeing how this is the Science and Nature forum and not the Religion and Philosophy forum, I would think this would be pretty obvious. I mean, do I seriously need to provide scientifically peer reviewed data that the following assertion isn't true:

:rolleyes:

And when a video states that paranormal activity has been proven to be true and this is a fundamental reason or basis for completely revolutionizing everything we know about evolution that is based on hundreds of years of scientific observations, a flag has been raised in my mind, as it should in your's. Again, asserting that something is true until proven otherwise is not how science works. Apologies if the tin foil hat offended you, it wasn't directed at you...:bongin:

13. Uh so maybe he's kinda wrong about one thing or missaid something idk but what he has to say is very interesting and for whatever reason (probably because I've learned it before or possibly because we all know this information in our higher dimensional selves, or coming from the collective unconscious who knows) it makes a lot of sense to me. So you don't agree with a line he said. Listen to the whole thing and then make your opinion or stay ignorant.

14. The abcense of evidence is not the evidence of abcense.

That being said, I agree with what you are saying, but always remember, just because something hasn't been proven true yet, doesn't mean it isn't true. At least keep an open mind. Listen to the video, think about it, and if you don't agree don't say it's crazy, because really you can't prove it's not true so the scientific conclusion is that there is no specific conclusion that can be reached at this point in time.

edit: and also, thanks and much respect for removing that image. The whole tin foil hat thing was funny the first time but after seeing it posted a million times on anything that might possibly kinda be like a conspiracy theory, it just makes me rage haha

15. #55 javan, Jun 29, 2011
    Completely agree.

Look at quantum mechanics/physics--

The "double-slit" experiment proves that there was an interference pattern on the wall when shooting 1 electron at a time, meaning that there were tons of different ways the electron was acting... BUT!

When they put a measuring device in front to see what was happening, the electron acted differently.. as if it knew it was being watched.

Science PROVES these things happen... but they don't know WHY.

Humans are naturally afraid of the unknown, we want to control our lives.

When we learn to STOP FEARING, we will have peace on Earth, we will end corruption, and we will allow our scientific community the essential space to more effectively explore these things.

Religion and Government are in full opposition of this new perspective, this new way of thinking. They want to control.

But the reality is, none of us are in control.
    The universe and its laws are much bigger than we are.

16. @Javan I remember that experiment and actually the reason was I don't remember but there was a reason, an error in the way they did the test in some way, so it wasn't unexplained... but your point is valid.

17. Proof of evolution look at animals.

I just got lizards and realized how similiar looking to frogs they are besides the body shape.

18. Tell that to grandmastersmit in the evolution debunked thread hahaha

19. @ ismokecannabis

Hmm, I'll have to look into it more! Thanks for clarifying that man.

But yes, people are so concerned about the micro world (TV, fashion, "dumb shit") - we overlook, or dismiss away topics in conversation about:

- Government corruption
    - The spirit / meditative benefits
    - Laws of attraction / Universal consciousness
    - DMT: The Spirit Molecule
    - Quantum mechanics
    - 2012 and evolution.. etc

These to me are the most fascinating things, and if there was a large enough amount of people focusing their energy and brainpower towards these concepts, we would allow ourselves the means to better explore them and utilize this "dark matter" :)

20. #60 chiefton8, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011
    OK dude, I powered through that whole video. Before I begin, let me say this: you have the right to believe whatever you want when it comes to this things like your "higher dimensional selves" and "collective conscious", but being a Science and Nature forum, I am going to approach this from a scientific perspective and explain why that video is total bullshit (again, scientifically speaking).

Now...where do I begin. First off, science never "threw out" superstition. Science is about observing and measuring physical phenomena. If science cannot repeatedly observe and predict future outcomes of a particular phenomena (like paranormal activity), then science cannot address it. It's not some conspiracy among the scientific community to not study it.

While there were many other points that I would like to nit pick, their discussion of DNA is the biggest scientific fallacy. To begin with, their evidence that humans are about to make some big evolutionary leap is based on the finding that some kid was recently born with never before seen triple helical DNA. There are two problems with this assertion. First, it is unclear to me how one child born with such severe mental and physical disabilities to the point where he will probably die before he reaches adolescence is evidence that we are evolving into some higher state of being.

Second, the kid doesn't have triple stranded DNA. The reason the people making this video think he has a triple helix DNA is because the media articles say the kid has an "extra strand". Biochemically, the "extra strand" referred to here is not a triple helix, but rather an additional fragmented copy of a chromosome, in this case chromosome 7. This condition is known as partial trisomy and has been known about for decades.

Then the video goes on to say that because this kid has triple helix DNA (which is not true), they make the extrapolation that humans once had twelve-helix DNA and ten of these strands were inactivated into junk DNA, thus explaining the double helix of modern humans and the presence of junk DNA. 12-stranded DNA, scientifically speaking, is impossible. Yes, triple stranded DNA has been observed in short sequences and is known to be particularly unstable. Now add another 9 strands, all crammed into the same place that can barely fit 3 at one time. That's like cramming twelve people on one toilet and telling them to all shit at once. You can't just force 12 things into one space at one time. How would such a structure make base-pairs? How would it replicate and how would RNA be transcribed from it? If this DNA structure is true, then why does every single living organism have double stranded DNA, including the most primitive and slowly evolving single celled organisms (aka "living fossils" as they are known in the scientific world)? For those bacteria with only two strands, what happened to their "junk" DNA? Did they just get rid of it while we maintained our's? A very simple piece of evidence to to refute this claim is that if all our "junk" DNA and coding DNA came from the same original strand of twelve-helix DNA, then the junk DNA and coding DNA should have homologous sequences. However, this isn't true even after having sequenced the entire genome of not only humans, but primates and many eukaryotes. In addition, the math doesn't add up. How can 97% of our DNA come from 10 strands while 3% of our DNA came from 2 strands? The twelve helix DNA theory would suggest that 2/12 of our DNA, or 17%, should be useful DNA, yet only 3% is coding.

In short, there is no scientific validity for anything this video said. It simply starts off proclaiming the ignorance of science to make you feel skeptical about it, and then once it gets you in that weakened intellectual state it makes absurd and profound claims that you're all to eager to absorb. It's a complete sham my friend. Again, I am only scientifically speaking here. You are more than welcome to believe whatever you please and whatever makes you happy, and I will defend your right to do so. It's just that the video and everything in it has no scientific basis whatsoever, and therefore doesn't belong in the Science forum. :cool:

EDIT: After some reflection, the most irritating thing (scientifically speaking) about that video is that they claim they are simply building on the currently narrow views of scientists using a more open and enlightened mind. However, the reality is that they are flat out rejecting all that is science, substituting it with their own reality, and trying to convince you it could be true under the guise of science. As a scientist, I find this downright insulting.