First grow _ stealth micro grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by airhead888, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Feb 16

[​IMG]

see how i got that 120 there ready to put up

[​IMG]

its growin! but is it growing right? lol :smoke:

2. ya my first grow will be coming up soon but i have been doing a ton of research... i will be getting some ready to flower clones i think, in about a week or two.... we will probably be doing the screen in about the same time so ya ill be right there with you

3. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but you might want to get the lights a little closer to the plant so that she doesn't try to stretch and fall over. Try and get it within a few inches of the bulbs.

Your setup looks really sharp for a first time grow. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

4. when's the right time to start adding nutes please?

5. around the 2 week mark is usually a good time

6. From what i have been told by some big growers is the best time is after the plant has sprouted and stretched outs its first 3 finger leaf set. Then you can start with 1/4 strength nutes.

As for if your plant is growing right? Yes looks like it to me. It still has its shell on it . It will shed it eventually or you can carefully try and help it off. And i mean carefully. If it doesnt just pop right off with the slightest touch then leave it alone. Since the seedling is very delicate you dont want to disturb it too much.

What nute line are you going to be running?

7. Huh? Did I miss something?

I never said having an intake and exhuast equals negative pressure. I SAID, that he only needs fans on the exhaust outtake.preferably the exhaust is near the top so it takes out light heat since hot air rises and the intake would be at the bottom pulling cool air. Fans on the intake are pointless and complicate things and ruin negative pressure..

Or you can do it like I did and have two fans pushing on ONE exhaust with a carbon filter in between and a PASSIVE INTAKE so its ALWAYS negative pressure in the box.

Again, no need for intake fans.

8. AHHH HELP WHATS WRONG

came to check on it this afternoon and its all wilted over :confused:

[​IMG]

help pleasee
    i put a piece of cardboard under because i didn't want the little sprout to get all wet is that right?

9. looks like ur lights are too far away from the plants? keep em 3-4 inches

10. Thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind

The seed shell has come off now

My friend has some FloraGro by General Hydroponics
    Is that ok?

11. I'm moving it up towards the light right now thanks

12. I've raised my reservoir so that its now 4in away from the lights hopefully this helps!

[​IMG]

looks like its already helping though

[​IMG]

13. Adaptable I missed your input and look what happened :/
    I needa read everything!! EVERYTHINGG!!

14. [​IMG]

alright we're back on track!

is there any reason why the leave's curled? or is that just part of the growing process
    and should I try to keep the plant more upright? or will it grow straight on its own?
    I'm watering it with neutral water from a filtered tap that I left out for a couple days so it shouldnt be a water pH problem

Thanks in advance for the feedback! everything is appreciated

15. They don't actually appear to be wilted, she looks pretty healthy. Remember to keep those light in the sweet spot and you should be fine.

16. thanks for the piece of mind smoke alot
    I'll keep a close eyes on em leaves still

I just installed a second outtake so ventilation's better now everyone

[​IMG]

two intakes on the lower right, two outtakes on the left wall, and the 120mm black fan's just for circulation i guess

17. Lol no worries. What just happened is basically worst case scenario. It looks to be pretty healthy right now.

If heat isn't an issue I'd try and get it even closer to one of the lights. Light intensity drops off proportionally to the square of the distance to the source. In English that means that getting the plant from 4" to 2" will give you 4 times as much power. Get it to 1" and your light is now 16 times more effective. Keep her close the lights and she'll grow short and bushy and you'll end up with fuller denser buds.

18. And that box looks REALLY good.

Also, do you have a way of measuring pH and EC/TDS yet? You're definitely going to need a meter by the time you start adding nutes.

19. lookin good now that you have moved the lights closer to the plant. if the plant leaves start to taco then you need to give the plant more water. but you should be fine. how long do you think your gonna veg until you start to induce flowering?

20. thanks for the info i'll keep that in mind

hmm i'm not sure when i'm going to start vegging yet. since its a scrog i'll probably give it 2 weeks? or 3? what do you guys think