Outdoor Grow 2011: Biddy Early & Maroc

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by aw69, Feb 15, 2011.

1. East greenwich

2. Ah cool, I am down in the Narragansett area there are quite a few Rhode Islander's with grow journals this year.

3. Here is the plants at day 21 they seem small and the TNT Kush seems to be having a problem i dont know seems like a nitrogen deficiancy any ideas? The TNT Kush is the pictures with the brownish leaf. The other one is Venano and it looks very healthy but both look smallTell me how you they look.:smoke:
    These 2 are going to have to go outside next week with the whole week being around 60 in the day and over 40 at night. I want them to turn purple but hopefully they wont die.
    Im also starting the Biddy Early, Maroc, and Diagilo this weekend.
    Tell me what you think or any ideas?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

4. Yeah they do look small, don't know why, bigger potts maybee? I've got 3 about that size and they're only 14 days old

5. HUGE problem! I went to look at my 2 sprouts and the TNT kush one fan leaf is dry like when you touch it, it crumbles and falls. And my other one has brown and black spots. Any ideas? I don't know what's wrong ill post pictures later.

6. Here are the pictures the one with the dried out leaf is the TNT Kush and the other one is Venano which has very small black spots on it i dont know what it is and it was hard to get a picture it didnt really come out well but tell me what you think it could sound like. Going to put these two outside this weekend.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

7. Looks like you need more direct light and stop watering them.

Also check your ph as they look like they are starting to struggle from being overwatered and not enough direct light. Try to keep the temps up as well.

Hope that helps a bit.

8. What are the signs of being over watered? I thought that since it was dry that it needed more water

9. You don't want the soil to be wet just damp, I wait till the dirt on top looks dry, then I stick my finger in and dig a little if it is still dry I water. When they are in pots you don't want the water to run out the bottom. I go slow with the water and you can hear the soil suck it up. Kinda' cool when you're STONDED:smoke: You gotta remember it's a weed so it's pretty hardy.

10. Sadly my plants died :devious:. They were only the freebies though so now i started 4 female Vanilla Kush seeds and i still have (2) biddy early seeds and (1) Maroc seed and I think one more freebie and they are all femiinized i will post pictures later this week and i am putting them in the ground May 14th to avoid rain and the last frost date was supposedly May 7th. So if i just put a fence around a sunny area thats VERY safe with good soil thats basically it right or am i missing something. Of course i would do the normal routine (monitor Ph, water, etc.) Anyone?:confused:

11. Try to get the plants into the sunniest spot you have and keep the watering to a minimum. The more light they can get the better. RI is a tricky place to try an outdoor grow at the best of times, patience is the key for you.

:D

12. After putting my corn plants outside and deers came and ate em.. good lesson learned early rather than later. So i am making a shopping list, we already have a great spot no worries about that in addition ill get..
    1) 4ft tall wire fence
    2) posts for the fence
    3) a couple of bags of MG organic soil (I know everyone thinks MG is bad soil but its organic and had many good nutes in it)

That's about it anything else? I already have the seeds and am going to irrigate and hoe the whole area to make it good and fertile, anything else though?

13. Anyone??
    I got..
    1) fence
    2) posts for the fence
    3) 2 bags of organic miracle gro garden soil
    4) a ph soil tester

I'm waiting till next week to germinate my seeds but as soon as they sprout ill post pictures anyone have tips or tell me if I need anything else id reallly appreciate it.

14. Still no replys..

Looking at how small sprouts are wont they just die by being in the wind? Should i use a stake and tie them up or can they easily withstand the wind because my little corn plants are bent. so many questions going to read over the outdoor grow guides a couple more times...

Help would be really appreciated...:confused:

15. FINALLY.. getting started, just today went out and dug a spot about 4ft by 4ft, put fence around it about 3 ft tall, and started to germinate my seeds.. aw I'm feeling good..:hello:

16. I always recommend checking the PH, its cheap and easy and can tell you alot (i know that sounds obvious). My New England swamp is at perfect PH and lime is not needed. I added a small bit my first outdoor attempt years ago and it actually messed the PH up a tad, go figure!

17. How's the Biddy babies lookin?

18. Horrible, it looks at this point that nothing could go right. I left the greenhouse that my seeds were in outside and I guess the wind w as strong enough to blow em away... I really wana grow outdoors so I'm trying to get some money and re order the biddy early seeds but I'm already a couple hundred in and am losing hope after 10 seeds going wrong..:devious:

19. Damn dude, yeah the weather has sucked ass here for the last 3-4 days. I was trying to start some seeds for outdoors but I think I am just going to do an indoor grow this year. Easier for me and takes all the weather variables out of the question. Like Reggie said RI is a tough place to grow outdoors. Remember how it rained all summer last yr? I lost a good 6-7 plants to mold, probably close to a LB of dried material. Don't loose hope man, shit takes a while to get a hold of and the weather isn't always on your side. :)

20. So mad, bought all of the fence and soil and found a perfect spot all ready to go but now have no seeds, do you think I should still try it? Id have to get money together and wait another 3 weeks, someone help me and tell me what to do!!!