Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How has long term weed smoking affected your productivity and cognitive abilities?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by calculusab, Feb 15, 2011.

1. I started smoking when I was 12, I am now 24. For over half of my life I have been a stoner. I just recently graduated from college, I have a daughter that I am doing a great job of rasing, bills rent gas car note everything gets paid on the regular etc etc etc. Marijuana only affected my abilities when I was young because I convinced myself it did. I would say that it in no way slows me down or takes away from anything I do today because I realized i was only acting stupid because I was stoned, not that being stoned actually made me stupid

2. Not gonna brag cause it's not my style, but I've been smoking for over 16 years and today I own a recording and graphic design studio. No I don't have a rich mom or dad, I did it all by self.

So there is nothing wrong with heavy smoking if done with moderation, meaning that you will not be high 24/7 and fail in life cause you're too high to care.

3. There is everything wrong with prolonged, excessive exposure to high amount of THC.

I'm a 10+ years smoker swapped to vaping half a year ago and I CAN experience the downward negative spiralling effect of THC when vaped more and more excessively (ounce of 25%+ thc content, every day from morning till bedtime each month) and it is highly noticable that ALL the negative side effects of THC, including symptoms of serious neurologic disorders are intensifying once you're intaking it in a highly purified way such as wax, oil, vaping.

You can have whatever business or intellectual mind in the world but neurological disorders dictate YOU, not the other way around. Unless you're capable of realising their ever growing presence in yourself (which most people can't unfortunately, until damage is being done) and eliminating them in time.

Long live CBD.

4. It sound like we are on similar paths. I keep running into your replies that resinate with me.

My body tends to reject pharmaceuticals after two weeks or two months of use. Valium seems to be helping. Vicodin makes me hallucinate.

It seems like I constantly have to change up my regiment. Do you have pain in your chest and/or spine? Do strangers feel the need to tell you that you are really "ok" inside?

E

5. I've smoked weed for about 8 or 9 years. I was also a daily smoker during 2009-2010. The only negative effect that weed had on me as a daily smoker was my short term memory. It became noticeably worse. But, when I stopped smoking for a few days my memory seemed to return to normal. 2009 was the year that I began my bachelor degree, and I found that if I moderated my intake of weed while studying for my exams, my memory was sufficiently good to consistently achieve distinction average grades or higher. I only ever once sat a physics exam while high (I had forgotten the exam date). Apart from that one mishap, I sit all my exams while I am completely clear headed and have no problems.    

I no longer smoke weed every day. Instead I smoke once or twice a week. My memory isn't becoming worse over time, so it isn't noticeably interfering with my studies (I started my neuroscience masters last year). 

Cannabis doesn't negatively effect my mind in any other way that I can notice. Conversely, it appears to make me better at certain things. I am considerably better at improvising on guitar while high, and it is also easier to create cool sounding chord progressions too. Weed seems to improve my emotional intelligence. While I am stoned, I feel like it is easier to emotionally connect to the people around me. I feel it is easier to understand peoples emotions/expressions too. This would be an interesting research topic. I am considerably more philosophical while high. My philosophical creativity is definitely improved too. Weed puts me in a mindset where I question everything and come up with answers to them as well. 

6. tolerance brother, anything in excess will lead you down a spiraling path of over consumption and glut and a loss of respect( except for air, ha ha).  gain deep respect for the herb and you will partake when needed only and no excess.