FLUORIDE: The Bizarre History

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hank Scorpio, Feb 11, 2011.

1. If anything my fluoride toothpaste has saved me from a 1000$ dentist bill... don't feel any dumber yet? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

2. You are pawns because you blindly accept what the government says and the propaganda they push on us. Wake up.

3. The problem with this argument is if you believe it's false you only reinforce those who believe it's true.

Having consumed flouride throughout my life I feel safe in saying my cognition has yet to be effected.

4. Appeal to ignorance.

Who knows what the normal level of apathy is?

5. Not that this really matters, but how would you know?

6. Is that really all you can say at this point? Insults and more insults. You know you've run out refutations when all you can do is insult. I suggest you never to take a debating class.

7. Sorry, but it's clear to me that no matter how much evidence or how much I logically step through my argument for you, you'll never consider the opinion. Have a good life and good luck to you.

8. Evidence of what? I already admitted there are studies that show health risks. You can't seem to admit there are studies that don't show health risks. I also agreed with you that people should have a choice with fluoridated water. But that's not enough for you. :laughing::laughing:

Unless I agree that fluoride causes severe brain damage, makes us docile, destroys our teeth and this is a government plot to depopulate and control the masses, then I'm ignorant and unwilling to hear evidence. That's a good one bud. Any reasonable person can see through your fallacy.

9. Not you.

Appeal to skulduggery.

If it didn't matter you wouldn't ask.

If it's really that effective how would anyone know either way?

How do we know the people who say fluoride is being used for mind control aren't the ones who are effected most, and are the result of the government's plot to spread and reinforce false propaganda in an attempt to incite rebellion as a reason to instate martial law?

That's why it's stupid, because the logic is circular to the point of self-consumption.

10. Well everything matters, but it didn't matter in a way that was relevant. I think that's what I was meaning lol. But yeah, it matters to me just because I'm interested in your thought processes.
    Exactly, they wouldn't unless they tried to do some experiments. No one has ever tried to raise a human on a diet without fluoride, so we don't really know.
    We do not know this, and it could be possible. It would be pretty amazing if that was true though, because it seems so improbable.
    And now it's stupid? Hmm... damn you must just be way smarter than I can comprehend. I don't see how the logic is circular, and what do you mean by "self-consumption?" I can only fathom that are referring to the way someone can be consumed by a paranoid delusion.

11. I don't know if fluoride is going to kill me in small amounts but I am pretty damn sure it makes you docile. You like facts and what not and seem to have critical thinking skills so here are a couple fun facts on fluoride. The number one ingredient in Prozac is fluoride. Have you ever taken Prozac? Your not happy your not sad, you just don't care. Fun fact number two is Russia added fluoride to the water of the Gulags as the Nazis did with the concentration camps. You think they were doing that to help the teeth of the prisoners?

Look at history and learn from it or you will be condemned to repeat it.

12. Fun fact #3: fluoxetine is not the equivalence of fluorosilicic acid and sodium fluorosilicate which is what is used for water fluoridation. Also, taking anti-depressants sole reason is to change the mood. You're going to be taking enough to change the mood of a person, that's the point of taking it in the first place. This isn't relevant. I can show you that water, in high dosages can kill you.

Citation needed. I hear this all the time yet I have never seen anybody provide a credible source. By credible, I mean academic source of course. Not some cheap conspiracy domain.

13. All I have to go by is my own experience. I consider myself a heavily self-aware person, and this theory is not new to me.

I brush my teeth, I've had fluoride treatments, and I've drank tap-water (though not as much as bottled, but why would that be any better if the Illuminati can just cut Pepsi a check to drop some fluoride in their Aquafina to have us completely screwed (it's probably just tap water anyway :D)), and I have yet to notice any substantial effect on my critical thinking skills. Pot, on the other hand...

How do I know it hasn't had an effect? Because I'm able to analyze the concept for myself based on the interactivity I've had with myself and my concepts along with others and their concepts.

The minute a train of thought leads me to conclude that I need to trust someone to tell me that I can't trust myself because of something I'm told not to trust, I trust myself implicitly.

Anything's possible, I don't dispute that.

Stupid in a context relative to my perception of it. I can't speak for any one else.

I doubt I'm much smarter or more informed than any other here. But I am inclined to trust I am more informed in matters in regards to myself than others here.

The logic is self-consuming in that it leads you to distrust the original conclusion that preceded it, which was the foundation of the proceeding conclusion.

Ie. using my comprehension I came to the conclusion that fluoride is mind control, yet I have been using fluoride, therefore I either am or am not under mind-control and my assumptions are or are not true or false relative to the validity of the initial conclusion of fluoride being a form of mind control, of which I can't know.

In my perception that sounds like a lot of stupid bullshit. :smoke:

14. I'm the one that's actually been posting evidence, actual research. Things I've actually looked into, yet I'm the one that's blindly accepting something...

On the other hand you've been saying a lot, but not backing it up.

15. I guess you misread my posts and ignored my sources as well as refused to search for things from the viewpoint of both perspectives.

16. Oh the irony.

17. I have read your "sources". They're fringe websites that claim a lot but demonstrate very little. They give opinions, not research.

And I've just told you that I have searched on this. It's actually part of the science curriculum in the UK, you're told to look at this sort of stuff. So I've researched it as a teenager and I've researched it as an adult. I've looked at it with the scientific experience I have and I've come to the conclusion that fluoride in the right quantities is safe and beneficial.

Any rational person who looks at actual scientific evidence will come to the same conclusion. But you're too dead-set in your beliefs to change your mind. You've bought into this conspiracy theory and just like every other conspiracy theory it gives the believer a sense of being special because they have greater understanding than the majority. Just like every other conspiracy theory, once you start believing you rationalize a lot of contradictory facts away because you WANT to believe.

Look at both sides. Read about this. Look at sources. Look at studies. Grow up.

18. I do not feel special. I was just trying to inform. I care very little what people think of me, which is why I choose to put forth ideas people may disagree with. Wake up.

19. Staying awake for so long makes you delirious. Go to sleep.

20. You know, fluoride could be bad for you and not be a conspiracy. We are getting technologically advanced as a society, this is going to have negative consequences that go hand in hand with the benefits.

For example, cell phones are good for kids because their parents can keep in contact with them. Cell phones are bad because they can cause carpal tunnel and distract them in class, while driving, etc. Food preservatives allow more people to eat more food for a longer time. However, those preservatives may not be good for you. See what I mean? Fluoride may make healthier teeth, but it may cause x, y, and z problems.

I'm not sure what kind of fluoride they put in most drinking water, but I did a little research after someones said that it builds in your glands. This unfortunately could be true because according to Wikipedia "Few inorganic fluorides are soluble in water without undergoing significant hydrolysis." It is difficult for something to build up in your body if it is soluble in water simply because your body is mostly water. However, if the fluoride is not soluble in water, this build up idea could be true.

There is a problem with the approach many people are taking to these conspiracy ideas. Regardless of how outlandish any conspiracy may seem, it is always important to question authority. Always, always, always.