NH Cop Refusing to Arrest Medical Cannabis Users

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Area 11, Feb 6, 2011.

1. now i'd like to shake his hand :cool:

2. Same here. A quote from that page:

First off, the 'Class of Men' that is being spoken of is the DEA. They are payed to oppress and are given government benefits to do so. UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Second, the right to establish a new government is not allowed. It has been written into law that such an action is an act of treason, therefore, punishable by life imprisonment, or, now, since it's a time of war, DEATH.

Third, destroying marijuana is destructive of the good and happiness of mankind :smoke:

3. Now thats a true cop

4. This motherfucker knows what's up. This guy deserves a night out on the town and to get laid by 10 bitches at once.

5. Thanks to this officer for putting his job and potentially family on the line to speak up for what is right.

6. We need more thinkers like this officer in our police forces.

7. This is great, but I'm kind of sad that it made the news. Refusing to arrest a sick person for their medication should be something all cops do, and not such a rare occurence that it's news-worthy.

8. #9 Gerhardt, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011
  9. I hope his wife has a job...

10. i would like to know what his fellow officers think of this. is this officer now considered a shit bag by his fellow employees or do they look up to him?

11. Most likely he's a shit bag.

12. Probably neither

13. WOW, that second article really says a lot about what LEAP is really about. I will no longer Support LEAP as they are obviously just a front some pile of shit. I can't believe they would turn their backs on him like that, it's like they're jealous because he had the balls to do what they wouldn't , speak out before retirement.

14. "Hey man. All I want is my pension, okay. You can keep these cool ass drugs illegal, no harm by me"

15. Exactly. . ."I'm and cop and don't care if drugs are illegal because no one will arrest me for them and I get all the drugs I want for free from innocent people that I arrest. . . .. . .Now I am retired and can't find any good drugs, LEGALIZE IT!"

What a crock of shit. . . .

16. That's refreshing. A cop with morals and a good head on his shoulders. Much respect. :hello::smoke:

17. News like this gives me so much joy

18. #19 Blaghlagh, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011
    He said in the forum, That they basically ran him out of the force.

They reinstated him on the force but pretty much gave him a termination hearing as soon as he came back, and his Chief of Police came up to him and said he could never give testimony at trial anymore or be trusted.

Here is what he says:

Howdy!

Contrary to what Mark said on FTL about this thread being an "exit move"...... that is not what I intended it to be. I hadn't returned to work yet. A few days after making the post, I returned.

After working one shift and interacting with several members of the community it became quite clear that it would be impossible for me to go back doing my job. The police chief said at my termination hearing that I "cannot testify in court" and "cannot be trusted." Interpretation: I am a liar. Could he point to one lie I made? Negative. Why? I'm not a liar.

My time would have been occupied by trying to convince everyone in the public that I can in fact be trusted............ impossible.

I'll talk more about it when I can............. But until then, I thank everyone who has offered me support through this rather trying time of my life.

Things are not all that trying right now though Cool I'm in Maui

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=2323.msg27616#msg27616

It is good news that there is a cop that supports us that is willing to put his opinion out there, but I think people should also focus on the fact he got ran out of his job and called a liar by his own police force. On top of the fact that LEAP pretty much excommunicated him for vocalizing the ideals they are supposed to be fighting for, the ideal of change they are supposed to embody.

It really should be more of an issue that this organization is putting up a front for support of legalization, then not standing behind one of their own when he put his career on the line to try and bring more transparency and honesty to the current system of law. Since he was a major speaker for LEAP, they basically built him up then stabbed him in the back in the end for puerile and cosmetic reasons. Isn't this the same thing we saw them do to Barry Cooper as well, and then tried to play it off like Barry had not been affiliated or been invited to speak at LEAP events? Sickening.

Statement from Barry Cooper:
    Hey Phillip,

I'm glad you see through all the disinformation some in the reform community have delivered regarding my efforts. I would also like to point out I NEVER falsely affiliated myself with L.E.A.P. I was on their website as one of their speakers and was asked by three board members to give L.E.A.P. plugs during my national media appearances. I gave the plugs and L.E.A.P. freaked for no apparent reason and decided to distance themselves from me.

Jack Cole also stated in an Associated Press interview: "While LEAP is in sympathy with millions of people who have their lives damaged or destroyed by the failed policy of drug prohibition, LEAP in no way endorses the violation of the law, or any efforts to frustrate the hard work of those sworn to uphold the law."

It is NeverGetBusted's policy to do EVERYTHING legally possible to frustrate law enforcement's efforts to arrest non-violent offenders while trying to change the law at the same time. I am not only teaching citizens how to stay out of jail, but I am also trying to change the laws...I am testifying in courts about illegal searches and I am running for U.S. Congress District 31, Texas.

I wish L.E.A.P. would extend their hand and meet mine for a handshake...not because I need it but because the movement needs it...organizations coming together and placing childish fights aside. It hurts the movement every time Jack Cole criticizes true freedom fighters. He should use his media opportunities more wisely.

The rest of the Reform community has already caught on and now realizes I am a friend. I write for Marc Emery (Cannabis Culture) now and am working closely with NORML Dallas Chapter by speaking at their events. The reform "knee jerk" happened a year ago and few are still kicking! LOL.

Peace, Love and NeverGetBusted,

Barry N. Cooper
    CEO/NeverGetBusted

http://stopthedrugwar.org/speakeasy/2008/mar/03/barry_coopers_latest_avoidgettin
    In comments section

19. Sad we live in a place where someone is labeled as a 'liar' and 'can't be trusted' just for stating his opinion, even though most of the population doesn't agree with him.

Sad....